Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I just don't get it. We have a few fans of other teams that post here and add quite a bit of good to this site. Then we have him. I personally don't post on other teams fan forum sites, but if I did, I don't think I would only come around to piss others off.
    I'm with you Angelo, I have better things to do than attempt to push buttons on other fan forums.
    TFC and their fans should enjoy their run to the final, good for them but to TBH I'm indifferent one way or another.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Why do you even post here?
    Because CFL fans are trusting and stupid like a loyal old dog. As paranoid and ridiculous as this may sound the soccer people post negative insidious comments at most CFL sites. But they're smarter than CFL fans because they will ban and delete CFL fans if they try to do the same thing at their sites. They want the Argos and CFL dead and CFL fans just don't have the stomach to fight back and thus they'll keep getting kicked and eventually perception becomes reality.

At one general forum the same TFC fan mods both the MLS forum and CFL forum, I'm not saying you can't be a fan of both, many are, but there is a very sizeable number of social media savvy TFC people (almost never Whitecaps or Impact fans) who post negative news with the intent of wanting to kill the Argos or CFL. There is no other logic to it. Jayahre does that at the CFL site and everybody knows it. He won't deny it he just disappears for a while and comes back when the smoke clears.

They almost all start the same way. Their first post is something along the lines of "I've been a fan of the CFL for 30 years... BUT" And trolls always give themselves away with another little bit of behaviour that logic would dictate but I won't say because it might help them.

It's just sad that CFL fans seem to bury their head in the sand. I'd love to see them go all "Hanson Brothers" on these trolls and media people.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a demotion for Copeland? Is he being made of a scapegoat (maybe on some level deserved) for the off field issues and Grey Cup Fiasco? Perhaps someone he can learn under...who knows but I would be nice to see some changes...
    Ironic considering he was probably the guy who got the rest of the CFL to the present good state that it is in. He did what I would have done, been a little overly optimistic to create demand and a good vibe. Unfortunately they really underestimated the market, but I've read very few accounts of people having a bad fan experience at the games so they did something right.

But they still only have to get 25k AIS (asses in seats) not 6 million of the GTA. Not everyone has to be an Argo fan just 25k, the rest will take care of itself.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Ironic considering he was probably the guy who got the rest of the CFL to the present good state that it is in. He did what I would have done, been a little overly optimistic to create demand and a good vibe. Unfortunately they really underestimated the market, but I've read very few accounts of people having a bad fan experience at the games so they did something right.

But they still only have to get 25k AIS (asses in seats) not 6 million of the GTA. Not everyone has to be an Argo fan just 25k, the rest will take care of itself.
    Numbers that Jeffrey Orridge and TSN have been quoting recently appear to indicate that overall interest in the Argos is up, even in the younger demographic. IIRC, Argos' TV ratings were up some 52% this year so there has been growth, despite the lousy on-field performance, which means that Copeland and Moore must be doing something right.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Again, should I be expecting a similar Email from the Argonauts?

http://info.ottawaredblacks.com/nl/j...126424f5861afe
    The more I think about it the more I believe that Ottawa should be the model that we follow. They seem to be doing everything right and really seem to value their fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Because CFL fans are trusting and stupid like a loyal old dog. As paranoid and ridiculous as this may sound the soccer people post negative insidious comments at most CFL sites. But they're smarter than CFL fans because they will ban and delete CFL fans if they try to do the same thing at their sites. They want the Argos and CFL dead and CFL fans just don't have the stomach to fight back and thus they'll keep getting kicked and eventually perception becomes reality.

At one general forum the same TFC fan mods both the MLS forum and CFL forum, I'm not saying you can't be a fan of both, many are, but there is a very sizeable number of social media savvy TFC people (almost never Whitecaps or Impact fans) who post negative news with the intent of wanting to kill the Argos or CFL. There is no other logic to it. Jayahre does that at the CFL site and everybody knows it. He won't deny it he just disappears for a while and comes back when the smoke clears.

They almost all start the same way. Their first post is something along the lines of "I've been a fan of the CFL for 30 years... BUT" And trolls always give themselves away with another little bit of behaviour that logic would dictate but I won't say because it might help them.

It's just sad that CFL fans seem to bury their head in the sand. I'd love to see them go all "Hanson Brothers" on these trolls and media people.
    As someone who used to run this site, I can offer my perspective.

There is a balance between allowing free speech and catering to group consensus.
    Just because someone has an opposing viewpoint, you can't dismiss them, moderate them or ban them, especially if they are at least trying to do it in a civil manner. It may be upsetting to the main audience, but Argofans isn't here to cater to your feelings.

When myself or Will banned or moderated someone, It's not disallowing their right to freedom of speech, it's because you said something stupid and it was likely against the rules.

My policy was/is that anyone could come here and debate whatever they liked as long as they also attempted to learn something. Being open minded about peoples motives for being here despite having some rough posts. If that be about different CFL teams or different leagues.

My thoughts about other sites banning people for differing viewpoints? What they have done is created a place where someone can post something and everyone just agrees, it's what they want in the whole TFC/Argos debate. It's sort of a confirmation bias based within a community. The 'we have this viewpoint so we must be right mentality" removing the opposing viewpoint does this, and it's actually what is happening in universities across north america right now as well. Group mentally eventually leads to close mindedness, when everyone just agrees with no talking about, no debate, or no counter opinion you get to that state where if someone says something slightly off the group censuses their gone.

Quite often, the owners/moderators will use the guise of 'trolling' to remove the person who disagrees or has an opposing viewpoint. There is a difference between providing a claim/counter-claim/opinion and trolling. One may have the unintended affect of upsetting readers and the other is deliberate attempt. Of course you can argue a Argo fan going to a TFC forum (or vise-versa) is that deliberate attempt. However, I don't agree with that as long as you go there attempting to learn something yourself.

People in both sports can have their reasons for not liking the other sport, that is fine. But we need to get to a point to say it's OK to like the other sport, and it's OK to like multiple sports.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Everytime, the mods here show the slightest bit of moderation then they are accused of stifling free speech.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Everytime, the mods here show the slightest bit of moderation then they are accused of stifling free speech.
    Yup. As I recall it, Argknot pretty much made this type of accusation when his old account (rdavies) was banned lol.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    ???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Dogs are not stupid.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Just read that TFC sold their game out in under 3 mins for their championship game this weekend (probably thankful for the expanded seating now). It should be a great game but apparently (according to comments on their Facebook page) the majority of the tickets went to corporate buyers and were not offered first to their season ticket holders. If true, that's a brutal way to treat loyal fans.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Argonauts FO should consider closing off the upper east stands and focus on filling the other 4 sections of BMO. This will create a better atmosphere and fan experience. With a better schedule and a more competitive team, that will help also. Build from there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Just read that TFC sold their game out in under 3 mins for their championship game this weekend (probably thankful for the expanded seating now). It should be a great game but apparently (according to comments on their Facebook page) the majority of the tickets went to corporate buyers and were not offered first to their season ticket holders. If true, that's a brutal way to treat loyal fans.
    Except it's not true. And Facebook is not a valid source of news.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    The more I think about it the more I believe that Ottawa should be the model that we follow. They seem to be doing everything right and really seem to value their fans.
    Agreed Neely.

Having watched it firsthand here in Ottawa, even though it started off with tons of negativity (development, politics, the name, the Horn Chen/Ringling Brothers History/ Beads), the name and the experience is nothing but positive now.

I play Men's Hockey and many of our guys are season's tickets holders and the talk in the room is just as often about the Redblacks. And this is an NHL town too.

So local, trusted, conscientious and diligent ownership & support are necessary elements.

If Ottawa can do it, so can the Argos; but this team desperately needs some positives to build on. They have to move the media and make the media pay attention. It won't if it doesn't have to.

Like the Argos brass deserves credit for winning it for the 100th, they also deserve to negative chastisement for laying an egg this past year. Terrible timing. Jim Barker was out GM'd and Scott Milanovich lost his room and was out-coached. Almost every move they made backfired, and there is no room or time for that.

Look what Desjardins and Campbell have accomplished in only 3 years. The Argos are going backwards right now. There's no time for it. Get it going, and get it going right asap. All the good teams already have the lead.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    One suspect is described as black, five-feet, nine-inches tall, 180 pounds, 30 to 40 years old, with a medium build. He had a beard and was wearing a black Toronto Argonauts baseball cap which displayed the letter A, sunglasses, green camouflage shorts, blue T-shirt with red lettering and white or blue running shoes with green laces.
    And who says the fan base is Caucasian, baby boomer demographic and older :lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    And who says the fan base is Caucasian, baby boomer demographic and older :lol
    Argo cap aside the fashion police should arrest this clown!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    another idea is they should work out a promotion with GO with discounted presto cards for season ticket holders and really market around the GO line given how easy it is for access to BMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I mentioned briefly to Michael last night. I really think that the Argonauts need to educate the city that our Argonauts are the oldest professional sports team in Toronto & in North America. Older than the leafs, jays... It's a unique advantage that only 1 team in all of North America can use and I think that patriotic, historic connection can strike a chord with Torontonians to help make them proud of our home town team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I mentioned briefly to Michael last night. I really think that the Argonauts need to educate the city that our Argonauts are the oldest professional sports team in Toronto & in North America. Older than the leafs, jays... It's a unique advantage that only 1 team in all of North America can use and I think that patriotic, historic connection can strike a chord with Torontonians to help make them proud of our home town team.
    All great points. Still not sure how much that flies with a lot of the people, but worth trying. Pinball used to go on the radio and always mentioned this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country