Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Jeff Garcia reminisces below about his first start at McMahon Stadium, having to fill the enormous shoes of Doug Flutie in front of a hometown crowd of 37,000+ in a Labour Day Classic.

https://www.stampeders.com/2018/09/01/setting-bar-high/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    WR Kamar Jorden, to whom the Argos will be forever grateful for his fumble on the Argo one yard line turned into a 109 recovery and return by Cassius Vaughn that led to the Toronto's victory in the 2017 Grey Cup game, has won the CFL's top player of the month award, a month in which he has had 20 receptions for exactly 500 yards in three games. Overall he has had a great season, being first in average yards per game (99.4), first in receptions over 30 yards (11), and second in receiving yardage with 895 yards. Great to see him bounce back from his Grey Cup fumble. Of course I would not begrudge him another such fumble against the Argos in another Grey Cup game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It's not official yet, but right after winning CFL player of the month, several sources are indicating there is concern in Calgary that WR Kamar Jorden may have suffered a major injury and may even be out for the season, following his leg being rolled over during the second quarter of the Labour Day Classic against Edmonton, causing him to leave the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Despite having a season of eligibility left with the University of Calgary Dinos, Richard Sindani made the Stampeders and has played in all ten of the teams games. When Kamar Jorden went down with an injury, Sindani replaced him and made two receptions for 43 yards, with the second being critical to the Stampeder's game winning drive.

“I think most people thought Richard would be playing for the (U of C) Dinos [this year],” said head coach Dave Dickenson. “The kid just kept working and he showed up at camp confident and has made an impression. He’s done well on special teams. And Bo (Levi Mitchell), in two very critical moments, went to a rookie – a Canadian rookie – that has only been here for one year. That was great.” ...

When star receiver Kamar Jorden left the field due to an injury, everyone in the receiver group was asked to step up and fill the large shoes that were left. For Sindani, he was ready to take what he’d learned from his locker buddy and make some plays.
    “When KJ went down, it’s like a gust of wind that just hits you in the face,” he said. “You kind of realize what the moment means and what it means to every single player on the team. It’s no secret that he’s been a menace in this league and he’s put on week in and week out and I think it means we all have to step up even more than we thought we ever had to. He’s helped my game, he’s showed me how to do it, and he’s been in the league for while so he’s a guy I listen to. It’s been pretty lucrative sitting right beside KJ.” ...

“I think I don’t let the moment get too big, I just do what I can,” Sindani said. "You never know when your opportunity is going to come, so you’ve got to be prepared 24/7. Dave has trusted me in practice and he’s trusting me in the game. So I’m just trying to return the favour and do what I’m supposed to do. But I’m very happy. Whenever you get the win and you can get into the game and play and do your thing, it makes it just that much sweeter.”
    https://www.stampeders.com/2018/09/0...ng-in-sindani/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Kamar Jorden is done for the season. Huge loss for them as they have lost their top 2 receivers in him and Eric Rogers. I wonder if Marquay McDaniel is bad mouthing him for getting hurt?

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Kamar Jorden is done for the season. Huge loss for them as they have lost their top 2 receivers in him and Eric Rogers. I wonder if Marquay McDaniel is bad mouthing him for getting hurt?

This is a real shame, very talented guy who played his ass off in the Grey Cup and handled the fallout from the game changing fumble extremely well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    When someone goes down in Calgary, such as Kamar Jorden and Eric Rogers, they always have a good replacement, testifying to the strength of their recruiting and player development.

“Truthfully, without K.J., a lot of people are talking about who’s going to ‘step up’ and all that,’’ says Calgary receiving coach Pete Costanza. “And I understand it’s the media’s job to create stories. Just as it’s the player’s job to shut out all the white noise and go about his business. Honestly, Reggie Begelton’s a guy, just like Markeith Ambles, who we believe has the talent to be a starter. I talked to the guys this week and, yes, K.J.’s having a phenomenal year but I don’t want them to think that they have to ‘step up.’ Just play. If we didn’t think you could start for us, you wouldn’t be here. So don’t try to do too much, a.k.a. ‘step up.’ Relax. Be yourself." ...

On a ridiculously-deep catching brigade that includes Jorden, DaVaris Daniels, Lemar Durant, Juwan Brescacin, Marken Michel, Richard Sindani and the convalescing Eric Rogers, getting a foothold has been difficult.
    “It’s more of a mental battle,’’ reckons Begelton of the wait time. “You can allow the situation to be difficult but you can also make it a positive. We’re in a great organization. We have a great receiving corps. We’re such a family, nobody’s selfish. At the end of the day, we don’t control what happens. Eventually, you’re going to be called upon, so always be perfecting your craft. So when you do get your opportunity, then it’s time for you to go out and perform.”
    https://www.stampeders.com/2018/09/07/next-man-up-2/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Stampeders have released National WR Michael Klukas, who had 46 catches for 731 yards with the University of Calgary in his final 2017 season there, and International DL Gary Wilkins, who had previous tryouts with the Oakland Raiders and Saskatchewan Roughriders, from their PR.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The absence of All-Star cornerback Ciante Evans against the Eskimos repeatedly hurt the Stampeders as Mike Reilly looked for and hit Eskimo receivers down the sideline again and again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Calgary's 2026 bid for the Olympics includes major renovations to the Stampeders home, McMahon Stadium, but no new stadium.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...eemed-adequate

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Former Argo National LB Cory Greenwood has signed with the Stampeders.

Greenwood has 70 games of professional experience – 22 with the Toronto Argonauts and 48 with the National Football League’s Kansas City Chiefs. Selected third overall by the Argos in the 2010 CFL draft, Greenwood instead signed with the Chiefs and played all 16 games for Kansas City in 2010, 2011 and 2012, accumulating 34 total tackles and one forced fumble.
    He signed with Toronto in 2014 and in 22 games over three seasons, he recorded 106 defensive tackles including three tackles for loss, seven special-teams tackles, three sacks, three knockdowns, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
    Greenwood signed with the Eskimos prior to the 2017 season but injured his knee in training camp and missed the entire season.
    https://www.stampeders.com/2018/09/1...actice-roster/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Calgary has signed Internationals DL Chris Casher and WR Armanti Foreman.

Casher attended training camp with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 2018 and was also briefly on the Blue Bombers’ practice roster in 2017. He also spent time with the National Football League’s Oakland Raiders and New York Giants in 2017. ...

Foreman signed with the NFL’s Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent earlier this year after playing 44 games and making 21 starts over four seasons at the University of Texas. Over his career with the Longhorns, he made 86 catches for 1,070 yards and 11 touchdowns. He added nine carries for 75 yards and one major, 21 kickoff returns for 414 yards and 11 punt returns for 68 yards. He is the twin brother of Houston Texans running back D’Onta Foreman.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Former Argo National LB Cory Greenwood has signed with the Stampeders.

Interestin' - maybe he is not a write-off due to injury concerns - or else why would he not be playing and helping a CFL team in need? I noticed that - very quietly - Gascon-Nadon had been signed by the Esks, and Fred Plesius is on the Bombers roster? All 3 of these guys are very good defensive football talents with plenty of CFL experience; I'd guess the reason they have not been playing is their former decent buck$ CFL contracts; so now they get signed for depth or play-off run experience? When they could be starting for various CFL teams. IMO - the RedBlacks ultra mediocre defence would be way better with all 3 of these guys in the line-up. Desjardins, Campbell and Thorpe are kinda clueless there IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    With all the injuries to Stampeder receivers, Canadian WR Juwan Brescacin saw plenty of action against Hamilton and had his best game in terms of stats with 109 yards on five receptions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Stampeders have placed Davaris Daniels on the six game disabled list because of a broken collarbone suffered against Hamilton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Although National QB Andrew Buckley retired before the start of the season after only two years in the league, I agree with Justin Dunk that he has left a legacy by showing that a USports QB can make it in the CFL.

http://3downnation.com/2018/09/18/an...dian-football/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Buckley definitely earned his roster spot, but he also retired on the eve of camp after a team invested two years in him. Kind of an uneven legacy I'd say.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Buckley left the CFL to go to medical school; in other words, because of a greater career opportunity that few in the CFL would bypass, not because he did not think he could be the #2 QB or he wasn't good enough for the CFL. The possibility of becoming a #1 existed, after all Masoli and Harris did not become starting QBs until their fourth year. For young USports QBs, there is a legacy there in that young QBs can see their is a role model illustrating a path to the CFL that has been without a role model for two generations.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Duvernay-Tardif is going to medical school. I get that he's got $20 million guaranteed in his pocket, but doing both can be done.