Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level

"If I was Michael Copeland" - Ideas for Argos off-the-field 2017 Thread

Everyones ideas/comments seem to have spread into multitude of threads, so I'm starting this thread so all ideas can easily go into one thread, make it easy for Argos back office people to look into this forum at our ideas, and just maybe some of them will end up implemented.
    Last edited by Shipyard; 10-26-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    I think there is real feeling of lack of "value" for $ among season ticket holders.
    - bigger discount vs face for season ticket holders
    - more perks for having season tickets

To grow the lost generation of fans:
    - kids season ticket (upper decks sections only) under 12 only for only $70/season with normally priced season ticket (they aren't selling up there anyways so they aren't losing anything).
    - Sell the same to any minor football players in GTA, you could sell them through spring flag programs (start in april/may thru june)
    Last edited by Shipyard; 10-26-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    A few things on the list which some I believe will be addressed if the surveys are an indication where they’re going.

A consistent schedule. There will always be the chance of Thursday games in the summer and scattered Friday games for TV purposes. The majority will need to be on a common day. If that day is Saturday, communicate that early even though the schedule is still to be finalized. Predictability is key for STH so we can plan as far out as possible.

SHT pricing. With how bad things have gone, on and off the field, I think there should be reduced pricing across the board with the bigger drop for existing STHs if renewed by X date. They should still drop for new but at a lower amount.

Free upgrades. For existing STHs pay the same as last year with and get a category upgrade. i.e. Gold A to Platinum A. A choice needs to be offered between the priced reduction or category upgrade.

Yes, to youth pricing for STs. Also flex and singles. Upper bowl and in the family section

Better perks – a minimum 10% off the team store though I think 15% should be offered. Reduced parking passes would be nice too.

Have ST events again. Draft parties and town hall meetings. They won’t be so tied up with the new stadium and Grey Cup this time. Even a viewing party if the Argos start on the road.

Would like to see multi-year options ranging from 1 through 5 years. The more years, you lock into, the better per seat price and more perks. Therefore in a bad year, they won’t have 100% of the ST base up for renewal at once. They can focus more on new sales.

A loyalty program. The more consecutive years as a ST, the better perks or have a bank of credits to be used on extra tickets, merchandise etc…Montreal has something along these lines.

A partnership with one of the local university team either York or U of T. STs include a pair of tickets top one of their games, perhaps the one they play each other. I believe Edmonton has something similar with U of A.

I’ll come up with more later I’m sure.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    - Family Pack - 4 tickets, 4 food items, 4 drinks, and 4 fan towels for only $44.44! Ok, maybe not at that price but you get the idea.
    - Fan Day
    - Town Hall. I don't even want/expect free beer. The year they didn't have free beer seemed to get everyone angry for some reason.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am listening to a very rationale discussion of the Argos and Grey Cup issues for former Argos VP Brian Cooper on the Bob McCowan show. No Argo bashing here.
    Last edited by 1971GreyCup; 10-26-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Many excellent ideas, mightygoose. Especially like the multi-year option.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Or your season ticket discount to face was based on how many consecutive years as a holder (up to a max discount)

I believe TFC has a similar deal. And some of those guys are down to $13/game .... there is no way they are not renewing, and go back to $30/game if they skip a year and come back

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't have anything to add that has not been mentioned before by other fans, but a beat writer would really help fans follow the team more closely. Transactions, player movements and interest stories really seem to lack with this team, while down the road in Hamilton Drew Edwards does an amazing job with the Cats. The return of Argo TV on the website wouldn't hurt either. Update the website while their at it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am listening to a very rationale discussion of the Argos and Grey Cup issues for former Argos VP Brian Cooper on the Bob McCowan show. No Argo bashing here.
    I heard most of that as well.
    I'm getting the impression that Rogers management has told on-air and production staff to not be as hostile to the Argos/CFL as they have been ordered to be in the past. I think there might have been some backlash against Rogers which they are trying to address.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Agreed - some interesting ideas.

I believe the consistent schedule idea is beyond the purview of the Argonauts, but the other options are within their power.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I'm getting the impression that Rogers management has told on-air and production staff to not be as hostile to the Argos/CFL as they have been ordered to be in the past. I think there might have been some backlash against Rogers which they are trying to address.
    That's interesting. You might have something there. We switched to Bell Media due to the harsh treatment of the Argo at the corporate level. Maybe it was measurable after all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yup, there was fallout from the recent Dean Blundell incident and Rogers was none to pleased.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Mods might want to merge this thread with this one:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...chael-Copeland

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    My list would pretty much be the same thing I wrote last year, but I'd just change the ticket prices.

I originally wrote this in the survey thread, but I edited it, so I'll post it here as well.
    On Field A: $1,500 - $1600 for Seasons and $185 -$190 for Single game
    On Field B: $1,200 for Seasons and $150 for Single game
    Club : $800 - $900 for Seasons and $100 - $120 for Single game
    Platinum: $650 - $700 for Seasons and $85 - $90 for Single game
    Gold: $500 for Seasons and $75 for Single game
    Silver: $350 for Seasons and $45- $50 for Single game
    Fanzone/Endzone : $250 and $30-35 for single game
    Light Blue (Family Zone and Upper deck corners): keep as is for $199 Seasons and $25 for single game.
    All Prices should include a $5-$30 (depending on seat) discount for children under 12.

Nothing else to add that I or someone else hasn't already written.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The Mods might want to merge this thread with this one:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...chael-Copeland
    prefer that doesn't happen. This thread is reflective the the past season, and how do they improve off the field only for next year (ticketing, prices, stadium, advertising...)
    Most of that thread is pre-BMO and the move in.

I hope the mods would sticky this so any club employee lookiloos can quickly scan through the thread and just maybe some ideas are implemented ... right now we have lots of great ideas but they are spread out in 5-6 threads so no one can find them.
    Last edited by Shipyard; 10-26-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    changed my cell phone and cable provider because of it. ... it will be a long time before they earn my trust again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Some great ideas listed. Here are my two cents worth:

- I went to a Jays game with a friend who had season's tickets, and Rogers Centre provided STH's a special entrance just for them so that they could by-pass the long lineups. To be honest, I am not sure if the logistics at BMO would allow this, but having something like that would be awesome, and considered a real perk for those who are STH's.
    - Similarly, the Rogers Centre has a board in the concourse which showed the names of all of their season ticket holders. IIRC, it was electronic and the names scrolled through, but it was noticeable and to me showed a degree of respect and gratitude to their most committed fans. At the Rogers Centre, the Argos did honour one STH per game with the VIA pass, but they could just expand the recognition without the need to provide anything tangible. It would still mean something.
    - minimum 15% discount on Argos merch, and it should not matter if it's purchased on-line, at the stadium, or via CFL shop.
    - could corporate sponsors involved with the Argos be enticed to also offer discounts?
    - i previously really liked the promotion the Argos had with Shoeless Joe's for 15% on game days. They should bring that back. Now I appreciate that they are really pitching the Shipyard and Tailgate, but having that as an option is a bonus
    - The team could hold a draw at the end of the season, open to STH's only for some unique swag: e.g. signed football, signed jersey, signed helmet etc. Wouldn't cost them much but would be a treasured keepsake.
    - I know the Argos had a tour of their locker room as an All-Access prize if you were able to collect 10,000 points, but what about having an "open house" type event for STH's . Could also include their practice facility. Tied into a town hall event that was mentioned by someone else?
    - As far as the game day promotion, they did a great job with shipyard and tailgate. The t-shirts at home opener were awesome as were the towels at another game. They could add a couple more similar promotions during the season ( kind of every other game)
    - what about having different themes during the season at home games, and where applicable linking that to Argos history, through in-game videos during commercial breaks, or announcements. For eg. if you had a 50's theme, this would be reflected in the music that is played, the costumes cheerleaders wear, and then perhaps video clips of the Argos or Argo greats from that time period.
    - If I am not mistaken, there is out there somewhere an 'Argos cheer-type song'. I think we should resurrect it and really use that to hype the crowd especially after TD's are scored. The Oskee wee wee thing really works for the TiCats, and I saw the same thing at a Philadelphia Eagles home game. Every time they scored, they played this cheer and the crowd went nuts.
    - is there a Canadian celebrity or entertainer out there who could be an Argos ambassador? Similar to what the Raptors have with Drake. Someone who is a proud Canadian and could pump up the CFL game and especially the Toronto Argos? I am just picturing someone like Mike Myers doing a promotional video a la "Wayne's World". It could be really cool and would raise the profile in the GTA.
    - similarly, there could be up and coming musicians or performers who could partner for performances during the shipyard pre-game and then half-time.

There is so much potential to make the Argos a must-see event.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Must grow youth football in the city, most likely flag or touch due to cost and parental concerns. The goal should be to have some sort of Football team at every high-school and middle school in the city within the next ten years. Give every player a free ticket to a game and discounted tickets to all other games. Have a championship day at the stadium, where all the finals are played. Have Argo players, Jason, the cheerleaders on hand and give-a-ways to promote the Argos to the parents and student spectators.

Go after every rec adult athlete in the city. Such as, offering every team in the ASHL (Adult Safe Hockey League) heavily discounted tickets and a free tailgate pass if they get 10 tickets. Most of my hockey team, average age 30, would need the incentive of partying with friends and like $10 tickets to go to an Argo game. Make an annual ASHL day on the best tailgating day, such as a Saturday against Hamilton. I believe in the tailgate as a draw moving forward, the Argos need the average sports fan to check it out in person, see it's a big deal and have a good time.

They need a townhall for STH for sure, most likely before renewals to help defuse all the disasters from this season both on and off the field.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    If you hire a photographer for each game but never update your site to showcase her photos it seems like a waste of money and her time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    All the previous posters are to be commended for their many excellent ideas. I hope Argo management read and consider implementing, in some form or other, some of these very worthwhile suggestions. "Mightygoose", "SnowRogue" and "RB957" in particular provided a plethora of good ideas and Argo management would be wise, to at least consider some of their suggestions. The suggestion by "Gillthethrill" of having a beat writer along the lines of the Ti-Cat's Drew Edwards, is a really important suggestion. Most of my friends and acquaintances, know hardly anything about the players or any of the human interest stories attached to players. The more the general public become aware of these things, the more likely some might be persuaded to actually see the players in real life.

I have been informed by an Argo staff member that this site is read by the Argo management. Hopefully, they will do more than just read the suggestions made by the above posters.

The only suggestion I would add, would be to allow STH'S to purchase a season pass to the tailgating at a greatly reduced price (1/2 or 1/3 of the regular $30 per game price)