Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Perrett here, and either asking Van Zeyl to restructure his reported deal or just release him. I suppose one concern with Perrett is his age and he would end up becoming 2017 version of the Josh Bourke experiment.

As for Popp, my biggest concerns are that he failed to replace AC, and we badly need a top end starter now, or at the latest 2018. Ray, Willy and Matthews are not a top end QB stable IMO. Already seeing the Manziel talk ramp up again, and we do have Baker Mayfield on our neg list (If people haven't noticed - I really want Mayfield in double blue lol). I suppose another issue is that the Als went very veteran heavy, and reportedly had issues with the cap in 2016. Also IMO Cahoon and the all star Offensive line were never replaced either. In saying all that, considering Copeland was looking NFL only, I'm not opposed to Popp now, still not crazy about it, but I'd rather have someone with CFL experience up top, who would know who to hire and bring than an CFL newbie with NFL only experience.
Poop to pursue Manziel for Argo QB? Would make Poop sense - all-american hero name to the rescue. Start planning the GC parade now if this comes to pass and Johnny Football sure to insure Argo sell-outs.