Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    With some (not all) Ticat fans you get the feeling that acting like an asshole is a badge of honour, but every teams got them.
    Yes but Hamilton seems to have a lot more than other teams, especially when it comes to their hate for Toronto / the Argonauts. Sometimes I wonder if they hate the Argonauts more than they like the Ticats.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Yes but Hamilton seems to have a lot more than other teams, especially when it comes to their hate for Toronto / the Argonauts. Sometimes I wonder if they hate the Argonauts more than they like the Ticats.
    Many of them have a 2-2 record against themselves. 😱
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post

As for joining the Tiger-Cats...well, good luck with that.
    I will NEVER do that.
    I'm with you bro. I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Hamilton in an intersquad game and I'd rather cut out my tongue and join in with that idiotic oski-wee-wee chant.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I'm with you bro. I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Hamilton in an intersquad game and I'd rather cut out my tongue and join in with that idiotic oski-wee-wee chant.
    That latest edition of Pig Skin Pete honestly creeps me out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I have lived in Dunnville for the last 26 years. It's definitely Ti-Cats country. Growing up in the 90's, I thought I was the only Argonauts fan in town, as I'd proudly wore my Clemons jersey in highschool. I might even know your family in this small town, LOL. I've worked on many construction projects throughout Hamilton, some directly for the city and Tiger-Cats related. I used to have a very good vibe on the Cats, even though I disliked them. The "A" logo and double blue colours will always provide myself a connection to the team, which make it impossible to cease being a fan.
    I spent many a "Mud Cat" Day sitting on the side walk on Locke Street in Dunnville. I remember many weekends in the 1960s and 1970s raking (tons) leaves with the Argos on the radio in fall. The family lore has it that my grandfather had a heart attack while listening to an Argos game. He called his doctor who paid him a house call. When he doctor arrived, my grandfather briefed him on all the Argos offensive plays he missed before he'd let him get down to business.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Level
    I was at the last regular season game in Hamilton in 2014 when the Argos needed the Als to beat the Ticats in order to make the playoffs. The Ticats won which gave them first place but instead of the Ticat fans celebrating finishing first, the ones that I was sitting near were celebrating knocking the Argos out of the playoffs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Go to Regina or Winnipeg for the LDC or Banjo Bowl, it's just as bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    I know Ania has always been a "people" person first and foremost, and cherished being known by many players over the years. I think the lack of player interaction this season has really diminished her enjoyment. I cannot agree with dis-owning a team though. I know they have failed miserably at a lot of things this year, but it is sports and a business, so you have to think that this cycle will run it's course very soon. With new ownership, I am sure they are now in total shock over the way things turned out in year one. You have to believe that they won't sit still. As mentioned before on here, they probably thought all they had to do was move to BMO and all the problems would go away.
    I really enjoyed the Fan Days and the "See you on the field" games, but losing those won't make me stop going to the games. It is only 10 days out of a year that I get to go to an Argo game (in most seasons), so I have to just laugh when they are so inept.
    I think the real issue with the team and its inability to attract fans is the just plain boring football they play. I've been to every game and I have seen so many new people going to games, but rarely see them come back. They've got to throw out that two page play book and start playing some more interesting football.
    I tailgate when I go to Hamilton games, which is quite often, but have not tailgated in Toronto, mainly because I park in Liberty Village for $5. I have two seats and the various people I take turns taking to games are all not interested in the tailgating, even though I would like to pop in. The little gifts we used to get with our season tickets were always welcome, but not a deal breaker for me.
    On the other subject, I usually go to at least half of the Ticat home games (I just love the CFL) and I usually wear some Argo colours, but have never once felt threatened by any Ticat fans. I've heard many "Argos Suck" chants but I don't care.
    Ania..... going to the East Semi-Final in Hamilton??? I have a friend who is a season ticket holder there and can get tickets at a good discount. He just sent me an email, but I am unable to go that day.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    For me, all that matters is the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

For those who have concerns, I can only suggest that you (politely) address them directly to the team. Posting stuff here is no guarantee they'll hear you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    For me, all that matters is the game. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Agreed.
    As someone already mentioned, if the Argos record this year was 12-5 instead of 5-12, I'm fairly confident that STH perks would not be one of the main topics of discussion here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Agreed.
    As someone already mentioned, if the Argos record this year was 12-5 instead of 5-12, I'm fairly confident that STH perks would not be one of the main topics of discussion here.
    Agree, however the idea was to grow the fanbase and it seems we are heading in the other direction, hopefully only slightly. Now that the team is in full disaster mode, they need to fight to keep the ST holders they have. I would invite every member (RSVP of course), to a town hall like meeting, to introduce some new players, possible new coach and etc, during the off-season.

It's not just ST perks. Everyone thought tailgating and moving to BMO would solve everything. I noticed the lack of fan engagement and lack of connections when this season started and warned of some alienation. I was told not to worry there's 15k ST and awesome $4 beers. A strength of the CFL was much about the accessibility of players. Then again, when your team is dysfunctional and loses starters every few weeks, its not like you can plan meet and greets!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Ouch, jumping ship to Hamilton, eeeew...I could not do it, but understand the frustration leading to that decision.

This season has been a complete sh*t show, both on and off the field. For me, being a 14 year season ticket holder, I am more pissed off at the on field product before anything else. Attending every single game at BMO this season, I can count 1, maybe 2 that were entertaining to watch. The others, complete garbage. That I believe is the main reason for the fluttering fan base. I am tempted to not buy season tickets again because I cant justify spending $50+ a ticket + food/beer and parking for a night out, that I can't even enjoy. I knew going into BMO for the first season, there were going to be a lot of issues with a number of things (schedule, fan oriented events, etc) so I wasn`t expecting much. In fact, I was surprised with how well the Shipyard and Tailgate have gone. Did anyone really think moving to BMO this season would suddenly create the perfect franchise? I believe things will get better. The schedule will improve, now that they know not as much time/effort is needed to return the field to soccer specs. The team will bring back fan events. It is the on field product that loses me the most. Some people consider the CFL "Mickey Mouse" and it is hard not to agree with pathetic play like the Argos have showed.

On a side note, what do other season ticket holder fan bases do? Any sport? Does anyone know? I doubt the Leafs do anything special for fans, other than the nice printed tickets (like we have). Raptors? Jays? I doubt they are letting fans skate with the Leafs or play horse with Derozan or catch with Bautista.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matchuk View Post
    On a side note, what do other season ticket holder fan bases do? Any sport? Does anyone know? I doubt the Leafs do anything special for fans, other than the nice printed tickets (like we have). Raptors? Jays? I doubt they are letting fans skate with the Leafs or play horse with Derozan or catch with Bautista.
    Don't know about those teams, but the Toronto Rock do quite a bit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Don't know about those teams, but the Toronto Rock do quite a bit.
    But hasn't there attendance also taken a huge dip over the years despite this?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    But hasn't there attendance also taken a huge dip over the years despite this?
    Yes, it has. Sucks too because the Rock used to be the leader in attendance up until the mid 2000's.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Yes, it has. Sucks too because the Rock used to be the leader in attendance up until the mid 2000's.
    Guilty.

I attended Toronto Rock games for years. Attended 2 championships won at the A.C.C. by the Rock. Absolutely awesome experiences - similar to attending the 100th Grey Cup and watching the Argonauts win it!
    Then, last year I attended my first junior hockey game. Mississauga Steelheads. I enjoyed it too much to not go again. If you have never gone to a junior hockey game, I strongly recommend it. (I attended a few Oshawa Generals games and a London Knights game as well last season. Great stuff!) And I pay only $20 to attend, with free parking.
    Anyway, the Rock became a casualty of my new interest in junior hockey. My 4 Rock jerseys have been collecting dust ever since.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    From the other Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    A lot of people have been asking what other teams give their STHs as benefits (that we don't get), specifically, Hamilton. I am going to provide links to other teams STH benefits so that you can read for yourselves.

Hamilton - http://ticats.ca/tickets/#season-seat-holder-benefits

Montreal - http://en.montrealalouettes.com/seas...t-memberships/

Ottawa - http://www.ottawaredblacks.com/2016-...cket-benefits/

Winnipeg - http://www.bluebombers.com/season-ti...mber-benefits/

Edmonton - http://www.esks.com/the-perks/

Calgary - http://www.stampeders.com/seasontickets/

BC - http://www.bclions.com/benefits-2/

I couldn't find information for Saskatchewan but I suspect that is due to the fact that they have a wait list for their season tickets not because there aren't any benefits.

Now to compare those benefits to Toronto - http://www.argonauts.ca/2016-season-tickets/ where the "benefits" were a savings of up to 33% (for most this amounted to a free playoff ticket which didn't happen), first right to purchase 104th grey cup tickets and priority access to grey cup events.

With respect to Hamilton, I am not a season ticket holder but I do recall seeing/hearing about several STH events during the season that involved player meet & greets, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Someone asked the benefits that are offered to other MLSE teams, so here are the links:

Toronto FC - http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/new

Raptors - http://www.nba.com/raptors/1617-seas...ction-benefits

Leafs - couldn't find a link but guessing that is because there is a wait list

Marlies - http://www.marlies.ca/tickets/SeasonSeatsBenefits.asp

Raptors 905 - http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/tickets-seasonseats/

All offer very similar benefits to what other CFL teams offer their STHs. Right or wrong I do feel jilted by the fact that all other CFL teams (with the exception of maybe Saskatchewan since I couldn't find their information) offer their STHs benefits while the Argos offer very little. If no other teams offered benefits then why should the Argos....and on a similar argument, if all other teams offer benefits, why can't the Argos?

Copeland also promised us that he was going to take care of his STHs THIS season. A promise that I don't see how anyone can argue that he fulfilled.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Guilty.

I attended Toronto Rock games for years. Attended 2 championships won at the A.C.C. by the Rock. Absolutely awesome experiences - similar to attending the 100th Grey Cup and watching the Argonauts win it!
    Then, last year I attended my first junior hockey game. Mississauga Steelheads. I enjoyed it too much to not go again. If you have never gone to a junior hockey game, I strongly recommend it. (I attended a few Oshawa Generals games and a London Knights game as well last season. Great stuff!) And I pay only $20 to attend, with free parking.
    Anyway, the Rock became a casualty of my new interest in junior hockey. My 4 Rock jerseys have been collecting dust ever since.
    I went to a Rock game in the mid 90's at the Gardens. It just wasn't my thing as far as sports go, but I do admit the atmosphere was pretty good. Used to be a regular at Brampton Battalion games on Sunday afternoons...great tams with Cody Hodgson and Matt Duschesne. Great value at under $15. Sadly they didn't draw enough and moved to North Bay.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ouch, jumping ship to Hamilton, eeeew...I could not do it, but understand the frustration leading to that decision.

This season has been a complete sh*t show, both on and off the field. For me, being a 14 year season ticket holder, I am more pissed off at the on field product before anything else. Attending every single game at BMO this season, I can count 1, maybe 2 that were entertaining to watch. The others, complete garbage. That I believe is the main reason for the fluttering fan base. I am tempted to not buy season tickets again because I cant justify spending $50+ a ticket + food/beer and parking for a night out, that I can't even enjoy. I knew going into BMO for the first season, there were going to be a lot of issues with a number of things (schedule, fan oriented events, etc) so I wasn`t expecting much. In fact, I was surprised with how well the Shipyard and Tailgate have gone. Did anyone really think moving to BMO this season would suddenly create the perfect franchise? I believe things will get better. The schedule will improve, now that they know not as much time/effort is needed to return the field to soccer specs. The team will bring back fan events. It is the on field product that loses me the most. Some people consider the CFL "Mickey Mouse" and it is hard not to agree with pathetic play like the Argos have showed.

Irrelevant as to what the Leafs do for their ST holders IMO, they have largely presented a shitty product for the better part of 50 years and sell out most if not all of their games and clean up on merchandise sales.
    Argos new ownership coming from the Leaf mindset learned quickly this season they don't have that luxury, they need a good team on the field and also scratch and claw to get fans in the seats at BMO.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Go to Regina or Winnipeg for the LDC or Banjo Bowl, it's just as bad.

Exactly. Every team has its rivalries and every fan base gets riled up for it. It happens. When you go to a Ticat-Argo game at THF, expect chants, booing Argos players and some good-natured taunts coming your way if you're wearing double blue. I remember the September 11th game at BMO where the Argos beat the Cats, Argo fans were chanting at us as we were leaving, and this was with my 7-year old son. It kinda ticked me off a bit, but it would never stop me from attending another game at BMO.

As for the 'Argos Suck' chant, it's not something I encourage my child to say just because I hate the word (don't know why). That being said, it's not profane. A little on the rude side, but anyone who hangs around kids knows how often they say the word 'sucks'. So a child yelling it at a football game, I honestly don't find it to be THAT offensive. If they were yelling 'Nobody blows like the Argos'... now THAT I would have a problem with. I remember watching an Argo game on TV a couple years ago and the camera showed youngster yelling at the ref from his seat (and what appeared to be a profanity if you can read lips). The camera was on the kid for like 2 minutes and the TV guys were laughing at him. I never thought 'Oh, man all Argo fans are horrible parents because of that one kids action'.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    That latest edition of Pig Skin Pete honestly creeps me out.

Why? Dan's a good guy. Very personable and down to earth if you ever talk to him. Kinda miss the older guy with the fur coat and bowler hat, but whatever.

My point is that you have received a good deal more than virtually all long(er) term Argonauts fans.

We haven't received two free trips to the Grey Cup.

We weren't invited to drink from the Grey Cup by Argonauts players.

We didn't have Argonauts players attend any personal functions.

Yet, you seem to expect new owners/managers to provide you with some type of insider's privileges that you had under previous owners.

Maybe they don't know you yet.

Maybe they have been too busy with other things associated with taking over a team, moving that team to a new venue, getting licenses/approvals for a new game day function (tailgating), planning the league's championship game and festival.

Hence my comment about the new owners try to retrofit a listing ship.

I believe if you were to stick around and influence the changes you seek, along with the rest of us dedicated Argonauts fans, you would possibly be satisfied.

Was it a bad year for the Argonauts organization?

Clearly yes. Both on the field and off.

But it is the first year of a new "admiralcy".

I believe they deserve more than one year to get everything right for us.

Did Bob Young get everything right in his first year as owner of the Tiger-Cats?

This ^^

It took Bob 5-10 years to figure out how to run a franchise. He tried to think too 'out of the box' when he got rid of the traditional sports chain-of-command and basically made everyone the same level for all intents and purposes (which of course, leaves no one accountable). He tried to get rid of the 'Argos Suck' chant (not understanding his fan base and team culture right away). Of course, there was the Stadium debacle, and while Bob was not the only guilty party in all that, he made mistakes there, too. He eventually got everything figured out. We have a decent (albeit no-frills) new stadium, sellouts, and (in most years) a competitive football team) and the Cats are now considered one of the more stable franchises in the league. I go to games now, look around, see the youth in Ticat apparel, see the sellouts, and I couldn't be happier and more proud of how far my favourite organization has come.

So just wait it out, Argomania. If Bob Young can figure it out, then your ownership (who already partly owns multiple franchises) will as well. I've been to BMO, and it is beautiful (better than THF in some areas), you have a passionate fanbase (very visible and loud at the game I was at), and a team that I believe was better than its record this year. I think a lot of people thought it would happen overnight like in Montreal (the U2 concert at the Dome changed things there). It won't. It took years for this freefall to happen and it will take years for it to get built back up again (hopefully not as many years, though).

They WILL figure this out. Don't give up on them. As for the Ticats, we'd love to have you, but we're good. The Argos, however...they need you.