As Nik Lewis wraps up his on-field career, after spending most of it with Calgary, he showed up at CFL Commissioner's media event to ask about player safety on a media pass. He is also exploring whether he has any career options as a coach.

The former Calgary Stampeders receiver, who changed his aliases annually, is in the nation’s capital with an eye on making his next career move.
Although he has one year left on his CFL contract with the Montreal Alouettes, the 35-year-old was injured and used sparingly this year as part of what many saw as his farewell tour of a league in which he recently became the all-time leading receiver. While his plan is to sit down to with whomever the Alouettes hire as their head coach to discuss his future, in all likelihood he’ll move on to the media, coaching or … heck … maybe even acting.
“I grew up wanting to be a coach, not play professional football — this football life has been extra,” said the colourful Texan. “All this has helped me become a better coach.”
As an accredited media member this week, hosting podcasts for 3DownNation, Lewis showed up Friday at the commissioner’s annual state of the league news conference where he pressed Randy Ambrosie on the health of players’ brains. “I’d do media — I’ve talked to TSN as I’ve always been interested in doing different things,” said Lewis, who defied odds to dominate as a 5-foot-10, 240-lb. receiver. “Anything to expand the portfolio and keep your options open is a good thing.”
http://calgarysun.com/sports/footbal...-second-career