Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
That wasn't Dunk, but rather John Hodge - one of the regular contributors on that site.

Some of his picks make good sense, but others are kinda nonsense IMO - but it's the CFL draft we're talking here and all sorts of bizzarre or whacky stuff happens there.

Bummers are super well positioned this draft: I could see them going with a top DT prospect like Luke 1st overall maybe, but at # 6 they should still be able to get one of the blue-chip MLB prospects (either Jerome Herdman or Mulumba-T (Maine) - to address a big hole at MLB ther). Luke in the mix at DT along with vet Jake Thomas and last year's pick Rupert Butcher should allow them to rotate those guys on the D-line for at least one Canadian at DT; they already have Westerman (backed by Corney) at one NI DE spot; Loffler at safety; and a NI starting MLB (between the draft pick or Thomas Miles or several other Canadian LBs on their roster) = they could easily roll with 4 or even 5 NI starters on D = probably not going to happen though. ;o)

Highly doubt the Riders will use 2nd overall on Mason Woods - who is massive and has significant NCAA Div I starting experience at guard - but he is not going to be a CFL OT and the Riders already have plenty of NIs to compete at interior O-line. Ego-Jones should pick a DT to go with Gaydosh = he probably won't - makes too much sense. ;o)

Vandervoort - local guy and seeming great receiver prospect to the Ticats - with Fantuz injured and aging = makes too much sense = probably won't happen. ;o)

Wally and BC have real good draft position too with #s 3, 7 & 16 - but i have no clue what Squinty will be thinking there - maybe some more NI O-line and receiver depth when he could be going for DT & DE players where they have need and where there are good crops = makes too much sense. ;o)

Argos take Boateng? - maybe, makes some sense as they need NI D talent and particularly on the D-line i guess with Foley gone, but rather see them go DT - a guy who could platoon with Waud at a starting DT spot (Ekakitie or Vaughn or Narkaj); no way in hell a rookie Canadian DE out of CIS ball plays much right away with Jimmy P & Chamblin there. Too much sense to go with needed Canadian talent on D = probably use the 1st pick on a depth O-lineman or an H-back to replace Dupuis (Jimmy P used 11th overall last year to draft RB Wayne Moore out of Mac - guy will get zero shot to play tailback in the CFL and the Als barely use a fullback/H-back anyways - IMO a laughable to embarassing draft pick).

Who knows. Maybe the Professor and Jimmy P talk to Squinty, Ego or GOB and make a little trade? (; Have you ever written a cartoon series in your life?