I'm starting to wonder if the new Guru/GM Copeland had lined up has got cold feet and pulled out of any deal that was in the works. How else can this procrastination be explained? Just weird.
Obviously IMO the original plan was to keep JB and SM on another year. But the Willy trade, the team going off the cliff, team disciple, questionable releases etc. must have woke up the ownership and Copeland was probably given his marching orders to make changes, which he obviously wasn't prepared for.
I don't think he is going to find a proven winner to come here now. Just guys who have been dumped else where and are unwanted. They might as well go with Zimmerman and Condell now and see what they can do. The owners must be ok with the 12,000 to 15,000 attendance for now while they try to figure it out.

As far as the FA signings. I like Venable, good LBer. Maybe he can get his brother to come play for the Blue Jays. lol Jeff Findley his a good Canadian rotation type DE/DT. Jeff Mathews? don't know about that signing unless they are thinking of replacing Willy and/or Kilgore. Mathews and Condell go back a few years together. Maybe we're looking at Ray, Mathews and Fajardo on the depth chart going into the season.
Hated to see a few guys go like Jefferson, Spencer and Dupuis. We still have a pretty good bunch of Canadians on the roster, which is hugh in the CFL. The imports can be found much more easily. Guys like Greenwood and Laing are still out there and would be nice additions