Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
The Argos have definitely signed some guys who made the team out of these FA camps. One I recall who didn't turn out too well was Claude Wroten, a huge defensive tackle who turned heads at the Florida mini-camp in 2011 and looked as if he would make a big impact with the Boatmen. I remember a play where he fought off a double-team block and made a sack or tackle for a loss using just one arm. But he was gone a few months later for reasons we can only speculate about. He's just one -- there have been others who made it. Ravi will probably remember some.
A lot of players throughout the league have come from these camps. Pretty sure Emmanuel Arceneaux, Simoni Lawrence, Orrin Thomson (good Esks lineman who got injured), Pacino Horne (?) all attended such camps. From what I've read about these camps is that some players attend it themselves while other players were personally invited by the team to attend the camp. There's definitely a lot more good players who came from these tryout camps. Usually only 1-2 make it far in TC but if they end up being an Arceneaux then it's worth it.