Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
How O'Shea and co. there view Darvin Adams as a better receiver talent than Gurley is wayyyy beyond me; maybe Adams is a good team guy and has a low cost contract, but he is an average receiver talent at best IMO ? They brought back Clarence Denmark last year, and he's a decent vet (a sort of poor man's Marquay McDaniel), but they need better receiver talent aside from Dressler. They might be wise to use one of their top draft picks on one of the pretty good receiver prospects coming up (Vandervoort, Behar, Picton or maybe Simonise (if he does not look like he will stick with the Bengals?) and give that kid a real shot to play = they might find another Joe Poplawski.
For me, Adams is #3-#4 receiver who has had his moments in the sun. I would rank Denmark and Gurley as significantly superior. However, having paid big bucks to keep Nichols and sign Okpalaugo and with GM Walters indicating they don't have the money to go after more top free agents, they wanted to lock in Adams early so they didn't have to go looking for a replacement if he signed elsewhere.