My first reaction to Manziel is no. I see a cancer, that will affect an entire team. I see another fiasco. The Argos sign a big name that turns into a big joke, that actually ends up harming the team more than helping. But on the other side, I see a reborn Manziel, who has realized the bright lights are gone, who hopefully has burned through most of his money, and has learned a lesson, and a desire to actually play the sport he has the talent to play. He has talent, and a talent that is suitable to the CFL with his agility. He has a big name that could draw fairweather fans. I'm not sure I'm for it, but it sure would be interesting to watch. I'm sure, for different reasons, there were those who chuckled when Doug Flutie signed with BC, so who knows.

About neg lists, please get rid of them. They are antiquated and unnecessary due to the salary cap as someone mentioned already. They are secret but they are not and they are definitely not fan friendly, which should be the goal of the CFL, to be as fan friendly as possible. I almost wish there was some type of draft for international free agents who've never played in the CFL, but I think that wouldn't work, or maybe it would with certain rules. There must be some other way to do this besides the neg lists. Perhaps just ridding them entirely is the way to do it. But it would be nice to know that your team has the rights to a certain player, if your team actually does, instead of this para-secret neg list that's currently in place.