Level

Post Brady retained as OC

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    No problem with this. Argos have 2 very young coordinators now that also have experience. This is a good situation IMO for them to learn under a great HC.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No problem with this. Argos have 2 very young coordinators now that also have experience. This is a good situation IMO for them to learn under a great HC.
    This may appear to be a dumb question but what becomes of Tommy Condel?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Not a dumb question at all. TBD, but I really hope he stays in the org. He's a bright young mind and he stepped in when we really needed help. Someone suggested somewhere he may stay on as receivers or QB coach.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Not a dumb question at all. TBD, but I really hope he stays in the org. He's a bright young mind and he stepped in when we really needed help. Someone suggested somewhere he may stay on as receivers or QB coach.
    Is any other team looking for an OC? If not, Condell as receivers or QB coach is a possibility, but I don't see him lasting here any longer than this season.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Expected, but still a horrible move IMO. From what I've seen Brady is a poor offensive mind, who clearly became Milo 2.0 with his conservative play calling. Would have much rather have seen Condell as OC, even if Trestman has complete control over the offense.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Expected, but still a horrible move IMO. From what I've seen Brady is a poor offensive mind, who clearly became Milo 2.0 with his conservative play calling. Would have much rather have seen Condell as OC, even if Trestman has complete control over the offense.
    Trestman simply went with someone familiar to him.
    I've had concerns with Brady in the past but it is possible Milanovich tied his hands in regards to in game play calling and game planning.
    Perhaps unrealistic but was hoping Condell would somehow be involved with the O in 2017.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    We shall see. I think you are wrong. He's very young and will only get better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I've had concerns with Brady in the past but it is possible Milanovich tied his hands in regards to in game play calling and game planning.
    Perhaps unrealistic but was hoping Condell would somehow be involved with the O in 2017.
    I was hoping it would be Condell as I've not been impressed by Brady. However, I do concede that SM may have tied his hands, thereby preventing him from showing imaginative play design.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    One of The Professor's great strengths in Montreal was his uncanny knack for calling the long ball at the right time. He'd lull the defence to sleep then lower the boom. How many times did his team beat us with the long ball? Just about every game we played?

Surely some of that mojo will rub off on Brady.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    One of The Professor's great strengths in Montreal was his uncanny knack for calling the long ball at the right time. He'd lull the defence to sleep then lower the boom. How many times did his team beat us with the long ball? Just about every game we played?

Surely some of that mojo will rub off on Brady.
    l

Hopefully Ray can still throw the long ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    And he does it with sure handed possession receivers inside. So who's our Ben Cahoon inside, and who's our Jamal Richardson up the sidelines? We need a receiver who can get up and get a ball like Gurley (or Elliott) did while he was in Toronto.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    We need a receiver who can get up and get a ball like Gurley (or Elliott) did while he was in Toronto.
    With all due respect, 600 yard receivers are a dime a dozen. I expected more from those guys. They're both very talented, but I don't believe are the hardest workers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    With all due respect, 600 yard receivers are a dime a dozen. I expected more from those guys. They're both very talented, but I don't believe are the hardest workers.
    Yes, 600 yard receivers are as bountiful as dandelions in the spring (a nice thought there for you) but I saw elite potential there. I wasn't alone. If he's a headcase, well, that takes on another dimension yes. However, mistakes are common with these young men. Like coaches, they learn/ if taught well. And if he doesn't have his buddies with him, my guess is that he has. He was one of a whole handful of problems that the Argo Coaching staff had last year, and their performance too, was lacking. And it's a good part of the reason that they're not with us anymore. Gurley showed elite potential. If not him, then get us something like him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Yes, 600 yard receivers are as bountiful as dandelions in the spring (a nice thought there for you) but I saw elite potential there. I wasn't alone. If he's a headcase, well, that takes on another dimension yes. However, mistakes are common with these young men. Like coaches, they learn/ if taught well. And if he doesn't have his buddies with him, my guess is that he has. He was one of a whole handful of problems that the Argo Coaching staff had last year, and their performance too, was lacking. And it's a good part of the reason that they're not with us anymore. Gurley showed elite potential. If not him, then get us something like him.
    I agree that Gurley can be good. His lack of effort in blocking on split screens really annoyed me (probably as big a reason as any that he is unemployed currently, and has been with about 10 organizations over the last 5 years). I also personally got sick and tired of seeing Elliott and his nonchalant one handed stabs at passes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Spencer and Shaw are tough loses but it should be remembered that Spencer came relatively unheralded and Shaw was on the PR almost all of his first year, so maybe there are productive replacements among the 14 receivers signed so far. Looking at game films and reading scouting reports, very subjectively I chose the following 7, who might turn out to be good receivers for the team next season:
    1. Posey---3rd round NFL, has good size, fast and very quick, looked very good in the final 4 games last season, played in 26 NFL games
    2. Fuller---excellent size, very athletic, could be outstanding if he can stay injury free
    3. Wylie---4th round NFL, small but very fast, runs excellent routes, was underused last year but effective when called upon
    4. Jones---big, strong and fast, plays aggressively, was impressive as a rookie in final 4 games last season, has huge upside
    5. Worthy--small but very fast and athletic, supposed to be an excellent route runner, reputation for giving 100% every play
    6. Morgan--good size, fast and elusive, has played in 21 NFL games, appears to have excellent potential
    7.Debose---7th round NFL, good size, fast and explosive, needs to stay injury free

There are others who may surprise big time, once the pads are on and training camp commences. Would have included Noel but with Jones and Coombs likely starting, it is more likely that next year will be a development year for him. However, at this point of time, as interesting an exercise this might be, it really is all an educated guess.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Spencer and Shaw are tough loses but it should be remembered that Spencer came relatively unheralded and Shaw was on the PR almost all of his first year, so maybe there are productive replacements among the 14 receivers signed so far. Looking at game films and reading scouting reports, very subjectively I chose the following 7, who might turn out to be good receivers for the team next season:
    1. Posey---3rd round NFL, has good size, fast and very quick, looked very good in the final 4 games last season, played in 26 NFL games
    2. Fuller---excellent size, very athletic, could be outstanding if he can stay injury free
    3. Wylie---4th round NFL, small but very fast, runs excellent routes, was underused last year but effective when called upon
    4. Jones---big, strong and fast, plays aggressively, was impressive as a rookie in final 4 games last season, has huge upside
    5. Worthy--small but very fast and athletic, supposed to be an excellent route runner, reputation for giving 100% every play
    6. Morgan--good size, fast and elusive, has played in 21 NFL games, appears to have excellent potential
    7.Debose---7th round NFL, good size, fast and explosive, needs to stay injury free

There are others who may surprise big time, once the pads are on and training camp commences. Would have included Noel but with Jones and Coombs likely starting, it is more likely that next year will be a development year for him. However, at this point of time, as interesting an exercise this might be, it really is all an educated guess.
    Indeed, they arrived as most American Receivers do Shatto. They grow like weeds down there. The thing is, you've got to get guys who can learn quickly, learn the league, the system, run good routes, and be a good citizen. Good coaches and good team mates can keep most guys in line. So leadership on a team becomes pivotal. I like your perspective, and pretty much agree with it. I think Debose and Worthy will be tried on special teams. And I also think that Morgan, Paden and Jacobs ought to compete. Wonder if Da'Rick Rogers finally shows this year? I'd still like more size and experience going into camp. Also, keep in mind it took Spencer and Shaw 2-3 seasons of grooming, and that is more than often the case for guys playing a timing offense. It'll take time. It usually does, and some of these guys often don't even make it past the mini camps. Some come out of shape or not completely committed.

New Fan
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    So does Trestman not call game day offense as he did in Montreal when Scott M was OC , or is he conceding that to Brady this go round?