NC Bill Proposes Parents have Final Say Whether Children Play After Sports Concussion

A North Carolina proposed bill would give parents final decision on whether their children would be allowed to re-enter a game after having concussion symptoms.
New England Patriot defensive end Chris Long's response: "Any parent that wants to bypass concussion protocols at the high school level should be banned from games."

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/v...70301/textview

My experience in minor hockey does not give me much confidence in some parents' judgement with regard to concussions. When hitting was reintroduced for 11 years in hockey in British Columbia despite my showing a CBC documentary that showed the research study saying that it would not increase injury risk actually showed it quadrupled injury risk and that the entire Canadian minor hockey safety committee had resigned in protest, including a doctor with 25 years service on the committee, other parents simply ignored the evidence. Hitting had been banned for under 14s for over a decade because of the injury risk. When the coach showed a video of Don Cherry's Greatest Hits video in preparation for the next season when eleven year olds would be allowed to hit, I was the only one who withdrew my son from the team. I then placed him in competitive swimming.