Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I think you figured it out Wobbler, let the other teams overpay and make the mistakes then sign the remaining guys at a reasonable price.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not (the tone on here is tough to read these days, but you're usually a straight shooter), but it wouldn't be the worst strategy to not go over any value you have placed on any players. Anthony Allen (my personal choice) or Shakir Bell could end up being a huge steal.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not (the tone on here is tough to read these days, but you're usually a straight shooter), but it wouldn't be the worst strategy to not go over any value you have placed on any players. Anthony Allen (my personal choice) or Shakir Bell could end up being a huge steal.
    Both these guys would be good signings, especially since we are in a buyers market now. I could see both Bell and AA signing here, and be solid players. no sense paying up for a RB. You want to pay up for QBs, Rush Ends, and Cdn OLine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    A few days ago would have been complete sarcasm Angelo, but TBH there is merit to this strategy.
    Still some useful players out there that could help the Argonauts at a sensible cost so hoping for some more Argo signings this week.
    Still aggravated at Copeland for what is going on but hoping he pulls a rabbit out of his ass and makes a good GM hire.
    Realistically 2017 will be a rebuilding year so let's hope for some entertaining spirited play by a good batch of recruits leading to better more sustainable success in the future, once this process starts Toronto will once again become an attractive destination for many players.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    A few days ago would have been complete sarcasm Angelo, but TBH there is merit to this strategy.
    Still some useful players out there that could help the Argonauts at a sensible cost so hoping for some more Argo signings this week.
    Still aggravated at Copeland for what is going on but hoping he pulls a rabbit out of his ass and makes a good GM hire.
    Realistically 2017 will be a rebuilding year so let's hope for some entertaining spirited play by a good batch of recruits leading to better more sustainable success in the future, once this process starts Toronto will once again become an attractive destination for many players.
    Front office aside, I fondly remember 1987 when prior to the start of the season, the Argos were thought to be a team that was going to really struggle. They went into the season with a QB that had a tough time sticking on any roster in Danny Barrett, and a rooking in John Congemi. Nobody had ever heard of Gil Fenerty going into the season, and a receiving core of Darryl K Smith, who had only played half a season prior. 2nd year player Ken Joiner who had a decent rookie season in 86, but nothing special. Journeyman Dwight Edwards and Jeff Smith. On defence they had a good line, and 2 proven LB's in Don Moen and Willie Pless. Tank Landry joined them mid season. Secondary had Darnell Clash and rookie Reggie Pleasant at CB. CFL rookies Selwyn Drain and Doran Major at HB and Jake Vaughan at safety. Nobody expected anything from that team. But the rookies played really great and the team surprised.

Point being, it's only February, and everyone is writing the season off already.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Front office aside, I fondly remember 1987 when prior to the start of the season, the Argos were thought to be a team that was going to really struggle. They went into the season with a QB that had a tough time sticking on any roster in Danny Barrett, and a rooking in John Congemi. Nobody had ever heard of Gil Fenerty going into the season, and a receiving core of Darryl K Smith, who had only played half a season prior. 2nd year player Ken Joiner who had a decent rookie season in 86, but nothing special. Journeyman Dwight Edwards and Jeff Smith. On defence they had a good line, and 2 proven LB's in Don Moen and Willie Pless. Tank Landry joined them mid season. Secondary had Darnell Clash and rookie Reggie Pleasant at CB. CFL rookies Selwyn Drain and Doran Major at HB and Jake Vaughan at safety. Nobody expected anything from that team. But the rookies played really great and the team surprised.

Point being, it's only February, and everyone is writing the season off already.
    Fair points Angelo, at this point I hope they make Condell the HC and start preparing for 2017.
    Attitude and desire can change a team's fortunes fairly quickly.
    BTW still don't care for Jerry Kauric.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Solid example, and you are certainly not wrong. I loved that season. Very exciting and yes, the season isn't played in the off season. Asking and hoping for more is not a sin either. I'd rather not bank on the unknown personally. Calgary and Ottawa are becoming the programs that I desire to see implemented in Toronto, and players love playing in both places. They retain a good deal of their talent, or have talent that desires to join up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Fair points Angelo, at this point I hope they make Condell the HC and start preparing for 2017.
    Attitude and desire can change a team's fortunes fairly quickly.
    BTW still don't care for Jerry Kauric.
    I'm with you on all those points. I really hope the plan right now is for Condell to be the HC/Director of player personnel, and he helps find a GM that can work with him. Don't think that's the actual plan, but they can definitely do worse.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Argos have signed receiver Khalil Paden from Ottawa. He's been stuck behind the "Big 4," so I'm interested to see what he can do with what presumably will be an expanded role.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    FANTUZ, BELL STILL AVAILABLE AMONG CFL.CA’S TOP 30 FA:

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/01/19/cfl-cas...g-free-agents/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    FANTUZ, BELL STILL AVAILABLE AMONG CFL.CA’S TOP 30 FA:

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/01/19/cfl-cas...g-free-agents/
    I've heard Fantuz may be out until October or even November, so I would take a pass on him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I like the Paden signing. Interested to see if he can get full time reps and what he can do with them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Argos have signed International WR Khalil Paden.

The six-foot-one, 180-pounder signs in Toronto after spending parts of the last three seasons with the Ottawa Redblacks. He appeared in 19 regular season games, catching 39 passes for 626 yards and a touchdown.
    Prior to signing with the Redblacks in 2015, the 26-year-old spent time with the Calgary Stampeders, the Arena Football League’s Orlando Predators and the United Football League’s Sacramento Mountain Lions.

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/21/ar...-khalil-paden/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    The Argos have signed receiver Khalil Paden from Ottawa. He's been stuck behind the "Big 4," so I'm interested to see what he can do with what presumably will be an expanded role.
    I expect he'll be hungry. Ottawa kept him around pretty much since inception, despite the wealth of receiver talent on hand. He's 27, in his prime, a former track star and has over 600 yards experience in the CFL. Could be helpful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    I like the Paden signing. Interested to see if he can get full time reps and what he can do with them.

Decent signing for TC competition i guess; but he was pretty average to unimpressive with Ottawa IMO; some of the new import signings have more potential IMO; and i hope Noel doesn't get written off as back-up only with an urge to pencil-in mostly imports for the receiving corps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I've heard Fantuz may be out until October or even November, so I would take a pass on him.
    Fantuz coming back healthy for a late Ticat season run could be huge for them. Cant see him signing anywhere else.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Even I had low expectations heading into that season and it turned out to be one of the most memorable seasons in which I have followed the Argos. Terrific example, AV!
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Read into this what you will:

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Fantuz coming back healthy for a late Ticat season run could be huge for them. Cant see him signing anywhere else.
    If the price was right I would sign him and have him work with Brian Jones, and then join the team for the late Argo run.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    If the price was right I would sign him and have him work with Brian Jones, and then join the team for the late Argo run.

Yeah - maybe that could make some sense - Fantuz as a receiver tutor/coach and then available (sounds like he will not be ready till mid-season sort of?) late in the year for the big Argo play-off run ;o) He would want to stay in S-Ontario? We can only hope Jones could pan-out near Fantuz level as a CFL receiver; but he is not really the same style - more of a big, bruising receiver in a Ray Elgaard/DiPietro mold? - if Jones could have close to the superb hands, catching radius, good route running of Fantuz the Argos would have a top notch CFL slot for years to come. Maybe?