Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well hiring Popp and Trestman was a pretty sound decision. Opening up real tailgating was pretty smart. They've done lots of good things and they've made some mistakes, but you made the key point: they need our support.

People say Argonauts management is taking STH for granted, but I see a lot of people whining and moaning about nickels and dimes and benefits who seem to be taking the Argonauts for granted. It's a two-way street. This franchise is at a crucial moment in its history and it needs all the support it can get. I'm happy to give them whatever they need because I love this team, it is a part of me. They pay me back in spades when they win like they did in Hamilton. It's win-win. But I guess that's just me.
    Bang on, Rich.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well hiring Popp and Trestman was a pretty sound decision. Opening up real tailgating was pretty smart. They've done lots of good things and they've made some mistakes, but you made the key point: they need our support.

People say Argonauts management is taking STH for granted, but I see a lot of people whining and moaning about nickels and dimes and benefits who seem to be taking the Argonauts for granted. It's a two-way street. This franchise is at a crucial moment in its history and it needs all the support it can get. I'm happy to give them whatever they need because I love this team, it is a part of me. They pay me back in spades when they win like they did in Hamilton. It's win-win. But I guess that's just me.
    I vote this for the post of the year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    But they said that only x per cent were distributed to third parties, which I interpreted as disappointment that STHs used the tickets themselves rather than give them to potential future customers. There is no way they can possibly know this. In my case I am giving my flex tickets to individuals who might become buyers in the future, but the tickets were all assigned and emailed to me. How can the Argos possibly know to whom I distributed them? Sure, if the seats appear on resale sites they would know, but if not, they have no info about the recipients.
    I see what you mean. There no way to know with exact accuracy, but they would have a good idea what percentage was left over after the secondary market. That would be a good indication of the number distributed to friends, where as reselling would be STH using it themselves. But honestly, with 12000 people attending your games, it's not going to be too difficult figuring out who paid who for what.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Thanks Rich. I could have attempted to say that, but I'm sure I would have ruffled some feathers and had yet another one of my posts deleted.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Having re-read this thread and the 2018 Season ticket thread, I've come to the conclusion that Argo fans are their own worst enemy. With fans like what we have here, it's no wonder this team is in trouble. A bunch of fans (myself included actually), always seem to look for reasons to abandon the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Having re-read this thread and the 2018 Season ticket thread, I've come to the conclusion that Argo fans are their own worst enemy. With fans like what we have here, it's no wonder this team is in trouble. A bunch of fans (myself included actually), always seem to look for reasons to abandon the team.
    What in the world are you talking about?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'd send someone right down to Atlanta,GA and see how the newest MLS franchise averaged 48,000 fans their first season.

Featured on BBC World Service radio this week, this first year result is staggering: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csv31r
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    What in the world are you talking about?
    Read through this thread and the 2018 season ticket thread, it's pretty easy to see what I'm talking about. In fairness, it's not just an Argo thing, as it seems as though CFL fans in general are always complaining and making excuses to not attend games, and always seem to have excuses as to why places aren't selling out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Read through this thread and the 2018 season ticket thread, it's pretty easy to see what I'm talking about. In fairness, it's not just an Argo thing, as it seems as though CFL fans in general are always complaining and making excuses to not attend games, and always seem to have excuses as to why places aren't selling out.
    Except many of the people complaining here are in fact the paying customers and attend Argo games.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Except many of the people complaining here are in fact the paying customers and attend Argo games.
    Yes, paying customers right now, but complaining and contemplating to no longer pay. As I said, always looking for a way out it seems. I really don't understand what's so difficult about that to understand, oh well.

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I'd send someone right down to Atlanta,GA and see how the newest MLS franchise averaged 48,000 fans their first season.

Featured on BBC World Service radio this week, this first year result is staggering: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csv31r
    Save the airfare and ask Toronto FC how they averaged 30k for the last two seasons.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    Save the airfare and ask Toronto FC how they averaged 30k for the last two seasons.
    They haven't.
    2016 - 26,583
    2017 - 27,634 (1 home game remaining)

Being owned my MLSE helps fudge the numbers.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Playoff game needs to be on CTV/TSN live from BMO field. Hamilton TC's vs Toronto Argonauts. Just a wish - how much good would that do in the GTA?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Bang on, Rich.
    X2