Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I am pretty sure he got banned. Not sure for how long if that is the case.
    I wonder why he got banned? I need to log on here more often, I always miss the juicy drama

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I am pretty sure he got banned. Not sure for how long if that is the case.
    IIRC, before 1argoholic disappeared he was lamenting the tough problem of re-establishing his livelihood (landscaping, at around age 55) in Ontario following his move from Duncan, B.C.

He said he needed to cut costs and mentioned paying for Internet. Perhaps that's why he's MIA. It'd be nice to see his return here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    IIRC, before 1argoholic disappeared he was lamenting the tough problem of re-establishing his livelihood (landscaping, at around age 55) in Ontario following his move from Duncan, B.C.

He said he needed to cut costs and mentioned paying for Internet. Perhaps that's why he's MIA. It'd be nice to see his return here.
    Yes, I do recall that. If that's the case, I would be more than glad to pay for his Internet. Would be well worth it!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Funny how all these writers made fun of the CFL for having 2 teams with similar nicknames (although spelled differently with a different meaning), yet none of them make fun of how many teams are named (insert city)FC.
    I'll add to this by pointing out that none of those teams should be using the non-name "FC".
    They should be using the non-name "SC" since they are playing in MLS, not MLF.

As for mocking the Roughriders/Rough Riders names, I always point out that there are three teams in the NCAA's South East Conference (SEC) named Tigers.
    The Toronto-wannabe Americans crowd usually shuts up when I mention this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue_Red View Post
    Maybe if Argos fans were not dicks to soccer fans there would not be as much fuel on the TFC fire. The Argos have brought this situation upon themselves.
    Are you serious or just trolling ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Maybe if Argos fans were not dicks to soccer fans there would not be as much fuel on the TFC fire. The Argos have brought this situation upon themselves.
    From which planet did you just arrive to make such an inaccurate statement?

TFC fans (well, specifically the abhorrent "Supporters Groups"members) have been openly hostile to the Argonauts ever since the prospect of the Argonauts moving to BMO was raised.
    Argonauts fans have only ever responded to this hostility, they have never initiated it.

"The Argos have brought this situation upon themselves"?
    You have no credibility here making such a ridiculous statement.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Listened to Bob McCowan and Damian Cox interview Joe Theismann on radio today. Damian made a slightly mocking remark about Argos record this year. Joe ignored him and went on to reminisce about his time with the Argos and recalled in 1971 splitting QB chores with Greg Barton until Greg broke his finger.

Damian didn't go there again. Hypocrit!
    Last edited by 1971GreyCup; 11-01-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Listened to Bob McCowan and Damian Cox interview Joe Theismann on radio today. Damian made a slightly mocking remark about Argos record this year. Joe ignored him and went on to reminisce about his time with the Argos and recalled in 1971 splitting QB chores with Greg Barton until Greg broke his finger.

Damian didn't go there again. Hypocrit!
    Theismann always talks highly of the Argonauts and CFL, love the fact that he hasn't forgotten those days.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Years ago I enjoyed Cox but over time he has become full of himself, actually a complete knob TBH.
    Born and raised in the Hammer so wouldn't expect the likes of him and Brunt to miss a chance to kick the Argonauts when they are down.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Seems like a load of premature speculation from Cox. Let's see how fervent (and large) TFC's fan base is during their next fallow period. Toronto fans are bigger bandwagon jumpers than most, so a sold out playoff game isn't enough to convince me.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Years ago I enjoyed Cox but over time he has become full of himself, actually a complete knob TBH.
    Born and raised in the Hammer so wouldn't expect the likes of him and Brunt to miss a chance to kick the Argonauts when they are down.
    Hamilton fans might not wish the Argos success on the field, but I don't think they want the team to fold either. I'm not sure I could place Cox in that camp anymore.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Howdy gang... I don't post often but I thought I check in the page since this article came out.

I'm curious to the examples of this dickishness? I'm honestly asking, not in jest. I can only speak from personal experience of the last year on twitter, and I get regular trolling posts/responses from TFC fans.. Unsolicited and unwarranted as I don't comment on TFC posts or actively engage them. But sure enough many troll anything posted #cfl #argos and just are plain abusive.

As per this article, Cox wasn't wrong on his original assessment of the Argo's state this year... But that's where it stops, the comparison was unwarranted and now created a "champion" of the title of "main tenant" which is a bull statement in so many ways. Instead of focusing on the success the soccer team has had, he choose to create a feud.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Hamilton fans might not wish the Argos success on the field, but I don't think they want the team to fold either. I'm not sure I could place Cox in that camp anymore.
    A year or two ago we were at a Ticat open house, Hamilton executive stated that they are in the Argos corner hoping that they succeed, sure bitter rivals but mutual respect between organizations (the way it should be)!!
    Cox and Brunt however usually don't miss a chance to shit on the Argos, anyone else remember Brunt sucking up to CFL fans during the 2012 Grey Cup while selling his book?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    A year or two ago we were at a Ticat open house, Hamilton executive stated that they are in the Argos corner hoping that they succeed, sure bitter rivals but mutual respect between organizations (the way it should be)!!
    Cox and Brunt however usually don't miss a chance to shit on the Argos, anyone else remember Brunt sucking up to CFL fans during the 2012 Grey Cup while selling his book?
    I don't doubt that.
    I would hope that the Argos executive has the same mutual feeling, and that goes for every other team in the league.
    Do the Argos deserve criticism? Wholeheartedly 100%, but, Rogers' hostility towards the league diminishes the credibility of whatever they write about it.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    You're joking right? Maybe some of us on here have said a few things, but please remind me of the time when Argos fans planned to go to TFC games and vowed to start up trouble including starting fights. When did Argos fans physically rip seats out of there spots? When have Argos fans been a public disgrace such as what we all saw when Montreal played here a few weeks ago? Yeah, Argos fans are the dicks.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Do the Argos deserve criticism? Wholeheartedly 100%, but, Rogers' hostility towards the league diminishes the credibility of whatever they write about it.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You're joking right? Maybe some of us on here have said a few things, but please remind me of the time when Argos fans planned to go to TFC games and vowed to start up trouble including starting fights. When did Argos fans physically rip seats out of there spots? When have Argos fans been a public disgrace such as what we all saw when Montreal played here a few weeks ago? Yeah, Argos fans are the dicks.
    I really don't understand how anyone could say with a straight face and without trolling that we're the bad guys and started it all................. I really don't.

SMH

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Admittedly during their really lean years before Bob Young, I found myself cheering for the Cats unless it had negative implications on the Argos. God I'm glad I can go back to hating them again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I feel that after the rubbish Cox put his name to today, the greats of Canadian Sports Writers must be turning in their graves. The likes of Trent Frayne, Scott Young, Jim Hunt, Jim Coleman and Milt Dunnell are only a few of those greats that I remember.

I am sure growing up, Damien looked up to these giants and said, I want to be just like you guys! Sadly, somewhere along the way, he forgot why he wanted to be a sports writer. Damien, you are just about as far away from these greats as you can ge!

Integrity, research, objectivity and great writing were staples in sports not so long ago. None of the greats integrity was for sale.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I don't doubt that.
    I would hope that the Argos executive has the same mutual feeling, and that goes for every other team in the league.
    Guaranteed, the Argos have left themselves open to some of this crap but bashing them and piling on when they are down has become an Olympic sport at Rogers unfortunately.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I feel that after the rubbish Cox put his name to today, the greats of Canadian Sports Writers must be turning in their graves. The likes of Trent Frayne, Scott Young, Jim Hunt, Jim Coleman and Milt Dunnell are only a few of those greats that I remember.

I am sure growing up, Damien looked up to these giants and said, I want to be just like you guys! Sadly, somewhere along the way, he forgot why he wanted to be a sports writer. Damien, you are just about as far away from these greats as you can ge!

Integrity, research, objectivity and great writing were staples in sports not so long ago. None of the greats integrity was for sale.
    I honestly believe that when many of these writers cross over to the broadcasting world, their writing styles change to go more with their "entertaining" broadcast personalities.