Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos Offering tickets for Saturday's Hamilton Game

Yesterday, the Argos posted an offer for tickets behind the Argos bench for $60/each. Face value $97.00.

http://mailchi.mp/9d62db9e7ef6/hamil...7?e=60bc5ebc56

Too bad this offer came in too late for me to take advantage of the great seats at a great price. I did a lot of searching earlier in the week and bought resale tickets.

If you haven't and are looking for an opportunity to attend the game this weekend, you should grab some tickets here. Can't beat $60 for these tickets.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    There have been signs that Hamilton is having much more trouble selling tickets this year than it has since THF opened. They supposedly offered free tickets to everyone who attended the rain-delayed game. That suggests a big inventory of unsold tickets.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    the free tickets for those who attended Labour Day amounted to a scattering of seats in the upper corners only. Don't know if those were the only seats left, or the only ones that they were offering for free. I still have three tickets available behind the Argo bench. I have a total of six, but three became available, if anyone is interested. Row 8 and 9. I think 4 of my seats are row 9 and two in row 8. I'll sell them for $50 if anyone wants them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I will be there Saturday evening. Hope I will leave happy after.
    CFL alive and well all others can go to Hell!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoFan1 View Post
    the free tickets for those who attended Labour Day amounted to a scattering of seats in the upper corners only. Don't know if those were the only seats left, or the only ones that they were offering for free. I still have three tickets available behind the Argo bench. I have a total of six, but three became available, if anyone is interested. Row 8 and 9. I think 4 of my seats are row 9 and two in row 8. I'll sell them for $50 if anyone wants them.
    That's a great offer, given the seat face value is $97. Anyone thinking about attending should jump all over these.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I lamented the lack of Argo fans at Tim Hortons Field in one of the fancasts earlier this year and although the Argos sadly cannot hope to have the away support @ THF that the Ticats do @ BMO it is nice nevertheless to see the Argos making the effort.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by timlb01 View Post
    I will be there Saturday evening. Hope I will leave happy after.
    I believe that you will. Seems the Argos are still ticked about Labour Day. They won't let Hamilton steal this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    I am absolutely sure Argos will win tomorrow. I don't get this feeling of certainty very often, but when I do, it's almost always right. We're gonna solidify our grip on first place and deliver a devastating blow to the Ticats' playoff hopes.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am absolutely sure Argos will win tomorrow. I don't get this feeling of certainty very often, but when I do, it's almost always right. We're gonna solidify our grip on first place and deliver a devastating blow to the Ticats' playoff hopes.
    If the Ryan Lindley led RedBlacks lose tonight, even with a loss to the Argos the Ti-Cats would still control their own destiny to get in over Ottawa. 5 points back, 2 games in hand (both against Montreal) and 1 head to head with Ottawa still.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I just wanted to post a shout out to all of the Argo fans who made the trip to the Hammer to watch the game and cheer for the team. It obviously made an impression, as documented below by Josh Smith on 3DownNation:

Loud Argos fans
    I want to give a major hat tip to the Argos fans who travelled down for the game because were they ever loud. I get inundated with tweets about invasions by other fanbases, but I barely hear a peep out of them from where I sit in section 204. But last night, especially early, those Argos fans that were sitting in the same area that other reportedly loud invaders sit in were as loud as I have heard an opposing fan base in Hamilton. They may not be a large contingent, but they are a boisterous one and you have to respect that.

I have not yet made the trip to Hamilton to watch our team play... but that will change. But it's obvious that the fans who did go, including regular posters on this forum, made their presence known. I salute you and you deserve the respect outlined above. This core of passionate support is what will help to grow interest and a following for our team. Hopefully in the future, that contingent of fans travelling to the game will grow. I know I would like to be a part of it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    I just wanted to post a shout out to all of the Argo fans who made the trip to the Hammer to watch the game and cheer for the team. It obviously made an impression, as documented below by Josh Smith on 3DownNation:

Loud Argos fans
    I want to give a major hat tip to the Argos fans who travelled down for the game because were they ever loud. I get inundated with tweets about invasions by other fanbases, but I barely hear a peep out of them from where I sit in section 204. But last night, especially early, those Argos fans that were sitting in the same area that other reportedly loud invaders sit in were as loud as I have heard an opposing fan base in Hamilton. They may not be a large contingent, but they are a boisterous one and you have to respect that.

I have not yet made the trip to Hamilton to watch our team play... but that will change. But it's obvious that the fans who did go, including regular posters on this forum, made their presence known. I salute you and you deserve the respect outlined above. This core of passionate support is what will help to grow interest and a following for our team. Hopefully in the future, that contingent of fans travelling to the game will grow. I know I would like to be a part of it.
    I have to say the guys that came and were in the Coors Light end zone with all the Argo flags were really making some noise. Some fans looked very agitated. I enjoyed my experience and for the first time wasn't harassed to death. Good time and one exciting victory.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I have to say the guys that came and were in the Coors Light end zone with all the Argo flags were really making some noise. Some fans looked very agitated. I enjoyed my experience and for the first time wasn't harassed to death. Good time and one exciting victory.
    I was one of the ones in the Coors Light end zone...the Cats fans that were there were not friendly and gave us a ton of crap. They tried to get our flags banned, complained that our horns were too loud and from what I heard stole/ruined a bunch of stuff at half time. Glad you had a good experience...I experienced the same stuff that made me swear never to return to that stadium when we were forced there for our "home" games while still at Rogers Center. Happened to meet some decent Hamilton fans last year and stuck with them for the second half so it wasn't so bad but, apart from them, I took a lot of crap being at Saturday's game in an Argo jersey even when I was just minding my own business.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    I was one of the ones in the Coors Light end zone...the Cats fans that were there were not friendly and gave us a ton of crap. They tried to get our flags banned, complained that our horns were too loud and from what I heard stole/ruined a bunch of stuff at half time. Glad you had a good experience...I experienced the same stuff that made me swear never to return to that stadium since we forced there for our "home" games while still at Rogers Center. Happened to meet some decent Hamilton fans last year and stuck with them for the second half so it wasn't so bad but apart from them I took a lot of crap being at Saturday's game in an Argo jersey.
    Sounds like similar behaviour that caused us to stop going to Hamilton.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    I was one of the ones in the Coors Light end zone...the Cats fans that were there were not friendly and gave us a ton of crap. They tried to get our flags banned, complained that our horns were too loud and from what I heard stole/ruined a bunch of stuff at half time. Glad you had a good experience...I experienced the same stuff that made me swear never to return to that stadium when we were forced there for our "home" games while still at Rogers Center. Happened to meet some decent Hamilton fans last year and stuck with them for the second half so it wasn't so bad but, apart from them, I took a lot of crap being at Saturday's game in an Argo jersey even when I was just minding my own business.
    It is a bummer when people act like that. I have been to Hamilton many times now including those "Home" games and this is really the first time nothing has occurred. Lots of dirty looks and angry faces but that is fine. I don't like when people get into your personnel space and making things personnel. BTW I loved how all of you entered into that area... A+. I wished when I saw you guys that I brought my flag and joined in!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    It is a bummer when people act like that. I have been to Hamilton many times now including those "Home" games and this is really the first time nothing has occurred. Lots of dirty looks and angry faces but that is fine. I don't like when people get into your personnel space and making things personnel. BTW I loved how all of you entered into that area... A+. I wished when I saw you guys that I brought my flag and joined in!
    Some Hamilton people (not all) seem to think Torontonians look down on them or something. Who knew. My Grandparents generation had a couple of words they used to use for such people. "Poor Breeding".