Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Maybe they had a lot of stuff to figure out in a short span of time, and as a result didn't achieve perfection in Year 1. Is there no patience in this world any more?
    While Bell and Tanenbaum only took over the team on January 1st, the sale announcement was made in My 2015. They had about a year to plan things out behind the scenes, and Michael Copeland left the League in September 2015 to join the Argonauts in the same month. Yes, in total they had less than a year, but certain things should have been figured out. I'm more than willing to be patient with the business side of the team, because I'm not a fan of blaming them for 30 years of this teams struggles, but on the field for me is another matter, and a bit off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    We had the following last year:

A gift (Argonauts Glasses)
    Merchandise Discount Card
    Free extra tickets to the home opener
    Fan Day
    Entry into draws for autographed merchandise and seat upgrades.
    So, what exactly are you looking from the team ? To give you what they had in years past or something specific ?
    Last edited by R.J; 11-03-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    While Bell and Tanenbaum only took over the team on January 1st, the sale announcement was made in My 2015. They had about a year to plan things out behind the scenes, and Michael Copeland left the League in September 2015 to join the Argonauts in the same month. Yes, in total they had less than a year, but certain things should have been figured out.
    Many important things WERE figured out. Tailgating. Shipyard. Seat locations for existing STHs, sorted out in an orderly fashion that met everyone's needs. How to look after the grass at BMO to keep MLSE and soccer fans off our backs. In-game customer service. What "certain things" should have been figured out but weren't?

There are times reading this forum when I think the Argo fanbase will be happy only if the team perpetually goes 15-3 and we all get gifts worth hundreds of dollars and have players visit our homes whenever we want them to.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    While Bell and Tanenbaum only took over the team on January 1st, the sale announcement was made in My 2015. They had about a year to plan things out behind the scenes, and Michael Copeland left the League in September 2015 to join the Argonauts in the same month. Yes, in total they had less than a year, but certain things should have been figured out. I'm more than willing to be patient with the business side of the team, because I'm not a fan of blaming them for 30 years of this teams struggles, but off the field for me is another matter, and a bit off topic so I'll leave it at that.

So, what exactly are you looking from the team ? To give you what they had in years past or something specific ?
    If you're going to make season ticket holders your priority as Michael Copeland stated then you shouldn't be removing benefits and perks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Perception is reality. If a STH perceives that they did not get a good deal for their money, then that is their reality. It is not up to the STH to change the situation, it is up to the Argo management to do that. Having had season tickets since 1965, I confess there have been times in the past that I have felt unappreciated and let down by the organization but gladly, never badly enough to give up on the team.
    I understand Ania's frustration this year. Management has made some very poor decisions this year, culminating in the Grey Cup arrangements fiasco. This might be the first year for the ownership and senior management but there that is no excuse for the some of the poor decisions that have been made. Hopefully this will be a learning situation for all those involved and next year will be a better experience for the STH's.
    On a positive note, the pregame environment (tailgate/Shipyard) has been superb, so not all decisions were bad ones.
    Ania, we will all respect whatever decision you make about being a STH next year but from an older (not necessarily wiser) head, consider giving the team one more chance--they may surprise all of us.