Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    How about Carter and Shaw as wideouts, with Brandon Banks on the depth chart, while also returning kicks. Owens returns to rekindle his relationship with Ray and joins Spencer inside. Maybe a little undersized, but an exciting and entertaining group!
    Sounds good but I think this dream is oversized.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    How about Carter and Shaw as wideouts, with Brandon Banks on the depth chart, while also returning kicks. Owens returns to rekindle his relationship with Ray and joins Spencer inside. Maybe a little undersized, but an exciting and entertaining group!
    I think it's safe to say that Brian Jones will be starting this year. IMO, the reason the 3 guys were cut last year was because the Argos came to the realization after the Montreal game that they were not doing anything in 2016 and wanted to get a look at what can be done for the future.

I wonder if Da'Rick Rogers will ever report? Must be a reason they kept him on the suspended list all year rather than just releasing him.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't think there is a downside to signing Carter. He is a legitimate deep-ball threat which the Argos surely need, and he should want to redeem himself after what happened last season. His attitude/demeanour is an issue, but if that can be controlled, he does bring a certain swagger that will create some buzz, if nothing else.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    I don't think there is a downside to signing Carter. He is a legitimate deep-ball threat which the Argos surely need, and he should want to redeem himself after what happened last season. His attitude/demeanour is an issue, but if that can be controlled, he does bring a certain swagger that will create some buzz, if nothing else.
    Wouldn't his bad attitude be a downside?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Devier Posey might be a good bet to make the receiving corps next season? - got a bit of work last last year, and similar to the so-called (and ex) big 3 - decent size + an NFL resume.

Maybe Brian Jones starts full time at slotback? - IMO he might be a good one but the jury is still out. Be nice to have a big physical receiver in the corps if it is going to feature some smurf or slight type receivers as well.

Shaw & Spencer to return? - each have flashed some good CFL talent - maybe one or both can make the progression to a top flight CFL receiver?

I believe Llevi Noel could start at WR and be very good - he has the receiver skills IMO and judging by his good ST work, will play tough, block.

Still going to be the same offence with the hybrid slot role that Durie used to be so effective at? - would Coombs just take over full-time or maybe Spencer would be dangerous there?

Probably going to be a number of new import receivers in TC and maybe a real good one emerges. (another Inman - who is established as one of the Chargers' best receivers now).

IMO - receiving corps - while a concern with letting go 4 roster players in that last season panic moves parade, is able to be fixed and improved - with guys already on the roster and maybe just one new addition?

O-line and D-backfield are the 2 other large position groups that are concerns and might be much tougher to fix/improve on?

DON'T need over-rated and likely high co$t Duron Carter, IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Wouldn't his bad attitude be a downside?
    Thanks you! Yes as his bad attitude and huge ego has caused him to be punted from multiple teams since college.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Brian Jones will be starting this year. IMO, the reason the 3 guys were cut last year was because the Argos came to the realization after the Montreal game that they were not doing anything in 2016 and wanted to get a look at what can be done for the future.
    I am still scratching my head on why the brain trust went all in on the DW trade, then 2 weeks bailed on the season by releasing their receiving corps? You either blow the bank and go for broke, or start to play the players that you think provide the most upside in future.

I liked what I saw from Devon Wylie in his first season in the CFL although the coaches didn't play him much. When they did, he played well. I hope we don't release him. Pretty sure he'd come back to bite us, and wouldn't be surprised to see the Ticats interested especially if Brandon Banks walks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    I am still scratching my head on why the brain trust went all in on the DW trade, then 2 weeks bailed on the season by releasing their receiving corps? You either blow the bank and go for broke, or start to play the players that you think provide the most upside in future.

I liked what I saw from Devon Wylie in his first season in the CFL although the coaches didn't play him much. When they did, he played well. I hope we don't release him. Pretty sure he'd come back to bite us, and wouldn't be surprised to see the Ticats interested especially if Brandon Banks walks.
    I liked Wylie too. The only negative from him is that he seems to get into situations where he really gets hit hard. It is an art to be able to avoid some of those hits. I think the only reason they went all in on the Willy trade was due to the fact that they were hosting the Grey Cup. Absolutely a desperation move. Who knows, the first pick may turn out to be the next Jade Ettienne, and then people will have completely forgotten what the Argos gave up to get Willy. I don't see Heath who turns 30 this year having a huge long term impact in this league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Clearly you don't cut four receivers, three of them starters, unless there's a good reason to do so. We will likely never know the whole story but I assume the brass decided that keeping them would be worse overall than letting them go. I imagine it was related to off-field issues of some sort. Montreal also let two starting receivers go before the season was over; again, the real reasons will likely never be known.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Clearly you don't cut four receivers, three of them starters, unless there's a good reason to do so. We will likely never know the whole story but I assume the brass decided that keeping them would be worse overall than letting them go. I imagine it was related to off-field issues of some sort. Montreal also let two starting receivers go before the season was over; again, the real reasons will likely never be known.
    Difference being, Montreal let a 1,500 yard receiver go. The Argos receivers never put up the numbers to match the hype.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Both teams were in total disarray at that point in the season. Montreal has reset with Jim Popp's release. Like much of the end of last season Argos season, we are only speculating as to whether or not the Argos will have a reset, or continue as is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
    Thanks you! Yes as his bad attitude and huge ego has caused him to be punted from multiple teams since college.
    What would it hurt to sign him and see what he does? There are many examples of professional athletes reclaiming themselves. Sure there is a risk, but what is the downside? If he acts up, you cut him.