Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You gave your feedback. I had no problem with that. It's your constant desire to always get in the last word that bothers me.

And for the record it was me that you are referring to with the jersey thing. Amazing the slant that you put on things. I never had a problem with that. It was the way he slagged the Argos management in the process and finished with mentioning he buys Ti-Cats tickets anyways, and not Argos tickets. It was an obvious troll job, but he used the jersey to make it look otherwise.
    And your constant desire to personally attack people by calling them names such as "Troll" and "Whiner" bothers me.

Yes we know in your eyes the Argonauts organization is perfect and can do no wrong and no one is ever justified in criticizing anything about the organization.

And for the record the free Jersey offer was real.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    Anyone know if the parking lot is still beside Gretzky's and Second City? I haven't been there in 4 years. I know SC can hold a couple hundred of us, based on the times I went in 2010 and 2013.
    Most of those parking lots are condos now. There are still a few parking lots on Front Street near Spadina though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thank Shatto.

Location not the most important element. Content of meeting is. I had some others but this would be a good start for now. A visit from the Larry would also be appreciated. So at least we can thank him for stepping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    There have been a number of cogent, well thought out posts regarding the upcoming Town Hall, especially from Matthew and SnowRogue, who have both made some excellent suggestions. Hopefully Jamie Dykstra will take at least some, if not all of their suggestions under serious consideration.

Regardless of location, a prompt announcement of date and perhaps time would be particularly helpful, as we all plan are calendars well in advance.

As for location, arguments for both downtown and suburban locations have been well presented (sometimes quite strongly) but since the overwhelming percentage of fans coming to this event, will in all likelihood be driving, it probably does make more sense to go for a suburban location with good access from major highways.

New Fan
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thank you for all of the great ideas. We are currently trying to firm up the date. Once that is confirmed, we will let everyone know so you can save the date. But the ideas you shared here will be very valuable as we plan the event.

Thanks

Jamie

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    since the overwhelming percentage of fans coming to this event, will in all likelihood be driving, it probably does make more sense to go for a suburban location with good access from major highways.
    On what do you base this statement?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thank you, GreyDragon, for drawing to my attention, that statement should have been more clearly expressed as a perception and I recognize all perceptions are subjective by their very nature. However, the perception is based, on many informal interactions with fans and in particular STH's over the past decade. In general conversation, most indicated that they drove to games, even if it meant driving to some form of public transit. Recognizing that this is highly unscientific, it is still a reasonable basis for the perception.
    If anyone has more objective fact based data, of the percentage of fans who drive or don't drive to games, perhaps they could provide all of us with that information.
    Personal bias aside, as Matthew correctly pointed out "location is not the most important element, content of the meeting is"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thank you, GreyDragon, for drawing to my attention, that statement should have been more clearly expressed as a perception and I recognize all perceptions are subjective by their very nature. However, the perception is based, on many informal interactions with fans and in particular STH's over the past decade. In general conversation, most indicated that they drove to games, even if it meant driving to some form of public transit. Recognizing that this is highly unscientific, it is still a reasonable basis for the perception.
    If anyone has more objective fact based data, of the percentage of fans who drive or don't drive to games, perhaps they could provide all of us with that information.
    Personal bias aside, as Matthew correctly pointed out "location is not the most important element, content of the meeting is"
    It lines up with the Poll results too:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...(Revised-Poll)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    It lines up with the Poll results too:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...(Revised-Poll)
    I hardly think a poll with 66 respondents on a fan forum is particularly indicative.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
    I hardly think a poll with 66 respondents on a fan forum is particularly indicative.
    Statistically they usually use a sample size of around 1000 to get a result within a margin of error of 2%. However that's when they Poll the entire country of 35+ million.

Considering that there are currently only about 3500 Argonauts season ticket holders it's at least somewhat representative.