Reply to Thread
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Chamblin to be DC, Brady re-hired as OC

News link.

Chamblin will also be assistant HC and the DB coach. I wonder if he's wearing multiple hats out of desire or necessity?

With the same OC, the same QB, and mostly the same OL, our offense is looking pretty similar so far.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    News link.

Chamblin will also be assistant HC and the DB coach. I wonder if he's wearing multiple hats out of desire or necessity?

With the same OC, the same QB, and mostly the same OL, our offense is looking pretty similar so far.
    What an amazing, brilliant, sharp & imaginative/innovative duo to have as OC & DC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Smh.
    While Stubler didn't deserve to come back for 2017, in what world is Chamblin a better DC ? He's been terrible anytime he's had control over the defense. At least Younger is no longer the db coach.

As for Brady: One those guys who IMO proves that it's more important who you know as opposed to what you know.

Trestman getting off on the right foot to start. /sarcasm

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Smh.
    While Stubler didn't deserve to come back for 2017, in what world is Chamblin a better DC ? He's been terrible anytime he's had control over the defense. At least Younger is no longer the db coach.

As for Brady: One those guys who IMO proves that it's more important who you know as opposed to what you know.

Trestman getting off on the right foot to start. /sarcasm
    So you don't think coaches can improve? They are both very young in terms of coaches. I think they will both do very well under Trestman.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    So you don't think coaches can improve? They are both very young in terms of coaches. I think they will both do very well under Trestman.
    It'll be an interesting case study on Coaches and how much better the master is, than the protege (Milanovich). Potentially very telling.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Jamie Elizondo improved.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Coaches can improve, just like players. In fact, some coaches, such as Ron Lancaster, readily admit that they improved greatly over time. However, I've not seen much improvement in Brady or Chamblin in their on field product.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Jamie Elizondo improved.
    A great example, Paul, as Elizondo was much-maligned on this forum.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    A great example, Paul, as Elizondo was much-maligned on this forum.
    Jason Maas. That's what Coaching is; improving and adjusting, and then motivating. It's a constant state of improvement. The only Coaches that get worse are the ones that are in a deteriorating situation. Even a good coach like Milanovich for example was sliding. Think of all that experience. These guys will be fine. You can't tell me that Chamblin doesn't want a hard hitting, fast, physical defense or Brady and Trestman won't find a way to score lots of points. No way man.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Jason Maas. That's what Coaching is; improving and adjusting, and then motivating. It's a constant state of improvement. The only Coaches that get worse are the ones that are in a deteriorating situation. Even a good coach like Milanovich for example was sliding. Think of all that experience. These guys will be fine. You can't tell me that Chamblin doesn't want a hard hitting, fast, physical defense or Brady and Trestman won't find a way to score lots of points. No way man.
    I have zero concern about us being able to score points this season, unless there are long-lasting injuries to key offensive personnel. As for our defence, either it will be successful, in which case we should win a lot of games, or it won't be, in which case we should be in a lot of high-scoring games. Either way, should be fun.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Can they ? Yes, but Chamblin was worse in Sask than he was in Hamilton (which says a lot because his defence was horrible in Hamilton), and Brady regressed under Milanoich, got more conservative overtime here in Toronto. Also, keep in mind that Trestman will most likely have full control over the offence, so if it does improve, I highly doub it'll be becuase of Brady.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Jamie Elizondo improved.
    Maybe to a degree I suppose, but having Ottawa's talented offense sure helped. It was bad to inconsistent at times as well, and in truth it's was still a checkdown/swing pass heavy offense. Time will tell with Elizondo I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    Maas is a very good coach IMO. He coaches to win the game, is very aggressive (runs the Trestman base, but put it on steroids), has very high standards for his team.

Chamblin defense is known for a lot of zone play, not really what I'd call hard hitting, fast, and physical, but maybe he's learned some things sitting at home or being on the Steelers sidelines. Trestman needs to keep Chamblin ego in check as well IMO.