Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Have to say that I am disappointed that rehash of same old, same old came from Curtis Rush someone whom I think knows better. The usual negative tact of half truths. Why can't any positive stories come out? Are reporters seriously that lazy now that they just do a quick google for a few quotes (Ray Ratto reference) and slap an article together.

The playoff only drew half of HNIC, but he didn't say they drew more than everybody else including NFL/NBA and TFC.

The CFL has seriously got to stop taking this $hit and start to fight back. Their PR guy has taken on Rogers BS and in his final State of the League Cohon finally came out and said how they were killing everybody else (save hockey) in ratings. No more apologies, come out swinging, everybody else is kicking the league while its down, FFS start fighting back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argoknot View Post
    Have to say that I am disappointed that rehash of same old, same old came from Curtis Rush someone whom I think knows better. The usual negative tact of half truths. Why can't any positive stories come out? Are reporters seriously that lazy now that they just do a quick google for a few quotes (Ray Ratto reference) and slap an article together.

The playoff only drew half of HNIC, but he didn't say they drew more than everybody else including NFL/NBA and TFC.

The CFL has seriously got to stop taking this $hit and start to fight back. Their PR guy has taken on Rogers BS and in his final State of the League Cohon finally came out and said how they were killing everybody else (save hockey) in ratings. No more apologies, come out swinging, everybody else is kicking the league while its down, FFS start fighting back.
    You expect the league to fight back with Orridge as the commissioner. This guy is terrible, not only is he an overated marketer...congrats on the 2nd non-sellout under his regime. He's also alienated players with his ridiculous statement yesterday. I know it's in the courts, but why not just state no comment about brain injuries and football, not say that the jury is still out. You still want people to sign their kids up for this sport and to dream of winning the Grey Cup, not sign them to soccer and basketball, which is what is happening now in Canada. The attitude he displayed yesterday will not get parents to sign kids up or promote them playing football.

The game has less reach now on just TSN than it's ever had and the Super Bowl has passed the Grey Cup in ratings in Canada...how could that be good news? That was not the case as recently as 5 years ago.