Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Great panel at CFL Week in Regina.

Three generations of quarterbacking greatness – the legendary Warren Moon, the incomparable Anthony Calvillo and the dynamic Mike Reilly — join TSN’s Rod Smith on Thursday, March 23 in Regina for a panel discussion on Achieving Excellence, Overcoming Barriers sponsored by Athabasca University, a world leader in distance education.
    In addition to their incredible achievements, what might be most impressive about Moon, Calvillo and Reilly is the courage and perseverance they have displayed in overcoming the obstacles they have faced in their lives and careers.
    Moon played in the CFL and NFL for an astounding 22 years, throwing for 70,553 yards and 435 TDs. He won five straight Grey Cups with the Edmonton Eskimos from 1978 to 1983 before continuing his excellent play in the NFL, where he made the Pro Bowl nine times and was selected by his fellow players as the league’s MVP in 1990.

In a 20-year CFL career, Calvillo threw for 455 TDs and 79,816 yards, which makes him pro football’s all-time passing leader. He was a Grey Cup Champion three times, the CFL’s Most Outstanding Player three times and a CFL All Star five times.
    At age 32, Reilly is one of the top quarterbacks in today’s CFL and the only member of our trio still playing. He joined the CFL with BC in 2010 before becoming a starter in Edmonton in 2013. He has already thrown for 16,233 yards, including an astounding 5,554 yards last season, when he completed 71% of his passes. A Grey Cup Champion in 2011 and 2015, he was also the Grey Cup MVP two years ago.
    “We are tremendously excited that CFL Hall of Famer Warren Moon has accepted the invitation to join us in celebrating all things Canadian Football at Mark’s CFL Week,” said Jeffrey L. Orridge, CFL Commisisoner. “Mr. Moon has had such a noteworthy career and we look forward to having him up on stage for what will be a compelling conversation that I know fans will really appreciate and enjoy.”
    http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/17/moon-jo...arks-cfl-week/

Last edited by jerrym; 03-17-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Terry Jones argues that CFL week in Regina is likely to be "the most fan and media event ever".

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/m...83055529231154

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    While I am certain this week is going to be fun for those attending, if I have the option of using vacation days on CFL week or Grey Cup then I am picking the latter 100% of the time!
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    While I am certain this week is going to be fun for those attending, if I have the option of using vacation days on CFL week or Grey Cup then I am picking the latter 100% of the time!
    I agree with you but while Jones does go overboard about CFL week. Maybe it's the players who are getting the most out of this.
    Fifty-six of the CFL’s biggest stars began arriving in Regina on Monday for CFL Week, a festival of football with follies being a late-night option.
    The CFL is a league where there is no Pro Bowl or all-star game. There isn’t a time or place for the CFL versions of Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid to hang out together without a meaningful game involved.
    They’ve come to be interviewed, sign autographs, pose for pictures with fans and have some beers with football nuts and each other in the Fan Cave. It’s like they are a bunch of curlers in the Brier Patch. ...
    Maybe the best part of this for the fab 56 who are being flown in from all over North America is that your average CFL star doesn’t really feel like a star in the middle of March. Many are totally anonymous, living in Podunk, Iowa, with their college exploits forgotten. Playing in a foreign country, even with games on ESPN, leaves them out of sight and out of mind. And even in Canada, when hockey is peaking, fans tend to forget even the top players until they start playing again. ...“This is going to be special,” he [Chad Owens] said of the week ahead. “The league is making the players feel special. The fan engagement is on a whole new level now. And it’s even more special because it’s in Saskatchewan. ...
    “I think this week is something like an all-star week. It’s all the guys from around the league all gathering. I’m looking forward to being with players from around the league, and I’m going to love being around the fans. That’s what I’m going to like the most, is interacting with the fans,” Odell Willis said. “This is good for everybody, the coaches, the players and the fans.” ...
    Bowman said he’s glad he’s still playing so he could experience this day. “As a veteran going into my 10th year, I think it’s amazing to have an event like this now. We didn’t have anything like this in my first years in the league. I’ve heard there is going to be an amazing fan base out here. I’m very excited to see the new stadium as well. This is a tough place to come to play, but I think it’s going to be a lot of fun to just come here visiting. And I want to meet some of those receivers from Ottawa — for me, I’m still a fan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    CFL Week has led to the Vancouver Sun and Province giving one full page, and today two pages, this week at a time during the offseason when the typical coverage is a couple of short articles over the entire week. CFL coverage seems to also being increasing in other CFL cities as far as I can tell on the internet. In that sense CFL Week has been a success for the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    CFL Week has led to the Vancouver Sun and Province giving one full page, and today two pages, this week at a time during the offseason when the typical coverage is a couple of short articles over the entire week. CFL coverage seems to also being increasing in other CFL cities as far as I can tell on the internet. In that sense CFL Week has been a success for the league.
    The media has certainly given it rave reviews on Twitter.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    The media has certainly given it rave reviews on Twitter.
    Here's one of those rave reviews, entitled "Glowing reviews in inaugural CFL Week: Lions Buono among those impressed with of-season exposure of players"

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/26...-from-cfl-week

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level