Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level

Yes it's True...I've Jumped Ship

After more then 20 years and about 15 seasons as a Season Ticket Holder I have decided that I needed to take my money where I get more value. This wasn't something I have taken lightly and I can assure you I've shed some tears. I love football and the CFL but over the past couple of seasons we have felt that what the CFL prides itself on has started to decline in Toronto. We tried to remain optimistic year after year but there is no sign of improvement on the horizon.

One of my favourite parts of being a CFL fan is the access to players. The relationships that we are able to build with each other. However over the last couple of seasons the opportunities to create these memorable friendships has diminished. We have seen the demise of the very popular Fan Day. A great opportunity to get fans involved and excited about the upcoming season. There are no more autograph sessions on field after the games. There just aren’t very many events for fans to enjoy.

-I have won two trips to the Grey Cup as the Argos biggest fan.
    -I own over 20 Argo jerseys
    -My dogs name is Argo
    -Custom Argo Licence plates
    -I was invited into the team Grey Cup Victory party in 2012 and O'Shea made me drink from the Cup.
    -My wedding was Argo themed and even attended by Pinball and Jordan Younger

That's just a small portion of my journey as a fan...to me it's about way more then football. Theres no other professional league in this world that you can make those kind of memories with.

I've written a letter to Copeland and Orridge explaining my decision. I didn't like how the move to BMO was handled. I was given one price point by a ticket rep. When it came to my turn to select seats I was told that price point didn't exist. Those tickets were $200 more per seat then I was told. Our schedule was yet again terrible. You can get tickets for as low at $7 per game on Stubhub to an empty stadium. The biggest slap in the face is the merchandise discount to me. If you want a crested jersey you have to order online and pay shipping. This whole Grey Cup thing was just the final straw for us.

This is not a final goodbye. It’s hopefully a see you later. My heart will always belong to the Argos, I honestly still don't know what colour I will wear on Labour Day. My whole identity is currently lost and I'm still struggling a bit with this decision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    That's a sad commentary, my wife and I had the pleasure to meet with you in 2012 at a meet and greet in Scarborough arranged by this site.

I truly hope that things work out.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is a pretty sad indictment on the new regime.
    I really, really hope somebody is paying attention.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    TBH, you sound a bit entitled.

I've been a STH for 11 years and a fan since the 1970s.
    I haven't come close to experiencing the things that you have as an Argonauts fan.
    Yes, somewhat disappointing with the Argonauts this year in several aspects, but it is the first year of new ownership and a new venue, plus hosting the Grey Cup. I think it is fair to give the new owners/managers a year to get their feet wet so to speak.

IMO, it's too soon to jump ship.
    It is still being retrofitted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I may not renew my seasons tickets that I have had since 1983. But I will definitely be going back to games on flex packs. I am still an Argo fan. It was a disappointing season on and off the field but I am not writing the team off and where there are opportunities try to communicate to the front office my thoughts I will do so as I have in the past. This team has given me plenty of positive moments and memories that still outweigh the last 2 seasons. The 100th GC win alone is worth a few crappy seasons. It sounds like you have had the benefit of some extra memories as well over the years that most people don't have. Good luck building new experiences with the new team. I don't believe they have won as many championships however.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    I guess can't ask where you're jumping ship to (black and gold perhaps?) or just off the ship completely.

It's really bad that it's come to this and hopefully if you are still a 'free agent' that it's not too late and hopefully the organization is reading these posts and taking them seriously.

Though they deserve the backlash, they'll be spending too much time on retention as opposed to building the fanbase up again.

I'd be curious to see how soon Mr. Copeland and/or Orridge reply. Hopefully they will. Please share

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    TBH, you sound a bit entitled.
    You have a right to your opinion as I have to mine. That's the beauty of this country. Not sure how I sound entitled...I'm not asking for anything other than to be appreciated as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I guess can't ask where you're jumping ship to (black and gold perhaps?) or just off the ship completely.

It's really bad that it's come to this and hopefully if you are still a 'free agent' that it's not too late and hopefully the organization is reading these posts and taking them seriously.

Though they deserve the backlash, they'll be spending too much time on retention as opposed to building the fanbase up again.

I'd be curious to see how soon Mr. Copeland and/or Orridge reply. Hopefully they will. Please share
    I will definitely share what I can. And yes....i moved over to the dark side. The black and gold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    You have a right to your opinion as I have to mine. That's the beauty of this country. Not sure how I sound entitled...I'm not asking for anything other than to be appreciated as a fan.

I will definitely share what I can. And yes....i moved over to the dark side. The black and gold.
    No need to apologize about the experiences you have enjoyed as an Argo fan Ania.
    I had seasons in the Hammer last year, that organization understands their fan base and treats them very well.
    Diehards like you leaving is both sad and alarming. I posted a week or two back about several of my work colleagues (also long time ST holders) not renewing in 2017, how will they replace these fans?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Despite all his words to make season ticket holders a priority after all they've been through the last few years Michael Copeland failed miserably. There was almost 0 benefit to being a season ticket holder this season. We were treated worse than under Braley IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    My point is that you have received a good deal more than virtually all long(er) term Argonauts fans.

We haven't received two free trips to the Grey Cup.
    We weren't invited to drink from the Grey Cup by Argonauts players.
    We didn't have Argonauts players attend any personal functions.

Yet, you seem to expect new owners/managers to provide you with some type of insider's privileges that you had under previous owners.
    Maybe they don't know you yet.
    Maybe they have been too busy with other things associated with taking over a team, moving that team to a new venue, getting licenses/approvals for a new game day function (tailgating), planning the league's championship game and festival.
    Hence my comment about the new owners try to retrofit a listing ship.

I believe if you were to stick around and influence the changes you seek, along with the rest of us dedicated Argonauts fans, you would possibly be satisfied.

Was it a bad year for the Argonauts organization?
    Clearly yes. Both on the field and off.
    But it is the first year of a new "admiralcy".
    I believe they deserve more than one year to get everything right for us.

Did Bob Young get everything right in his first year as owner of the Tiger-Cats?

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    My point is that you have received a good deal more than virtually all long(er) term Argonauts fans.

We haven't received two free trips to the Grey Cup.
    We weren't invited to drink from the Grey Cup by Argonauts players.
    We didn't have Argonauts players attend any personal functions.

Yet, you seem to expect new owners/managers to provide you with some type of insider's privileges that you had under previous owners.
    Don't think she's expecting any of this. I had perceived it as her just saying how hard it was to make the decision since she's had such experiences, plus that she's no fairweather fan.

I must admit, I thought player accessibility has been pretty poor this season. It's a league wide issue, more so with media though. It's definitely not what it once was but sometimes I don't know. Maybe because I was younger, perhaps I was more involved then? But it does seem that there are less and less opportunities as time goes by? I'm a pretty avid collector, hope to one day post everything I have, but this year I didn't get anything signed. Just couldn't get anything done outside of the practice times.

Thing is, ownership and Copeland are not new. New to the Argos but they must have had many discussions on the Argos when Copeland was the COO.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Don't think she's expecting any of this. I had perceived it as her just saying how hard it was to make the decision since she's had such experiences, plus that she's no fairweather fan.

I must admit, I thought player accessibility has been pretty poor this season. It's a league wide issue, more so with media though. It's definitely not what it once was but sometimes I don't know. Maybe because I was younger, perhaps I was more involved then? But it does seem that there are less and less opportunities as time goes by? I'm a pretty avid collector, hope to one day post everything I have, but this year I didn't get anything signed. Just couldn't get anything done outside of the practice times.

Thing is, ownership and Copeland are not new. New to the Argos but they must have had many discussions on the Argos when Copeland was the COO.
    Maybe they thought the access the fans have now to the players coming out of their dressing room to the playing field was good enough.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Maybe they had a lot of stuff to figure out in a short span of time, and as a result didn't achieve perfection in Year 1. Is there no patience in this world any more?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think it would be totally one thing if the new regime didn't make any improvements, but at the same time did not already add onto the damage caused by years of neglect. Can we honesty say that they haven't added to that damage? Nope.
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Maybe they had a lot of stuff to figure out in a short span of time, and as a result didn't achieve perfection in Year 1. Is there no patience in this world any more?
    I wouldn't discount the possibility that they bit off more then they could chew.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I think it would be totally one thing if the new regime didn't make any improvements, but at the same time did not already add onto the damage caused by years of neglect. Can we honesty say that they haven't added to that damage? Nope.
    The team sucked on the field (not something Copeland et al could reasonably have foreseen) but how did they "add to the damage" off the field? By over-pricing GC tickets? (Which they did, and which they have corrected, to the satisfaction of at least some of those directly affected.) By not having a fan day for the few dozen people who would go? By not offering merch discounts? We have a better stadium, a better game-day experience and a reasonable prospect of a better home schedule in future years, yet we are worse off than we were a year ago?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    This is a pretty sad indictment on the new regime.
    I really, really hope somebody is paying attention.
    I think it's overblown. Just my opinion.

I paid $200 per seat for my season tickets this year, and I sit in the upper level on the 10 yard line. I have been credited 20 for the non playoff game, so I got 1 pre season and 9 regular season games for a total of $180. IMO, you can't beat that deal anywhere in sports. I don't expect any additional perks as I knew what I was paying for before I put my money down. Have I enjoyed town halls and draft parties in the past? Yes I have. But never have I made something like that a condition on purchasing my tickets.

At the end of the day it is Ania's choice to do what she wants. I just can't agree with her reasoning here. If the team sent me to a grey cup (let alone 2) on their dollar, I would never turn my back on them no matter what.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    I do think the new regime overpriced Argo Seats as well. As my SS were more than in the past. They overestimated the degree of interest in the team which was surprising given Copeland s experience at the league level. As long as they don't bail on the team and show some enthusiasm for the team they will learn on the job. 2 free GCS and Pinball at personal functions and she is bailing on the team? Wow. Hope she finds what she is looking for.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ania's not the only one around here to get Ticat ST's. Although, going full blown Ticat is another matter.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Maybe the president shouldn't say that they're going to make season ticket holders their focus and then do less for season ticket holders than the previous owner did.