Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayahre View Post
    Sometimes I wonder who has the real inferiority complex. Isn't it people like yourself that believe you need the praise and a pat on the back from Americans?
    A US sports guy talks about the CFL and Canadians are really impressed. An article about the CFL appears in a US paper and Canadians get excited.
    A couple of Americans stopped you in the street and said nice things about the CFL?
    Inferiority complex?? wow
    ok, now show me where i said i "believe i need praise and a pat on the back from Americans?"

People have commented about CFL to me, Stating a fact, not saying "i need" it.
    sounds like the inferiority complex comment hit home, sorry bout that.

And i'll call you out on the fact that people here make a thing about Berman's Grey Cup musings. I'll say it has nothing to do with the fact he's American. WHat it does have to do with is the idea that he loves football, and discusses the game how it should be discussed. He points out the positive and discusses it from a football purist POV.

People are sick of the Anti CFL and even pro CFL spin on everything in CANADA. Always either cutting down or apologetic . its actually quite pathetic. We just witnessed argueablY the greatest GC in history and the CFL media is still harping on the fact that ticket sales were slow leading up to a sold out event. WHoo gives a s#it at this point. The game will sell out next year ahead of time because the game will be in a great sports market and they will barely mention it by comparison.

Hogan , Ferguson, these guys are all quilty of it. I heard Marshall interviewing Duthie the other day discussing the game and great atmosphere and they had to end it with the ticket sales issues. Shouldn't that be the first question? not the last?. These guys can't let the apologetic Canadianism go, and literally feel the need to leave it as the last thing the listener hears. Not an endearing quality of a nation imo.

I do not sense that quality from the vast number of poster here and it's quite refreshing.
    Last edited by LLB997; 12-01-2016 at 07:03 PM.