Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Having three starting receivers, Davaris Daniels, Lemar Durant and Kamar Jorden, missing from the Calgary lineup certainly showed against the Riders as the Stampeders did not score a TD and were limited to five FGS, despite Messam rushing for 127 yards.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Calgary set a CFL record for most consecutive wins against a divisional opponent (16) when it beat the Riders on the weekend.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It's possible that Calgary could end up with the three league leaders in sacks this year. Charleston Hughes and Micah Johnson are tied for first with the Argos' Victor Butler with 8 sacks currently, while Ja'Gared Davis is tied with another Argo. Shawn Lemon, as well as John Bowman, Jamaal Western, Willie Jefferson and Craig Roh, who all have seven.

Three players from the same team have ended up in the top three in sacks at the season at least once before, as the B.C. Lions’ Cameron Wake, Aaron Hunt and Brent Johnson finished atop the sack leaderboard in 2008, although Hunt’s 10 sacks had him tied for third with two other players.
    http://calgaryherald.com/sports/foot...k-leaders-list

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Bad news for Stampeder opponents as the playoffs get nearer: Jerome Messam and Kamar Jorden are healthy again and Davaris Daniels may be available as well for the weekend. However, Jorden has played only six games this year and may need more time to get rid of the rust.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    After gaining only 11 yards against the Tiger Cats, there is a question about whether Messam is 100%. Following a game missed due to injury, a bye week and the Hamilton game, Messam's once enormous lead in rushing yardage has shrunk to 15 yards over William Powell, Andrew Harris is only 37 yards behind, and former Argo Jeremiah Johnson is 54 yards back of Messam.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Terry Williams has only played in 4 games this year. However, in Calgary's last two games he gained 170 yards rushing and receiving and then 100 yards rushing and in KR. The Stampeders must have a garden where they keep growing new threats to face their opponents.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Chris Jones announcing Duron Carter will be playing both ways because "all the guys [on defence] are hurt", Bo Levi Mitchell has sent Carter a twitter message. I think Bo's right.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Calgary's special teams have played a major role in the team's success.

The Calgary club’s coverage is aided hugely by guys such as Williams and the speedy Tunde Adeleke, who whether he’s returning kicks or motoring downfield to make a tackle, has been a real eye-opener.
    “Tunde is a special player. He proves that every time he’s on the field. We plan not to miss a beat with Roy (Finch) not in there,” said Stamps special-teams coach Mark Kilam. “We’re always just trying to do our part. We have a great group of core special teams players that really try to do things right and put it out there each and every week.”
    http://calgaryherald.com/sports/foot...ver-tiger-cats

However, it broke down somewhat against in giving up a punt return TD against the Riders on Friday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Bo Levi Mitchell's poor performance against the Riders (14-27 for 136 yards before being taking out of the game following an injured shoulder) is raising questions about how healthy he is. When he says his shoulder is not hurting so bad that it would keep him off the field, you know its hurting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    After being told by Rod Pederson to shut his mouth after Bo Levi Mitchell tweeted he would throw 25 passes Duron Carter's way at DB, Bo said he won't shut up but he will eat his words.

Mitchell described how the play happened from his point of view.
    “Honestly, my first thought when it happened, so No. 7 comes around the edge and I don’t complete my throw all the way, I let it go high and I knew right away: this is either a dropped pick or a pick, because my receiver is not touching this ball. And as soon as I heard a minimal amount of the crowd go wild I knew it wasn’t our part of the crowd,” Mitchell said.
    “And I get knocked down, I turn around and I look and I just see No. 89 with the ball and I was like “oh sh*t. I knew what happened. Then my second thought was ok, just don’t let him score a touchdown, that’s all that matters right here. Don’t let him get in the end zone and as soon as I get up, spin around, run to the field, he had started…and walks into the end zone untouched. So, Duron, great pick man. Ridernation the troll tweets weren’t even fair…literally thousands.”
    Mitchell said he won’t shut his mouth as Pederson told him to do on the radio. “No. I will eat my words and that’s what I did right away I said respect to Duron for the great play after the game on Twitter.”
    http://3downnation.com/2017/10/25/le...ur-mouth-call/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Calgary is looking at giving Messam a rest now that first place is locked up and using his backups, the unrelated Terry and Dominique Williams.

“We’re looking at that part as far as how much we use (Messam) and if we’re going to give him one of the weeks (off),” said Stamps head coach Dave Dickenson. “He’s a motivated guy who wants to be in there, but that’s my job to make sure I manage that and make sure he’s healthy. We gave him a week a couple weeks ago and I thought he responded, seems to be running pretty well.”
    According to Terry Williams, it looks like Dominique Williams will be getting a crack Saturday against the Eskimos.

If that proves to be true, it will be the 27-year-old’s first crack at CFL football after signing with the Stampeders on Sept. 6. Williams spent the better part of two years on the practice rosters of the New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings before making the move north.
    Messam is often portrayed as the team’s powerful running back while Terry Williams brings the speed, but the newcomer doesn’t feel he fits either box.
    “I feel like I (bring) everything to the game,” Williams said. “Some guys are specific, while I kind of hone in on everything. Speed, agility, I’m pretty shifty but I also am physical. I like hitting, so I just play ball.”
    http://calgarysun.com/sports/footbal...ng-back-a-shot

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Calgary's loss to Edmonton reinforced the fact that their ST is hurting from the loss of Ray Finch.

The Stamps’ go-to kick returner has been out of action since Week 15 against the Montreal Alouettes when he suffered an undisclosed injury, and his team could have used him on Saturday night against the Edmonton Eskimos.
    On two separate plays, the Stampeders returners misplayed kicks and ended up giving up singles as a result.
    The first time, it was Tunde Adeleke, who has been a revelation for the Stamps all-season.
    The second, it was newcomer Dominique Williams who had a kickoff bounce behind him and into the endzone early in the third quarter.

“I didn’t love our return game, special teams, we had poor field position,” said Stampeders head coach Dave Dickenson.
    Finch’s impact on the Stampeders season can’t really be overstated.
    On Friday, Adeleke averaged 6.1 yards on his seven punt returns. So far this season, Finch has averaged 16.8 yards on his punt returns.
    Williams, meanwhile, averaged 17.8 yards on kickoff returns against the Eskimos, while Finch has averaged 26 yards per return in his 12 games this season.
    Finch appears to be getting very close to a return to the lineup, although it’s hard to say whether the Stampeders may exercise caution and rest him for next weekend’s regular season finale against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
    http://calgarysun.com/sports/footbal...y-finch-needed

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Stampeder nominees for outstanding player awards are:

Player: Alex Singleton
    Defensive: Alex Singleton*
    Canadian: Alex Singleton*
    Offensive Lineman: Ucambre Williams
    Special Teams: Roy Finch*
    Rookie: Marken Michel

I don't agree with including Singleton for Most Outstanding Canadian simply because his mother was born in Canada. The rules on this need to change IMO.

https://www.stampeders.com/2017/11/0...ward-nominees/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    The Stampeder nominees for outstanding player awards are:

I don't agree with including Singleton for Most Outstanding Canadian simply because his mother was born in Canada. The rules on this need to change IMO.

https://www.stampeders.com/2017/11/0...ward-nominees/
    I couldn't agree more. Why not make Dylan Wynn eligible too? His grandfather was Canadian. I want real Canadians only eligible for this. Either born and grew up in Canada, or at the very least played University football in Canada.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With Andrew Buckley starting for Calgary against Winnipeg and Brandon Bridge likely getting substantial playing again for the Riders against Edmonton, Canadian CFL QBs are starting to get some playing time and recognition after decades of being all but non-existent.

The 24-year-old beat out Mitchell Gale, who has CFL experience, and former NFL pivot Ricky Stanzi for the backup role to Bo Levi Mitchell coming out of training camp in 2017. He’s seen action in fives games connecting on 19-of-24 passes for 193 yards and one touchdown, including a perfect 10-for-10, 106-yard, one touchdown performance in extensive action against Hamilton in Week 6. Buckley continues to handle quarterback sneak situations for Calgary with 26 carries for 96 yards and three touchdowns.
    Buckley will become the second Canadian quarterback to start a game in 2017, joining Saskatchewan Roughriders pivot Brandon Bridge. The Riders signal caller completed 21-of-31 passes for 231 yards and three touchdowns in a 27-19 win over the Ticats in Week 13.
    Buckley will look to keep that undefeated Canuck QB record going.
    http://3downnation.com/2017/11/02/ca...season-finale/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Buckley has had a hellish first half but I do believe that he is a much better QB than he has shown tonight.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Buckley has had a hellish first half but I do believe that he is a much better QB than he has shown tonight.
    Buckley faced hellish conditions on the field and was playing with a noticeable limp for much of the time he was running the offence.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    This game showed me just how good BLM really is. I truly believe he makes his o-line look better than it is with his smarts in the pocket. Calgary could be in trouble if Messam doesn't get out of his funk. Injury has played a small part, but he hasn't been very good in the 2nd half of the season.

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    This game showed me just how good BLM really is. I truly believe he makes his o-line look better than it is with his smarts in the pocket. Calgary could be in trouble if Messam doesn't get out of his funk. Injury has played a small part, but he hasn't been very good in the 2nd half of the season.
    Eight sacks, seven turnovers. They looked completely rudderless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
    Eight sacks, seven turnovers. They looked completely rudderless.
    And I get weather was a factor, but IMO the way BLM moves ever so subtly in the pocket is a big reason that he rarely gets sacked. He is a great QB.