Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    A serious step back into the early 20th century if true.

The CFL is reverting back to an alphabet league.
    A is for Argonauts.
    R is for REDBLACKS.
    W is for Winnipeg.
    EE is for Edmonton Eskimos.

B is for boring.
    U is for unimaginative.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm sure this brilliant ownership team would have consulted with fans and long-time CFL participants or watchers (ex-players for example) before doing this.

I like the current shield. but IMO the Jason logo with the shield was better (though should not have been teal blue replacing the traditional light blue).

The old boat logos were great IMO - but let's not confuse the 2 or say they were equivalent - the older one with more detail was 10 or 100 x better than the subsequent more cartoonish one - IMO - old boat logo with "pull together" on top and Toronto inscribed at the bottom = best logo all-time in ALL sports (IMHO).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I like the current shield. but IMO the Jason logo with the shield was better (though should not have been teal blue replacing the traditional light blue).

The old boat logos were great IMO - but let's not confuse the 2 or say they were equivalent - the older one with more detail was 10 or 100 x better than the subsequent more cartoonish one - IMO - old boat logo with "pull together" on top and Toronto inscribed at the bottom = best logo all-time in ALL sports (IMHO).
    It wasn't teal blue, it was slate green.

The 1960s boat logo was beautiful, but way too busy to look good on a helmet IMO. (Possibly for that reason, it was never actually on a helmet. But a simplified version appeared around 1965 -- now that one was cartoonish.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'm sure this brilliant ownership team would have consulted with fans and long-time CFL participants or watchers (ex-players for example) before doing this.

I'm a diehard Boat Logo guy (1976-88) version, think it it one of the best logos ever in any league.
    The current shield has grown on me however the new plain A logo lacks imagination and creativity (no surprise there) and smacks of a college football team IMO.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions