Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    TBH, you sound a bit entitled.
    You have a right to your opinion as I have to mine. That's the beauty of this country. Not sure how I sound entitled...I'm not asking for anything other than to be appreciated as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I guess can't ask where you're jumping ship to (black and gold perhaps?) or just off the ship completely.

It's really bad that it's come to this and hopefully if you are still a 'free agent' that it's not too late and hopefully the organization is reading these posts and taking them seriously.

Though they deserve the backlash, they'll be spending too much time on retention as opposed to building the fanbase up again.

I'd be curious to see how soon Mr. Copeland and/or Orridge reply. Hopefully they will. Please share
    I will definitely share what I can. And yes....i moved over to the dark side. The black and gold.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    You have a right to your opinion as I have to mine. That's the beauty of this country. Not sure how I sound entitled...I'm not asking for anything other than to be appreciated as a fan.

I will definitely share what I can. And yes....i moved over to the dark side. The black and gold.
    No need to apologize about the experiences you have enjoyed as an Argo fan Ania.
    I had seasons in the Hammer last year, that organization understands their fan base and treats them very well.
    Diehards like you leaving is both sad and alarming. I posted a week or two back about several of my work colleagues (also long time ST holders) not renewing in 2017, how will they replace these fans?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post
    My point is that you have received a good deal more than virtually all long(er) term Argonauts fans.

We haven't received two free trips to the Grey Cup.
    We weren't invited to drink from the Grey Cup by Argonauts players.
    We didn't have Argonauts players attend any personal functions.

Yet, you seem to expect new owners/managers to provide you with some type of insider's privileges that you had under previous owners.
    Maybe they don't know you yet.
    Maybe they have been too busy with other things associated with taking over a team, moving that team to a new venue, getting licenses/approvals for a new game day function (tailgating), planning the league's championship game and festival.
    Hence my comment about the new owners try to retrofit a listing ship.

I believe if you were to stick around and influence the changes you seek, along with the rest of us dedicated Argonauts fans, you would possibly be satisfied.

Was it a bad year for the Argonauts organization?
    Clearly yes. Both on the field and off.
    But it is the first year of a new "admiralcy".
    I believe they deserve more than one year to get everything right for us.

Did Bob Young get everything right in his first year as owner of the Tiger-Cats?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My point is that you have received a good deal more than virtually all long(er) term Argonauts fans.

Yet, you seem to expect new owners/managers to provide you with some type of insider's privileges that you had under previous owners.
    Don't think she's expecting any of this. I had perceived it as her just saying how hard it was to make the decision since she's had such experiences, plus that she's no fairweather fan.

I must admit, I thought player accessibility has been pretty poor this season. It's a league wide issue, more so with media though. It's definitely not what it once was but sometimes I don't know. Maybe because I was younger, perhaps I was more involved then? But it does seem that there are less and less opportunities as time goes by? I'm a pretty avid collector, hope to one day post everything I have, but this year I didn't get anything signed. Just couldn't get anything done outside of the practice times.

Thing is, ownership and Copeland are not new. New to the Argos but they must have had many discussions on the Argos when Copeland was the COO.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Don't think she's expecting any of this. I had perceived it as her just saying how hard it was to make the decision since she's had such experiences, plus that she's no fairweather fan.

I must admit, I thought player accessibility has been pretty poor this season. It's a league wide issue, more so with media though. It's definitely not what it once was but sometimes I don't know. Maybe because I was younger, perhaps I was more involved then? But it does seem that there are less and less opportunities as time goes by? I'm a pretty avid collector, hope to one day post everything I have, but this year I didn't get anything signed. Just couldn't get anything done outside of the practice times.

Thing is, ownership and Copeland are not new. New to the Argos but they must have had many discussions on the Argos when Copeland was the COO.
    Maybe they thought the access the fans have now to the players coming out of their dressing room to the playing field was good enough.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Go to Regina or Winnipeg for the LDC or Banjo Bowl, it's just as bad.

Exactly. Every team has its rivalries and every fan base gets riled up for it. It happens. When you go to a Ticat-Argo game at THF, expect chants, booing Argos players and some good-natured taunts coming your way if you're wearing double blue. I remember the September 11th game at BMO where the Argos beat the Cats, Argo fans were chanting at us as we were leaving, and this was with my 7-year old son. It kinda ticked me off a bit, but it would never stop me from attending another game at BMO.

As for the 'Argos Suck' chant, it's not something I encourage my child to say just because I hate the word (don't know why). That being said, it's not profane. A little on the rude side, but anyone who hangs around kids knows how often they say the word 'sucks'. So a child yelling it at a football game, I honestly don't find it to be THAT offensive. If they were yelling 'Nobody blows like the Argos'... now THAT I would have a problem with. I remember watching an Argo game on TV a couple years ago and the camera showed youngster yelling at the ref from his seat (and what appeared to be a profanity if you can read lips). The camera was on the kid for like 2 minutes and the TV guys were laughing at him. I never thought 'Oh, man all Argo fans are horrible parents because of that one kids action'.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    That latest edition of Pig Skin Pete honestly creeps me out.

Why? Dan's a good guy. Very personable and down to earth if you ever talk to him. Kinda miss the older guy with the fur coat and bowler hat, but whatever.

Maybe they don't know you yet.

Maybe they have been too busy with other things associated with taking over a team, moving that team to a new venue, getting licenses/approvals for a new game day function (tailgating), planning the league's championship game and festival.

Hence my comment about the new owners try to retrofit a listing ship.

I believe if you were to stick around and influence the changes you seek, along with the rest of us dedicated Argonauts fans, you would possibly be satisfied.

Was it a bad year for the Argonauts organization?

Clearly yes. Both on the field and off.

But it is the first year of a new "admiralcy".

I believe they deserve more than one year to get everything right for us.

Did Bob Young get everything right in his first year as owner of the Tiger-Cats?

This ^^

It took Bob 5-10 years to figure out how to run a franchise. He tried to think too 'out of the box' when he got rid of the traditional sports chain-of-command and basically made everyone the same level for all intents and purposes (which of course, leaves no one accountable). He tried to get rid of the 'Argos Suck' chant (not understanding his fan base and team culture right away). Of course, there was the Stadium debacle, and while Bob was not the only guilty party in all that, he made mistakes there, too. He eventually got everything figured out. We have a decent (albeit no-frills) new stadium, sellouts, and (in most years) a competitive football team) and the Cats are now considered one of the more stable franchises in the league. I go to games now, look around, see the youth in Ticat apparel, see the sellouts, and I couldn't be happier and more proud of how far my favourite organization has come.

So just wait it out, Argomania. If Bob Young can figure it out, then your ownership (who already partly owns multiple franchises) will as well. I've been to BMO, and it is beautiful (better than THF in some areas), you have a passionate fanbase (very visible and loud at the game I was at), and a team that I believe was better than its record this year. I think a lot of people thought it would happen overnight like in Montreal (the U2 concert at the Dome changed things there). It won't. It took years for this freefall to happen and it will take years for it to get built back up again (hopefully not as many years, though).

They WILL figure this out. Don't give up on them. As for the Ticats, we'd love to have you, but we're good. The Argos, however...they need you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
    Why? Dan's a good guy. Very personable and down to earth if you ever talk to him. Kinda miss the older guy with the fur coat and bowler hat, but whatever.
    Agreed, Dan is great, but I hope you realize that the "older guy with the fur coat", Paul Weiler, passed away a few years ago, after 31 years as Pigskin Pete.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...sday-1.2762128

We always mocked his Oskee-wee-wee routine, but we secretly admired it.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    [QUOTE=shayman;101400]Agreed, Dan is great, but I hope you realize that the "older guy with the fur coat", Paul Weiler, passed away a few years ago, after 31 years as Pigskin Pete.

[url]http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/former

I know the old Pigskin Pete died. That's why I said I missed him, lol.

The Oskee-wee-wee routine is old and cheesy, but it's ours. It's unique and it's unifying.