Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    With different customers comes different expectations I guess.
    That's true. I'd like a Town Hall, and a 10-15% discount on merch (name a team in NA that offers a bigger discount), but they're not make or breaks for me. I buy season tickets so that I can support the team and am locked into my seat for the season. I don't have to worry about buying flex packs every few games or singles, and worrying about getting good seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    That's true. I'd like a Town Hall, and a 10-15% discount on merch (name a team in NA that offers a bigger discount), but they're not make or breaks for me. I buy season tickets so that I can support the team and am locked into my seat for the season. I don't have to worry about buying flex packs every few games or singles, and worrying about getting good seats.
    If we keep losing season ticket holders at this rate you certainly won't have to worry about getting good seats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    If we keep losing season ticket holders at this rate you certainly won't have to worry about getting good seats.
    At what rate? How many people do we know are dropping season's tickets? Half a dozen? Two dozen?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    At what rate? How many people do we know are dropping season's tickets? Half a dozen? Two dozen?
    1 confirmed, and Argo57 brought up around 20 IIRC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Question is. How many of those 'no's will change once the renewal notices are sent. Depends on what they're offering in 2017 and beyond. Lower pricing? Free Upgrade? Perks comparable to other teams?

For those who are a current 'no' or on the fence, what's your price?....for lack of a better phrase.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Question is. How many of those 'no's will change once the renewal notices are sent. Depends on what they're offering in 2017 and beyond. Lower pricing? Free Upgrade? Perks comparable to other teams?

For those who are a current 'no' or on the fence, what's your price?....for lack of a better phrase.
    I can only speak for myself, but as of right now I'm waiting to see if Barker and Milanovich are back next season. In terms of ticket pricing: I was hoping to switch to the West side next season, somewhere in between sections 222-225, but I will wait to see if ticket prices are adjusted down. I don't mind paying $700-$900 to sit between the 40's, but if the pricing is right between the 40 to the endzone, I'd look at those as well.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    If we had ticket swap capabilities last year and not this year, that's news to me but I have never tried to swap. I find it hard to believe we had it in 2015 but it was taken away in 2016, but I guess that's possible. I know we have had merch discounts in the past although I can't remember exactly how they were to be used -- in the Jays store at RC? (Which we obviously didn't have access to this year.) Fan day never had anything to do with season's tickets. It might be a good idea to have a STH fan day but this is not something that was removed from our season's tickets. So at this point the sum total of what got worse from last year to this year seems to be lack of ability to swap tickets (if true) and lack of merch discount (understandable since there is no official store). I'm having a hard time agreeing with the notion I got treated worse as an STH this year than I did last year. This year every game promised to me was played at the time and location promised. That in itself is a huge improvement.
    We absolutely had the swap ability last year as I utilized it more than once. When I asked about it for this year, I was told that they decided not to do it because they felt that tickets were going to sell so well that we would have no problem selling our tickets on our own if we weren't able to attend a game (i.e. there would be so much demand for tickets that single game tickets would be hard to come by so our tickets would move well on a third-party site such as Stub Hub).

The merchandise discounts were available at all stands that sold merchandise in Rogers Centre as well as the Jays store. There might not be an official team store for the Argos but merchandise is sold throughout BMO so we could use our discount card at the stands if we had one.

And I did say that I realized that Fan day was not a STH exclusive event -- I was just listing it as something that we have had in the past that we did not have this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Again, The team more than doubled their ST base from '15 to '16. Let's just wait and see if they are really losing ST holders strictly based on what the 20 or so people on here are saying.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Again, The team more than doubled their ST base from '15 to '16. Let's just wait and see if they are really losing ST holders strictly based on what the 20 or so people on here are saying.
    And we doubled our seats from 2 last year to 4 this year (we're not keeping all 4 next season) and I know that we're not alone. Plus people bought due to the Grey Cup.

I will be shocked (and happy) if our season ticket numbers don't decline next season. This season was supposed to be the big improvement after all the turmoil in recent years and it was a failure on and off the field.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Someone asked the benefits that are offered to other MLSE teams, so here are the links:

Toronto FC - http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new

Raptors - http://www.nba.com/raptors/1617-seas...ction-benefits

Leafs - couldn't find a link but guessing that is because there is a wait list

Marlies - http://www.marlies.ca/tickets/SeasonSeatsBenefits.asp

Raptors 905 - http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/tickets-seasonseats/

All offer very similar benefits to what other CFL teams offer their STHs. Right or wrong I do feel jilted by the fact that all other CFL teams (with the exception of maybe Saskatchewan since I couldn't find their information) offer their STHs benefits while the Argos offer very little. If no other teams offered benefits then why should the Argos....and on a similar argument, if all other teams offer benefits, why can't the Argos?

Copeland also promised us that he was going to take care of his STHs THIS season. A promise that I don't see how anyone can argue that he fulfilled.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    We absolutely had the swap ability last year as I utilized it more than once. When I asked about it for this year, I was told that they decided not to do it because they felt that tickets were going to sell so well that we would have no problem selling our tickets on our own if we weren't able to attend a game (i.e. there would be so much demand for tickets that single game tickets would be hard to come by so our tickets would move well on a third-party site such as Stub Hub).

The merchandise discounts were available at all stands that sold merchandise in Rogers Centre as well as the Jays store. There might not be an official team store for the Argos but merchandise is sold throughout BMO so we could use our discount card at the stands if we had one.

And I did say that I realized that Fan day was not a STH exclusive event -- I was just listing it as something that we have had in the past that we did not have this year.
    Just another example of how badly the front office misjudged their marketplace.

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Someone asked the benefits that are offered to other MLSE teams, so here are the links:

Toronto FC - http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new

Raptors - http://www.nba.com/raptors/1617-seas...ction-benefits

Leafs - couldn't find a link but guessing that is because there is a wait list

Marlies - http://www.marlies.ca/tickets/SeasonSeatsBenefits.asp

Raptors 905 - http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/tickets-seasonseats/

All offer very similar benefits to what other CFL teams offer their STHs. Right or wrong I do feel jilted by the fact that all other CFL teams (with the exception of maybe Saskatchewan since I couldn't find their information) offer their STHs benefits while the Argos offer very little. If no other teams offered benefits then why should the Argos....and on a similar argument, if all other teams offer benefits, why can't the Argos?

Copeland also promised us that he was going to take care of his STHs THIS season. A promise that I don't see how anyone can argue that he fulfilled.

it should be noted that TFC had a seat holder revolt about 4years ago, as a result most season ticket holders are rolled back to Year 1 prices if they keep renewing, those price are less than half current season ticket prices (ie. 14/game instead of ~$30/game). As a result, their renewal rate is very high, if they walk away for a year they lose that amazing price

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipyard View Post
    it should be noted that TFC had a seat holder revolt about 4years ago, as a result most season ticket holders are rolled back to Year 1 prices if they keep renewing, those price are less than half current season ticket prices (ie. 14/game instead of ~$30/game). As a result, their renewal rate is very high, if they walk away for a year they lose that amazing price
    Notice how TFC had a low year 1 price and only raised them when they started to fill the stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    After the season we have just suffered through 6 people dropping their season seats seems like a feasible number.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Notice how TFC had a low year 1 price and only raised them when they started to fill the stadium.
    good point.

although no CFL team has $14 tickets ... thats less than junior hockey
    another reason they are losing $15-20mil a season

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I was told the same thing, the swap option was available in 2014 as well.
    Nobody really needs any of these perks but wouldn't common sense (and marketing 101) dictate using any means necessary to build your fan base and get people to the stadium (reasonable ticket pricing, discount cards, meet and greet events) etc to get the brand out in the community?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    That's true. I'd like a Town Hall, and a 10-15% discount on merch (name a team in NA that offers a bigger discount), but they're not make or breaks for me.
    Alouettes ST in 2017 will get 15% or 20% discount at the Als Red Zone store and at stadium concessions

15% ou 20% de rabais dans les boutiques Zone Rouge ainsi qu'aux concessions alimentaires du stade, excluant les breuvages alcoolisés (selon votre niveau de reconnaissance)
    Redblack ST holders get 30% discount at tonight’s fan appreciation game:

FANAPPRECIATION NIGHT | FRIDAY, NOV.4

Join us this Friday,November 4 for Fan Appreciation Night at TD Place as theREDBLACKS conclude the regular season with a re-match against the Winnipeg BlueBombers. There will be fan giveaways, fun surprises and 20% off all merch items,including jerseys (30% off for Season Ticket Holders). >
    The Redblacks also have Quarterback Club events – Nov 2nd included Brad Sinopoli, Chris Williams, and Abdul Kanneh. Great way for fans to meet & interact with the players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    ^ Good to know about the Als, but the Redblacks deal is for special events it looks like. I still think people are asking for the moon here - I recall reading that there should be at least $100 discount on jerseys for STH's. At the end of the day the Argos are a business, and some people just want cheap and free stuff.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    ^ Good to know about the Als, but the Redblacks deal is for special events it looks like. I still think people are asking for the moon here - I recall reading that there should be at least $100 discount on jerseys for STH's. At the end of the day the Argos are a business, and some people just want cheap and free stuff.
    While I agree that some expect a bit too much, I think some people would be happy with a simple 'thank you' that doesn't have to be in a form of something in monetary value. Just that thought that they're appreciative of the fans. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe John Candy gave out Christmas cards and that then once resurfaced sometime between 2008-2011. REDBLACKS had Burris deliver season tickets to people's homes. These little things can go a long way, much longer than discounted merchandise IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Personally, I think all the bellyaching on here is about the bad season, and some are looking for added excuses to whine and complain. I don't get it, but hey, that's just me.
    It's us vs the rest of the country