Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Regardless of what one thinks of JM/SM, it is impossible not to be even more disappointed by the lackluster performance of Copeland. Other than introducing the tailgating(if it was his idea), it is difficult to think of anything that he has done successfully during his time with the organization. He had ample time to review the organizational structure and decide who should occupy the positions but he has appeared to dither away the opportunity to be ahead of the other teams and now we are well behind them. No matter how strongly one can argument for getting rid of JM/SM, it would seem that a much stronger argument could be put forth for firing Copeland. Maybe he will surprise us all and pull this mess out of the fire but based on his past performance, that appears to be highly unlikely.
    Couldn't agree more.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Regardless of what one thinks of JM/SM, it is impossible not to be even more disappointed by the lackluster performance of Copeland. Other than introducing the tailgating(if it was his idea), it is difficult to think of anything that he has done successfully during his time with the organization. He had ample time to review the organizational structure and decide who should occupy the positions but he has appeared to dither away the opportunity to be ahead of the other teams and now we are well behind them. No matter how strongly one can argument for getting rid of JM/SM, it would seem that a much stronger argument could be put forth for firing Copeland. Maybe he will surprise us all and pull this mess out of the fire but based on his past performance, that appears to be highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    With Copeland's approach to staffing, I feel the Argos are drifting towards total indifference even among some of their hardcore fan base, which is already very small.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Let's face it -- if the Argos sign any FAs tomorrow or in the days to come, almost every CFL fan in Canada is going to be astonished. I hope it happens if for no other reason than to force all the experts on these boards to come up with plausible explanations for the impossible.
    I have no issue with Zimmerman and Condell running things. As I said, at this point, I'd like to see them as the GM and HC team.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have no issue with Zimmerman and Condell running things. As I said, at this point, I'd like to see them as the GM and HC team.
    They have a monumental selling job ahead to lure free agents to the Argonauts, I wish them well.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    They have a monumental selling job ahead to lure free agents to the Argonauts, I wish them well.
    Yes indeed. A critical off season, and here we are. What to sell? The old sales saying applies; Zimmerman will need to be able to sell "ice cubes to an Inuit."

Don't know him well enough to say whether this is possible or not, but this is a very untenable position for this young guy to be put in. It's 'seat of the pants' management & exceptionally weak. It's not just getting FA's, but what he pays for them. And this team needs 5 starters on "O" and probably another 5 on "D."

If he can sign/or re-sign 6 quality CFL'ers with past league history and experience -- then I will be rather relieved. That is until the next major challenge is met, and competently addressed, of course. There are plenty of challenges ahead.

I asked a former & current CFL staffer & executive, over the weekend, what they thought. One said that there 'never seemed to be enough time, even when we were afforded the whole amount of time. Don't know how they expect to pull this off."

The other said;

"How are those season's tickets selling in Toronto right now? Can't be good."

Ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the meaning of the phrase 'behind the 8 ball' live in action.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Yes indeed. A critical off season, and here we are. What to sell? The old sales saying applies; Zimmerman will need to be able to sell "ice cubes to an Inuit."

Don't know him well enough to say whether this is possible or not, but this is a very untenable position for this young guy to be put in. It's 'seat of the pants' management & exceptionally weak. It's not just getting FA's, but what he pays for them. And this team needs 5 starters on "O" and probably another 5 on "D."

If he can sign/or re-sign 6 quality CFL'ers with past league history and experience -- then I will be rather relieved. That is until the next major challenge is met, and competently addressed, of course. There are plenty of challenges ahead.

I asked a former & current CFL staffer & executive, over the weekend, what they thought. One said that there 'never seemed to be enough time, even when we were afforded the whole amount of time. Don't know how they expect to pull this off."

The other said;

"How are those season's tickets selling in Toronto right now? Can't be good."

Ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the meaning of the phrase 'behind the 8 ball' live in action.
    Sad part is it's self inflicted, could have taken the proactive approach and at least talked to some good young CFL minds ready to take the next step but Copeland decided the paralysis by analysis approach was more suitable and pissed away several weeks in the process.
    I have many friends who are longtime Argonaut fans and I can tell you that their contempt for how Copeland is conducting business is unanimous.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sad part is it's self inflicted, could have taken the proactive approach and at least talked to some good young CFL minds ready to take the next step but Copeland decided the paralysis by analysis approach was more suitable and pissed away several weeks in the process.
    I have many friends who are longtime Argonaut fans and I can tell you that their contempt for how Copeland is conducting business is unanimous.
    There is absolutely no excuse for this type of Management, in any business that has hopes for survival or success.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Guys, the point has been made... many times. We all wish there had been a decisive move last year to either endorse the previous management and explain how things would improve or to bring in a new GM with a vision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I have to admit that I have been wrong all along on this process. I thought that Barker and Milanovich were safe for sure once we got well into January and they are now both gone. Then I thought that they would have a new GM and head coach in place for sure by the start of free agency. At this point, I have no problem with them going with Zimmerman and Condell as the new GM and head coach duo but I really don't know where Copeland's head is at currently.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I'm with Ravi - this did NOT play out the way I expected. But here we are.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Michael Copeland will explain all on Dave Naylore's TSN1050 radio show at 7:20 this morning. I am sure the replay will be available. Let's see if Bell Media who owns both throw him lob balls, or if journalism is alive and well?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    They asked hard questions. To which there were no answers. Same old excuse this is only our second year. I don't think he has anyone lined up for GM.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Michael Clemons should have been CEO and head of football ops a year ago. He is a man with a vision and passion and understanding of what it takes to win. There is no way Copeland makes that hire because it would mean his job. Ownership needs to make this right.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    They asked hard questions. To which there were no answers. Same old excuse this is only our second year. I don't think he has anyone lined up for GM.
    Agreed. Damning evidence that he is over his head right now. President and CEO of the CFL for years but wasted 3 1/2 months talking to football people trying to figure out how to do his job. Hopeless.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    Guys, the point has been made... many times. We all wish there had been a decisive move last year to either endorse the previous management and explain how things would improve or to bring in a new GM with a vision.
    Yeap and it will be made several more times.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Big shocker there!
    Did he mention tailgating?
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeap and it will be made several more times.
    It will keep being made until good decisions start being made when it comes to the team on and off the field. Copeland speaks of a best in class franchise with a vision of being the best team in the league but does not share any of the how to get there.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Talk about lost. Brutal. They should have just kept Barker/Milanovich for another season. Copeland has to go.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It will keep being made until good decisions start being made when it comes to the team on and off the field. Copeland speaks of a best in class franchise with a vision of being the best team in the league but does not share any of the how to get there.
    He will continue to get called out and should.
    I'm afraid he doesn't share how he gets there because in truth he has no clue what he is doing which becomes more apparent with each passing day.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I have to admit that I have been wrong all along on this process. I thought that Barker and Milanovich were safe for sure once we got well into January and they are now both gone. Then I thought that they would have a new GM and head coach in place for sure by the start of free agency. At this point, I have no problem with them going with Zimmerman and Condell as the new GM and head coach duo but I really don't know where Copeland's head is at currently.
    If Ravi is starting to have doubts then you know things are doubleplusungood.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022