Thread: 2017 renewals

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I run to the mailbox each day in anticipation of an Argos Christmas card being sent in my name, only to be disappointment each and every time.
    You'll get your Argonauts Christmas greeting in an e-mail, just like the rest of us.

(People still send physical cards via snail mail?)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    I had an interaction with Sara Moore at Grey Cup and told her that these benefits were a great start but they were just giving back what was taken away from us. At that point the 4 extra tickets wasn't discussed nor were any details of the benefits. So I asked what they were going to do to attract new fans into the stadium. She got annoyed with me said she got my letter and walked away. I didn't think I asked an unreasonable question. I think the 4 tickets is a great way for season ticket holders to bring new fans to games. Wish the merchandise discount applied in stadium though. 10% off when you still have to pay for shipping isn't much of a deal. Might as well just buy at the stadium for full price.

That being said, I am still not renewing my seats. I know Angelo doesn't agree with my decision...but in the end it's my money and I choose how I spend it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Agreed with your thoughts but understand your decision is deeper than the benefits. Hope the merch. discount in stadium gets added once the season starts. Also hope things are good this year and hope t have you in back in the fold for 2018!

Really disappointed but not surprised by Sara's reaction. I think she knows she's a dead in the water with the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argomANIA View Post

That being said, I am still not renewing my seats. I know Angelo doesn't agree with my decision...but in the end it's my money and I choose how I spend it.
    I never had a problem with your decision. The problem I had was that you decided to start an entire thread about it. I don't think it was necessary. All it does is bring out more negative feelings. If you wanted to start a big thread about it, you should have done it on a Ti-Cats fan forum, where people would have been happy to see it. IMO, the last thing this site needs is for a MOD to start the thread that you did, dissing the team that we all cheer for. This is after all ArgoFANS.com.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I never had a problem with your decision. The problem I had was that you decided to start an entire thread about it. I don't think it was necessary. All it does is bring out more negative feelings. If you wanted to start a big thread about it, you should have done it on a Ti-Cats fan forum, where people would have been happy to see it. IMO, the last thing this site needs is for a MOD to start the thread that you did, dissing the team that we all cheer for. This is after all ArgoFANS.com.
    So by that logic no one can criticize anything that the Argonauts do on or off the field on Argofans.com?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I had an interaction with Sara Moore at Grey Cup and told her that these benefits were a great start but they were just giving back what was taken away from us. At that point the 4 extra tickets wasn't discussed nor were any details of the benefits. So I asked what they were going to do to attract new fans into the stadium. She got annoyed with me said she got my letter and walked away. I didn't think I asked an unreasonable question. I think the 4 tickets is a great way for season ticket holders to bring new fans to games. Wish the merchandise discount applied in stadium though. 10% off when you still have to pay for shipping isn't much of a deal. Might as well just buy at the stadium for full price.

Well to be fair. Considering the letter you wrote there was no upside for her to spend any time talking to you about it. So why waste the time when she could move on to more upbeat exchanges at GC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    So by that logic no one can criticize anything that the Argonauts do on or off the field on Argofans.com?
    Milo and Barker would endorse that message.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Milo and Barker would endorse that message.
    Barker and Milanovich deserved most of the criticism they received this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    If that's how you interpret it, fine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I have to make a point to agree. I was not impressed with the original post. It was very Troll-like, if not written by such a well known former fan (and good person). Any backlash, including my own harsh reply, was expected.

I didn't say people are being negative about it on here. But it sure as hell isn't getting as many thumbs up as 2016 got thumbs down towards the end of the season. I guess it's just fashionable for everyone to $hit all over anything the team does wrong, but not applaud them for things done right.
    Or it's the off-season and people like me don't post as much. I'll admit, I was hard on the way management ran things this year (particularly my Fan Day pet peeve), but it looks like a very nice ST package and a promise of more fan events. If the schedule could only be very decent (weekends), I could come back. I'm optimistic next years schedule will be very much improved.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Criticism is fine, and we've seen plenty of it this season. What we have here is that a moderator of this site basically dumped the Argos for the Ticats. She certainly has the right to do that, but if did that, I wouldn't post here any more. And if I were a mod, I definitely would expect to no longer be a mod.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Criticism is fine, and we've seen plenty of it this season. What we have here is that a moderator of this site basically dumped the Argos for the Ticats. She certainly has the right to do that, but if did that, I wouldn't post here any more. And if I were a mod, I definitely would expect to no longer be a mod.
    Agreed.
    The moderator role should be given up or taken away. Bad optics at the very least.

As for posting, well, we have people here who are "bi-fans" (Argonauts and Tiger-Cats) based on the number who hold season seats to both or who regularly attend both teams' home games, along with at least one who is clearly a Tiger-Cats fan. So I suppose posts from a Tiger-Cats fan are acceptable, unless they become trolling.

But a Tiger-Cats fan should not be a moderator on an Argonauts fans website.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    I removed her as a moderator at her request when she made the announcement. I hadn't noticed that it still appears under her name as they do not appear to be linked in the mod settings.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Level
    As Will just said, I stepped down as a MOD before I made my announcement. Not sure why it still says I'm a mod. The only reason I did make a post was after a discussion with Will because people were talking about me, so we thought I should explain my reasons. As I've said I will forever have the Argos in my heart and one day I hope to be back but right now it's not where I want my money to go. Not sure why you're taking this so personal. If you're ok paying $19 per game or whatever you pay thats fine. I'm not ok with that when I can go on StubHub and get a ticket for $10 and sit anywhere I want in the stadium (limited to wheelchair accessibility of course). Everyone complains about freedom of speech, but when it doesn't go with their beliefs they don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Well to be fair. Considering the letter you wrote there was no upside for her to spend any time talking to you about it. So why waste the time when she could move on to more upbeat exchanges at GC.
    You're right Ron. But she was the one who approached me. So I thought she wanted to discuss things. Guess not. Which is totally her right.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    As Will just said, I stepped down as a MOD before I made my announcement. Not sure why it still says I'm a mod. The only reason I did make a post was after a discussion with Will because people were talking about me, so we thought I should explain my reasons. As I've said I will forever have the Argos in my heart and one day I hope to be back but right now it's not where I want my money to go. Not sure why you're taking this so personal. If you're ok paying $19 per game or whatever you pay thats fine. I'm not ok with that when I can go on StubHub and get a ticket for $10 and sit anywhere I want in the stadium (limited to wheelchair accessibility of course). Everyone complains about freedom of speech, but when it doesn't go with their beliefs they don't like it.

You're right Ron. But she was the one who approached me. So I thought she wanted to discuss things. Guess not. Which is totally her right.
    Again, my only issue was that an entire thread was started on it. I would never tell anyone who to cheer for our how to spend their money.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I removed her as a moderator at her request when she made the announcement. I hadn't noticed that it still appears under her name as they do not appear to be linked in the mod settings.
    A vacancy?? App Sent.

Will Ban TFC trolls this time, promise.

Don
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    A vacancy?? App Sent.

Will Ban TFC trolls this time, promise.
    I'll require references
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I'll require references
    My undoing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Very few seats available in the first row of the West upper deck, maybe I'm better off waiting to see if seats open up in January.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Please keep this thread on topic - 2017 season tickets/renewals. If a member has a problem with how another member responds to another member, then that too can be addressed via PM rather than derailing this thread.