I don't think Maas was disrespecting Calgary's offence, as Singleton says below, but rather made a very poor emotional judgement on what the best choice would be and overestimated the chances of a quick successful stop by his defence when his team was third and four on the Calgary 13 with 1:56 to go. However, Bo Levi Mitchell's response to Singleton's honest assessment of the situation is a classic and humorous example of sports-interview doublespeak.

The only player to give an honest answer was Stamps linebacker Alex Singleton
“I thought they were disrespecting our offence,” Singleton said when asked about the decision.
“To think they could come out and stop them after we rushed for 150 yards in a half with 1:40 left was a bad call in my opinion.”
It was an opinion Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly couldn’t share, publicly at least, insisting he’d never question a coach’s decision.
Stampeders quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell rolled his eyes when asked about the botched call — effectively concurring it was idiotic, before answering with classy diplomacy.
“I should have answered the question first so (Singleton) knew how to answer it — we don’t want to comment on what they do,” Mitchell said with a chuckle, playfully elbowing his teammate before being a little more forthcoming.
“If we were in the same situation, I think I’d be surprised because they went for it on third-and-10 and thought they’d go for it again because they would put us in a situation where if they don’t get it we’re on the five-yard line against the wind and we can’t take a safety because then they’re only down by three. Hard to tell as a coach.”
Not really.
http://calgarysun.com/sports/footbal...amps-singleton