Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

2017 NFL Draft

Laval's TE Antony Auclair has tested before 17 NFL scouts in preparation for the NFL draft.

The Laval Rouge et Or tight end went through his paces before 17 NFL scouts. And the native of Notre-Dame-des-Pins, in Quebec’s Beauce region, did so despite suffering a pulled hamstring roughly 10 days ago.
    Auclair said following Monday’s session he considered rescheduling the workout before deciding to go ahead with it.
    “I wanted to show I can play through an injury and be tough,” Auclair said during a telephone interview. “All the scouts knew I was injured and I think I did a good job of showing them I could play through it and the competitor I am.”
    Despite the injury, the six-foot-six, 254-pound Auclair posted a 33½-inch vertical jump and nine-foot, nine-inch broad jump — both solid indicators of explosion and lower-body strength. Auclair, 23, also registered a personal-best 22 reps in the 225-pound bench press and a respectable 40-yard dash time of 4.82 seconds given his physical condition.

“I was aiming for the high 4.6s or low 4.7s (in 40-yard dash),” Auclair said. “I’m happy but being the competitor that I am, I’m kind of disappointed with that.
    “But I have to tell myself, ‘Hey you’re injured, man.'”
    It’s been a busy year for Auclair, whose season began in May participating in Canadian university football’s East-West Bowl. He then returned to Laval, registering 17 catches for 229 yards and two TDs while also proving to be a terrific blocker in helping the Rouge et Or capture a Vanier Cup title.
    Auclair had six catches for 70 yards and a TD in Laval’s thrilling 31-26 championship win over Calgary.
    Auclair was named the second-ranked prospect for the 2017 CFL draft in December before heading to the East-West Shrine game in January in St. Petersburg, Fla. There, he spoke with 25 NFL clubs.
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/fo...at-his-pro-day
    Last edited by jerrym; 03-16-2017 at 09:05 PM.