Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    1. I'd like to see the event not downtown but perhaps something more midtown like Brickworks or Aga Kahn or Carlu.
    2. Opportunity to pick up season tickets depending date of event
    3. Perhaps some polling questions where the group could answer using an app on their phones.
    4. A presentation on the 1, 2 & 5 year plan for the franchise.
    5. An opportunity to bring friend to influence getting seasons.
    6. Ability to submit inquiries read out by a moderator like Hogan or Landry ahead of the event. .
    7. Any details on a team app for phone platforms.
    8. News on benefit enhancements planned for STHs.
    9. Streaming of event for those that can't make it with ability to post online questions.
    10. Twitter feed of the event.
    11.A vimeo or youtube video of event accessable post event.
    12. reveal of new merch.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    1. I'd like to see the event not downtown but perhaps something more midtown like Brickworks or Aga Kahn or Carlu.
    3. Perhaps some polling questions where the group could answer using an app on their phones.
    6. Ability to submit inquiries read out by a moderator like Hogan or Landry ahead of the event. .
    9. Streaming of event for those that can't make it with ability to post online questions.
    12. reveal of new merch.
    All good suggestions
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    12. reveal of new merch.
    Great Idea's...add...
    13. Bring Back T-Bone
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Please invite Mayor John Tory to the event. He is currently getting it in the neck for omitting the Argonauts on his Tweet today on Toronto sports franchises. A former Commissioner of the CFL an a strong supporter of the Argos and the league.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Instagram advertising. I'm sure we'll see it closer to the season. If not I'd be surprises. The audience they are targeting spend a hella lotta time on instagram. Myself included. Make it like an open house for potential fans?

New Fan
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Level
    Where do the Argos play? Aren't we talking about season ticket holders? We travel to all the games downtown so it must be convenient enough to everyone. Vaughn is way the hell out of my way and I live in Durham . Would much rather travel to downtown. I can drive or take Go train.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by quarterback13 View Post
    Where do the Argos play? Aren't we talking about season ticket holders? We travel to all the games downtown so it must be convenient enough to everyone. Vaughn is way the hell out of my way and I live in Durham . Would much rather travel to downtown. I can drive or take Go train.
    Welcome on board. I agree playing downtown is better for most fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Agreed, I think they are playing in a great location.
    I travel by GO to the games from 45-60 minutes west of Toronto and have no issue doing so.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Seems to me that only 1 member has a problem going downtown. I live north of the city and prefer the Argos being downtown. People complain the Argos are treated as they are irrelevant. Move them out of downtown, and IMO they will become just that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Working with a firm like influitive would also help. They do an amazing job keeping me engaged over my ecobee thermostat which really just hangs on my wall and simply does it's thing.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Seems to me that only 1 member has a problem going downtown. I live north of the city and prefer the Argos being downtown. People complain the Argos are treated as they are irrelevant. Move them out of downtown, and IMO they will become just that.
    Moving them out of the downtown core, IMO, would be yielding to the snarky CFL haters in Toronto.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just because only one person is speaking up doesn't mean that they're the only one that has issues with it. Feedback was requested so I provided ours. Unfortunately with our work schedules we just can't get downtown on a weekday unless the event starts after 8:30 or we take a vacation day.

Still trying to figure out why it's okay to have Fan Day outside of downtown but not the Town Hall?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Just because only one person is speaking up doesn't mean that they're the only one that has issues with it. Feedback was requested so I provided ours. Unfortunately with our work schedules we just can't get downtown on a weekday unless the event starts after 8:30 or we take a vacation day.

Still trying to figure out why it's okay to have Fan Day outside of downtown but not the Town Hall?

Problem is that you are really coming across as a huge whiner here. You are only looking at things from your own personal perspective. Regarding fan day, I'm sure if there was a good place to have it downtown, they would. It can't happen at BMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Problem is that you are really coming across as a huge whiner here. You are only looking at things from your own personal perspective. Regarding fan day, I'm sure if there was a good place to have it downtown, they would. It can't happen at BMO.
    do it at downsview, they have the practice facility there.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    So they ask for feedback, I give feedback. A discussion ensues and that makes me a whiner? Who's perspective am I supposed to give? I was under the impression that they were asking each of us to give our own personal perspective. Has Fan Day ever been downtown? I certainly can't remember it being downtown.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this Forum. Of all the numerous Forums that I participate in this one is just warped. People complain and attack Posters for offering a free Argos Jersey. People complain about quoting your own post. People say it's whining when you respond to a request for feedback. This place is just messed up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    So they ask for feedback, I give feedback. A discussion ensues and that makes me a whiner? Who's perspective am I supposed to give? I was under the impression that they were asking each of us to give our own personal perspective. Has Fan Day ever been downtown? I certainly can't remember it being downtown.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this Forum. Of all the numerous Forums that I participate in this one is just warped. People complain and attack Posters for offering a free Argos Jersey. People complain about quoting your own post. People say it's whining when you respond to a request for feedback. This place is just messed up.
    I find this place to be much better than the cfl.ca forums...

Anyhow it would be much appreciated if people would keep the complaining and user bashing out of this thread...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    There have been a number of cogent, well thought out posts regarding the upcoming Town Hall, especially from Matthew and SnowRogue, who have both made some excellent suggestions. Hopefully Jamie Dykstra will take at least some, if not all of their suggestions under serious consideration.

Regardless of location, a prompt announcement of date and perhaps time would be particularly helpful, as we all plan are calendars well in advance.

As for location, arguments for both downtown and suburban locations have been well presented (sometimes quite strongly) but since the overwhelming percentage of fans coming to this event, will in all likelihood be driving, it probably does make more sense to go for a suburban location with good access from major highways.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    There have been a number of cogent, well thought out posts regarding the upcoming Town Hall, especially from Matthew and SnowRogue, who have both made some excellent suggestions. Hopefully Jamie Dykstra will take at least some, if not all of their suggestions under serious consideration.

Regardless of location, a prompt announcement of date and perhaps time would be particularly helpful, as we all plan are calendars well in advance.

As for location, arguments for both downtown and suburban locations have been well presented (sometimes quite strongly) but since the overwhelming percentage of fans coming to this event, will in all likelihood be driving, it probably does make more sense to go for a suburban location with good access from major highways.
    Anyone know if the parking lot is still beside Gretzky's and Second City? I haven't been there in 4 years. I know SC can hold a couple hundred of us, based on the times I went in 2010 and 2013.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

You gave your feedback. I had no problem with that. It's your constant desire to always get in the last word that bothers me.

And for the record it was me that you are referring to with the jersey thing. Amazing the slant that you put on things. I never had a problem with that. It was the way he slagged the Argos management in the process and finished with mentioning he buys Ti-Cats tickets anyways, and not Argos tickets. It was an obvious troll job, but he used the jersey to make it look otherwise.

New Fan
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 48

Level
    Nostalgic theme game bringing back theuniforms from 70's