Thread: 2017 renewals

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    I see some posts re: costs and the use of the credit. So I have some credits in my account from moving Grey Cup seats, etc. too. I asked about instalment plans and was told i could do a third now, 1/3 Feb. 28 and 1/3 end of March. This will let me use the credits up so that's going to be my plan of attack. I know they'd love me to buy parking passes already too but I'm in no rush to do so now...
    The Tailgate Parking Passes aren't available for purchase yet. I asked when I spoke to Rob today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Jan 31

Quote Originally Posted by Kenners View Post
    anyone know how long our seats are held? I want to renew, but I need space in the card...holidays and all that lol

New Fan
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level

Group Section

Anyone know pricing for the group section? It's probably 20-25% of the stadium.

My seats are the $200 seasons, I'm not fussed about where I sit - I just like going. Problem is on games I couldn't attend I couldn't even get $6 on stubhub for some of them. It looks like they have cut the number of $200 seasons available in half, so maybe that will help me at least get my $$ back for games I can't attend - unless they start blowing out group seats at $10 a shot or something.

Kind of reminds me of grey cup ... there is an undeclared component lurking. I'm not buying my seasons to not attend ... but I bought 6 seats last year so missing 3-4 games adds up. I'll probably scale back this year due to the flex portion but it was fun to go with three couples and hang out.

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhalen26 View Post
    Anyone know pricing for the group section? It's probably 20-25% of the stadium.

My seats are the $200 seasons, I'm not fussed about where I sit - I just like going. Problem is on games I couldn't attend I couldn't even get $6 on stubhub for some of them. It looks like they have cut the number of $200 seasons available in half, so maybe that will help me at least get my $$ back for games I can't attend - unless they start blowing out group seats at $10 a shot or something.

Kind of reminds me of grey cup ... there is an undeclared component lurking. I'm not buying my seasons to not attend ... but I bought 6 seats last year so missing 3-4 games adds up. I'll probably scale back this year due to the flex portion but it was fun to go with three couples and hang out.
    honestly those $199 seats are the best deal in the CFL and great seats ... $18/ game, that like junior hockey prices can't believe they aren't sold out there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipyard View Post
    honestly those $199 seats are the best deal in the CFL and great seats ... $18/ game, that like junior hockey prices can't believe they aren't sold out there.
    Best deal in all of pro sports IMO. I have the first row at that price range.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhalen26 View Post
    But now with a ticket exchange program would that help you at all? bring someone with you to another game instead of trying to sell them?

New Fan
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Exchange will help a little - but with 4 seasons that's a lot of tickets to give out all of a sudden. I don't know if I have 8 friends who would come to an Argo game.

New Fan
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:

Level
    I have been a flex pack holder for the last 3 years, the ticket exchange and 4 comp tickets persuaded me to switch to seasons for the first time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    The Tailgate Parking Passes aren't available for purchase yet. I asked when I spoke to Rob today.
    Thanks - good to know.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos23 View Post
    I have been a flex pack holder for the last 3 years, the ticket exchange and 4 comp tickets persuaded me to switch to seasons for the first time.
    So not trying to put words in your mouth but, you are happy with what they are doing and all the premature whining by some was totally unwarranted and showed a ridiculous amount of impatience.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    So not trying to put words in your mouth but, you are happy with what they are doing and all the premature whining by some was totally unwarranted and showed a ridiculous amount of impatience.

Or, you might take the perspective that the malcontents raised the bar for future STHs. Rather than blindly support the party line and immediately reinvest in STs, many people voiced their concerns and demanded change. Isn't that how change is always brought about?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Hardly. The Argonauts didn't send out those 2 surveys because they thought that everything was fine with the season ticket holders. They realized that they screwed up with last year's season ticket package and they have now brought back the benefits that they took away last season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Some fans wanted the incentives that the team used to, and every other CFL team gives, I really don't see the issue with that.

Going to the games is enough for me for the most part, and the only incentive I'd even want is the merch discount, but I can understand why some weren't happy about the lack of perks this past season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'll stick to my original opinion of: WWAAAAAAA!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah why should the team that has the least season ticket holders in the league offer the same perks that every other team does? Even though they themselves offered those exact same perks in previous seasons. Obviously moving to BMO Field will be enough that they'll have a waiting list for season tickets. Marketing 101 right there.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I run to the mailbox each day in anticipation of an Argos Christmas card being sent in my name, only to be disappointment each and every time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah why should the team that has the least season ticket holders in the league offer the same perks that every other team does? Even though they themselves offered those exact same perks in previous seasons. Obviously moving to BMO Field will be enough that they'll have a waiting list for season tickets. Marketing 101 right there.
    And things have changed, so why are you still carrying on? I doubt there are any other teams in the league that are essentially giving every season ticket holder 4 additional tickets to use as they please.

My point being everyone knew they did a poor job marketing the team this past year, but the reactions on here were so over the top it wasn't even funny. You can try and take credit for the changes thinking that the reactions on fan forums have anything to do with the changes. IMO, those questionnaires that went out to all the ST holders had zero to do with the bellyaching on here. They sent them out, got answers and changed things up. Why can't they get a little credit for that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    And things have changed, so why are you still carrying on? I doubt there are any other teams in the league that are essentially giving every season ticket holder 4 additional tickets to use as they please.

My point being everyone knew they did a poor job marketing the team this past year, but the reactions on here were so over the top it wasn't even funny. You can try and take credit for the changes thinking that the reactions on fan forums have anything to do with the changes. IMO, those questionnaires that went out to all the ST holders had zero to do with the bellyaching on here. They sent them out, got answers and changed things up. Why can't they get a little credit for that?
    You can't be serious. No one has said anything negative about the 2017 season ticket package. The only one carrying on is you:

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You can't be serious. No one has said anything negative about the 2017 season ticket package. The only one carrying on is you:
    I didn't say people are being negative about it on here. But it sure as hell isn't getting as many thumbs up as 2016 got thumbs down towards the end of the season. I guess it's just fashionable for everyone to $hit all over anything the team does wrong, but not applaud them for things done right.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I didn't say people are being negative about it on here. But it sure as hell isn't getting as many thumbs up as 2016 got thumbs down towards the end of the season. I guess it's just fashionable for everyone to $hit all over anything the team does wrong, but not applaud them for things done right.
    Human nature. People usually only speak out if things fall below or rise above their expectations.