Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
I love the enthusiasm, but it should be noted that Ricky Williams didn't exactly help the Argos kill it at the box office. If Manziel's plan was to come up here for a year to establish that he has changed his ways, then what from an Argos perspective? They don't need one and done guys to be the face of the team. That may mean one and done with fans that are only here to see that player. They had it with guys like Chad Owens, Ricky Ray and Andre Durie.
I don't necessarily think we need a face for the team or want one. That's too short sighted. What we need is a circus. Interest. If 10 people come I hopes of seeing Drake and Manziel, and only 2 come back the year after that's 2 more young fans to our game.

Will it happen? Doubtful. But tbh for anyone to say no right off the bat is a lil too short sighted and elitist. I love the game and what we need for it to do well and not be an afterthought in Toronto is something big to draw interest.

After that we need to continue what we currently have, great atmosphere, great location and field, a great schedule and hopefully a winning team. All of which we can build and continue after Manziel.

All of these would, i'd argue, make Argos a big BIG draw.

My apologies for my passion, I just get a bit excited when thinking of ways to get the team we love away from this 3rd rate team bullshit.