Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I notice the Saskatchewan Roughriders have had a ton of these throughout every corner of North America. They do have the funds with a strong fan base and merchandise sales.

They just finished having a couple last weekend in both Buffalo and Pittsburgh, and are following that with another couple this weekend in Detroit and Columbus.

The Eskimos also have a few in the northern part of the US. I find it odd that the Argos tend to schedule theirs strictly in the Southeast, which I think limits the type of player they need to find to play in the CFL.

They do have a FA tryout camp in partnership with both Saskatchewan and Winnipeg in Carlsbad, California for mid-April, but I find it funny that they don't have any in some of the big 12 hotbeds of college and high school football in the states of Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. I know it's cold, but they do have indoor bubble facilities for winter, especially if you go to an NFL or college football town. The Riders held their Buffalo tryout camp at the Bills practice facility at 1 Bills Dr. in Orchard Park. You figure the Americans who grew up near the border states, are a bit more familiar with the CFL, and know how competitive it's been throughout it's history.

Not saying the Southern US guys don't, but I've noticed some of them view it as a destination not much more desirable than the Arena League, or as equal too, because they didn't grow up having as much access to watching CFL. I've said this before, they are also not prone or experienced in playing in cooler, or downright colder weather conditions, which is what you're almost guaranteed to have in the late season and playoffs during the CFL season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    I find it odd that the Argos tend to schedule theirs strictly in the Southeast, which I think limits the type of player they need to find to play in the CFL.
    I wonder if the Argos will change the distribution of their tryout camps, if not this year as its getting late to do so, then next year under their new GM and coach.