Hybrid View

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    An easy one would have been to have 2017 season tickets available for sale during the Grey Cup. My brother and some of his friends attended and want to buy season tickets for next season and where surprised to find out that they're not on sale yet.
    I think they have to take their time to review the prices of the seating including season ticket holder prices. They to get it right this year to avoid the mess that was created this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by moeajram View Post
    I think they have to take their time to review the prices of the seating including season ticket holder prices. They to get it right this year to avoid the mess that was created this year.
    Too late for that. They already announced 2016 prices were frozen for 2017.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    An easy one would have been to have 2017 season tickets available for sale during the Grey Cup. My brother and some of his friends attended and want to buy season tickets for next season and where surprised to find out that they're not on sale yet.
    Yet they still have the link to the site selling tickets to the Grey Cup... two days after it was played. How do they expect to get the big things right, when they don't even take care of small things like this?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    This is interesting, because the people I was with said their friends who lived in Toronto had fun at the game as well and are thinking about season tickets, something may be starting to simmer with regards to the Argos in Toronto. It's up to the organization to capitalize.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    This is interesting, because the people I was with said their friends who lived in Toronto had fun at the game as well and are thinking about season tickets, something may be starting to simmer with regards to the Argos in Toronto. It's up to the organization to capitalize.
    Well hopefully they get back to work quickly and don't lose more momentum.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Such a good opportunity missed.

Just an fyi, Hogan was on TSN 1150 earlier and brought up that there's some rumblings about Copeland kept for next season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Just an fyi, Hogan was on TSN 1150 earlier and brought up that there's some rumblings about Copeland kept for next season.
    Simmons reported same rumblings a week ago. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe instead of a football czar, they hire an uber-president (Leiwecke type) and drop both Copeland and Barker down a rung, one to lead biz ops and one to lead football ops, and both on a short leash.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Such a good opportunity missed.

Argos need someone like Keith Pelley as President IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I mentioned briefly to Michael last night. I really think that the Argonauts need to educate the city that our Argonauts are the oldest professional sports team in Toronto & in North America. Older than the leafs, jays... It's a unique advantage that only 1 team in all of North America can use and I think that patriotic, historic connection can strike a chord with Torontonians to help make them proud of our home town team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I mentioned briefly to Michael last night. I really think that the Argonauts need to educate the city that our Argonauts are the oldest professional sports team in Toronto & in North America. Older than the leafs, jays... It's a unique advantage that only 1 team in all of North America can use and I think that patriotic, historic connection can strike a chord with Torontonians to help make them proud of our home town team.
    All great points. Still not sure how much that flies with a lot of the people, but worth trying. Pinball used to go on the radio and always mentioned this.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    All great points. Still not sure how much that flies with a lot of the people, but worth trying. Pinball used to go on the radio and always mentioned this.
    Yeah there are some people that you won't reach but I think that it will resonate with some people who are unaware.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    If you hire a photographer for each game but never update your site to showcase her photos it seems like a waste of money and her time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    Haha...an hour after I made my post, I saw this:https://torontoargonauts.exposure.co...hts-in-calgary, a nice coincidence!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Mark me down as vociferously in favour of Go Argos Go being restored to its rightful place as the post-TD song played in stadium. Dal's version or (micd/amplified) Argonotes, either would be great.

There's another Argo song from 1981 that could also be resurrected. http://bouncingbackbook.ca/post/4437...hem-argos-over
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    We heard much about this market research that was supposedly done prior to the season. Several theories have been presented by members here such as their research determined that the re-branding/re-build would be a long-term job (attendance this season more or less laid that out) and that the reason Liberty Village was targeted was due to the fact that the schedule was NOT family-friendly. However, I still can't fathom their pricing strategy. It is true that some of the other sports teams in Toronto are known for higher ticket prices, but the Argos are/were not dealing from an equal footing. I think the front office now realizes this and thus adjustments will be made to the pricing (hopefully) for next year.

While I despise the Tiger-Cats, I have to admit that I feel more valued as an STH by that team than I do as an Argo. Now, when Bob Young bought the Ticats in 2004 he had to go through some growing pains as well so I recognize that this takes time. But, I feel kept in the loop by the Ticats through emails, STH events and stuff like that even though I have no interest in attending them as a non-Ticat fan. It is the thought that counts to me. Once the Argos get their footing, I'm hoping that they can start to implement some of this stuff because best practices isn't a bad thing.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like the idea of hiring someone like Rush or O'Leary to write for the Argos website. Copeland stated that the team would be the most accessible in North America (IIRC) and that there would be a lot more information for us; started off well IMO, but then went downhill pretty quickly.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I just hope they don't start closing off parts of the stadium, the way they closed the 500 level at the dome. If they did, it would likely be the upper level on the west side, to make everyone move to the east side (with the sun in your face) to make the place look more full on TV.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post
    I just hope they don't start closing off parts of the stadium, the way they closed the 500 level at the dome. If they did, it would likely be the upper level on the west side, to make everyone move to the east side (with the sun in your face) to make the place look more full on TV.
    They're in deep trouble if they need to start closing off parts of a 27,000 seat stadium to make it look full.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So, Ania has switched allegiances, and it seems as though a lot of other STH's aren't happy with the new regime, TanenBELL and Copeland fucked up big time this year. IMO it didn't have to be perfect this season, but a lot better than what I've seen, the regular season and Grey Cup ticket prices (and changes), along with no sth discounts on merch, no town hall, no meet and greets with the players, etc have left a bad taste in people's mouths. I really hope one of the team executives reads this forum, because not only are fans not happy, they're leaving.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    So, Ania has switched allegiances, and it seems as though a lot of other STH's aren't happy with the new regime, TanenBELL and Copeland fucked up big time this year. IMO it didn't have to be perfect this season, but a lot better than what I've seen, the regular season and Grey Cup ticket prices (and changes), along with no sth discounts on merch, no town hall, no meet and greets with the players, etc have left a bad taste in people's mouths. I really hope one of the team executives reads this forum, because not only are fans not happy, they're leaving.
    Who did Ania switch to? TFC? Sporting Kansas City perhaps?