Thread: Free agency

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Right now the depth chart has more holes than any other CFL Team.

Our starting Left Tackle, one of the the most important positions on the team would go to Brandon Washington or Jamal Campbell.

Our starting receiver set (on paper) is;

Jeff Fuller - DiVier Posey - Devon Wylie - Brian Jones - Joe Morgan

Questions linger at QB.

Our starting RB is not durable and has never proven himself in a starting role. There is no insurance there at this time.

The Front 4 is;

Foley - Bishop - Waud - Lemon

The Linebackers;

Venable - McFadden - Gordon

The DB's;

Alfred - Sears - Gabriel - Mitchell - Berry (Rankin)

This is easily the worst alignment in the league. There is still time, and there is still recruitment and FA signings; however, there are still many question marks and even if those are optimal signings, on paper this roster will challenge to be the worst out of the gate.

Still no coach, and no still no GM. Still no direction or plan. How many seasons tickets will be sold this year?
    Where do you keep coming up with the notion that Coombs isn't durable? He's played in 35 of 36 games the last 2 years. You really need to take a chill on the February roster of this team. I get what the optics are at this point, but it's still a long way to the season opener.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Where do you keep coming up with the notion that Coombs isn't durable? He's played in 35 of 36 games the last 2 years. You really need to take a chill on the February roster of this team. I get what the optics are at this point, but it's still a long way to the season opener.
    I really don't need to do anything my friend, but i appreciate the advice. Just as I am sure you'll appreciate that I have discounted it. Coombs needs insurance, and everyone knows it. He's proved nothing. As i have stated, things can change. And as I have stated, they will need to. I am not selling secrets in church. The look post free agency is of concern and reeks of discord. Hoping for a better look in March. Sorry to alarm you with that jarring depth chart. I know, it rattled me a bunch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really don't need to do anything my friend, but i appreciate the advice. Just as I am sure you'll appreciate that I have discounted it. Coombs needs insurance, and everyone knows it. He's proved nothing. As i have stated, things can change. And as I have stated, they will need to. I am not selling secrets in church. The look post free agency is of concern and reeks of discord. Hoping for a better look in March. Sorry to alarm you with that jarring depth chart. I know, it rattled me a bunch.
    All fine and dandy, but you failed to address the first part of my response. How is it that you call a player that has missed 1 game in 2 years as injury prone?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not durable were the words I used. Undersized and probable to injury. Not 'injury prone.' Although he has missed substantial time, even in a part time role. (torn labrum and a season ending knee surgery). He's only been in the league for 3 seasons. I didn't say don't start him. I said "not durable and hasn't proven himself" as a starter. He needs a solid American there to help ease the load and the pounding. If you don't believe me, fine. We can watch it unfold, should they go that direction.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not a big fan of the idea of Coombs being the starting running back (let's be honest he may not be, as it's all dependent on the new gm and coach anyways), I'd rather see a bigger back that can "carry the load" so to speak, and IMO Coombs fits into that "scatback" category.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Right now the depth chart has more holes than any other CFL Team.

Our starting Left Tackle, one of the the most important positions on the team would go to Brandon Washington or Jamal Campbell.

Our starting receiver set (on paper) is;

Jeff Fuller - DiVier Posey - Devon Wylie - Brian Jones - Joe Morgan

Questions linger at QB.

Our starting RB is not durable and has never proven himself in a starting role. There is no insurance there at this time.

The Front 4 is;

Foley - Bishop - Waud - Lemon

The Linebackers;

Venable - McFadden - Gordon

The DB's;

Alfred - Sears - Gabriel - Mitchell - Berry (Rankin)

This is easily the worst alignment in the league. There is still time, and there is still recruitment and FA signings; however, there are still many question marks and even if those are optimal signings, on paper this roster will challenge to be the worst out of the gate.

Still no coach, and no still no GM. Still no direction or plan. How many seasons tickets will be sold this year?
    Yeesh, that's not a good lineup at all.
    Got nothing at receiver currently, our Oline isn't very good, QB's: I'm not even going to bother, nothing at runningback, Lemon and Waud (who's only shown potential at this point) are our only good DL. Venable was a good pickup, but I'd much rather see Greenwood and Sears at mike and sam (McFadden isn't very good IMO, and Gordon is slow and terrible at coverage, again IMO). Gabriel is the only player good enough to be a starter in our secondary IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    The lineup does look thin but there are some intriguing players who might just make the grade:
    WR-Debose was NFL 7th round draft choice, has good size and is good speed
    -Worthy is small but has Diontae Spencer type speed and excelled as KR in school
    DE-Butler was NFL 4th round draft choice but is a tweener for NFL not really a DE or LB Could be a very good DE in CFL
    LB-Nealy has an excellent college record but is also undersized for NFL could be a fit for the CFL
    DB-Sweeting had great senior year at Georgia, is very fast and intelligent. A bit light for NFL but might do really well on the larger CFL field

Who knows if any of the above will make good CFL players but they all have the potential so perhaps they may help the team

;

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Rutley re-upped with the Als. Maybe they will grab the "man of steele" after all? Running out of options for CFL groomed RB's. Or is it "Funky Cold Melena" time in T.O?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Rutley looked impressive at times in limited action and would have given the Argos a quality RB. I agree the Argos have few choices left among the quality experienced CFL RBs. Of those left Anthony Allen would be my first choice, followed by Shakir Bell.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Kendall Hunter's 49'ers game reel. lf he's healthy, may have found our back. Doesn't show blocking abilities however. I'd still sign Steele or someone to play teams and back him up blocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA49BKXLJd4