Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm starting to wonder if the new Guru/GM Copeland had lined up has got cold feet and pulled out of any deal that was in the works. How else can this procrastination be explained? Just weird.
    Obviously IMO the original plan was to keep JB and SM on another year. But the Willy trade, the team going off the cliff, team disciple, questionable releases etc. must have woke up the ownership and Copeland was probably given his marching orders to make changes, which he obviously wasn't prepared for.
    I don't think he is going to find a proven winner to come here now. Just guys who have been dumped else where and are unwanted. They might as well go with Zimmerman and Condell now and see what they can do. The owners must be ok with the 12,000 to 15,000 attendance for now while they try to figure it out.

As far as the FA signings. I like Venable, good LBer. Maybe he can get his brother to come play for the Blue Jays. lol Jeff Findley his a good Canadian rotation type DE/DT. Jeff Mathews? don't know about that signing unless they are thinking of replacing Willy and/or Kilgore. Mathews and Condell go back a few years together. Maybe we're looking at Ray, Mathews and Fajardo on the depth chart going into the season.
    Hated to see a few guys go like Jefferson, Spencer and Dupuis. We still have a pretty good bunch of Canadians on the roster, which is hugh in the CFL. The imports can be found much more easily. Guys like Greenwood and Laing are still out there and would be nice additions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't think Copeland even knows who the next GM will be, it really seems like he's just winging it, and hasn't thought any of this through.
    I'm going to say it: It's time for Copeland to be shown the door.

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    he's obviously the 3rd string QB here ... but he sees the age of the guys in front of him are all old. better than his situation in the hammer

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the new Guru/GM Copeland had lined up has got cold feet and pulled out of any deal that was in the works. How else can this procrastination be explained? Just weird.
    Obviously IMO the original plan was to keep JB and SM on another year. But the Willy trade, the team going off the cliff, team disciple, questionable releases etc. must have woke up the ownership and Copeland was probably given his marching orders to make changes, which he obviously wasn't prepared for.
    I don't think he is going to find a proven winner to come here now. Just guys who have been dumped else where and are unwanted. They might as well go with Zimmerman and Condell now and see what they can do. The owners must be ok with the 12,000 to 15,000 attendance for now while they try to figure it out.
    I was giving Copeland the benefit of the the doubt. If a GM/coach was named by Monday, everything should have fell into place rather quickly. Maybe someone did pull out, there has to be a more reasonable explanation than Copeland has no clue, you would have to think, or I would like to think. Williams, Owens, Jackson, plus our returnees could have actually been possible! With Ray back another year, they could have fielded a decent offence.

The owners can afford terrible crowds pocketwise, perception will further hurt the brand though. I'm seeing 2017 as a right off with a newly launched 2018 campaign. Crazy thinking this in February 2017.

I was highly critical of the way Copeland treated the loyal fans last year, warning of alienation. Now it looks like a failure on team operations which will only push more away. I'm not going anywhere, but damn so frustrating.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I was giving Copeland the benefit of the the doubt. If a GM/coach was named by Monday, everything should have fell into place rather quickly. Maybe someone did pull out, there has to be a more reasonable explanation than Copeland has no clue, you would have to think, or I would like to think. Williams, Owens, Jackson, plus our returnees could have actually been possible! With Ray back another year, they could have fielded a decent offence.

The owners can afford terrible crowds pocketwise, perception will further hurt the brand though. I'm seeing 2017 as a right off with a newly launched 2018 campaign. Crazy thinking this in February 2017.

I was highly critical of the way Copeland treated the loyal fans last year, warning of alienation. Now it looks like a failure on team operations which will only push more away. I'm not going anywhere, but damn so frustrating.
    Can't argue with any of this.