Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    This invite was extended to Season Tocket holders.
    you are thinking of the town hall meeting that is scheduled for may.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    you are thinking of the town hall meeting that is scheduled for may.
    This was my invite "The Argos Open Mic Night you have been invited to attend is on April 12th 2017 6pm – 8pm."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    This was my invite "The Argos Open Mic Night you have been invited to attend is on April 12th 2017 6pm – 8pm."
    Cool, so they have been sending invites.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    This invite was extended to Season Tocket holders.
    If it has been, it must have been only to selected season ticket holders. I haven't received anything about an Open Mic night (which is disappointing as I missed out on the first one for this forum). I did get the town hall email but nothing about this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I am sure it was a random selection of STHs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Here is my summary of the mtg, covering many but by no means all of the points raised, in no particular order. It was attended by five Argo execs (Copeland, Moore, Popp, Dykstra and Hook) and about two dozen members of this forum.

BUSINESS STUFF

Copeland grew up as an Argo fan because of family connection. He shagged punts from the Big Zee, hung around with Symons and Gabler, and had an Argo flag (boat logo) on his bedroom wall as a kid.

The question of boat logo returning was raised. (Surprisingly it took until 1:51 into the meeting!) It won't become primary logo but will remain a secondary logo with new merchandise this year, designed and controlled by the Argos org, not the league. The shield remains the main logo on the uni (hooray!) but it is difficult to use in merch because very difficult to embroider. (Have to admit that had never occurred to me.) The new simplified A logo will also be a "campaign element" featured on merch. Mockups of new uses of these logos on merch were passed around, looked good.

The team got into BMO for the first time only about two wks before first game, and didn't get some details finalized (including big ones like goal post installation) until very close to that game. BMO mgmt. was not ready for what the Argos required. They thought Argos would have similar needs to TFC, but the needs are different. For instance BMO had only one replay machine attached to the video board (since soccer seldom needs replays). The Argos have purchased a second replay machine so we can get more replays this year.

Despite many improvements, BMO is not state of the art. No wifi yet and there is no way to give STHs a card that could be automated for merch and concession purchases.

TFC mgmt. is co-operative and helpful. TFC worked hard to ensure Argos got the schedule dates they needed this year.

There will be signage in BMO celebrating the Argos' Grey Cup championships. Mockups of new banners (similar to the old ones) were passed around.

There will be a new ticket price map in 2018, with fewer price points, less confusion and fewer instances where big price gaps are essentially side by side. Michael Hook, the new ticket mgr, seems committed to simplifying pricing.

Hypothetically, the team would rather have 25,000 fans at an average price of $50 than 16,000 fans at an average price of $90 -- the more fans in there, the better atmosphere and the more new fans can be won over.

There will be more brand ambassadors (around 20) in the building on game days. STHs will be catered to, with their own entrance and with brand ambassadors instructed to keep us happy and tend to our needs.

The org has grown recently from 14 staff to 35, so feels better equipped for the season. Last season was too much too soon; new building, Grey Cup etc., led to mistakes. Copeland accepted responsibility and promised they will have learned and will be better.

They are emphasizing group sales this season. Reaching out to minor and touch football orgs, among others.

To combat the "NFL is better" mentality of this marketplace, they plan to emphasize the accomplishments of players wherever they were before: NCAA, CIS, NFL. Show on the video board that so-and-so was a member of national championship team at Alabama or Laval, not just list the school, etc.

Tix to this year's Grey Cup in Ottawa will be made available to Argo STHs.

They are looking into getting a restaurant for post-game festivities as they used to do with Shoeless Joe's.

They would like to emulate the growth of supporter groups that TFC has had, but feel it needs to happen organically.

Re Rogers' disdain for the CFL: Copeland takes it as a challenge. He wants to force them to cover the team and be respectful by creating a winning team and a successful organization. Rather than bitch about it, prove them wrong.

There will be Argo merch at the Adidas flagship store at Queen and Yonge. But big retail chains will stock merch only if it can sell in sufficient quantities to justify the shelf space. The org needs to earn that space by developing into a team whose colours fans want to wear.

They thanked Argomania for her suggestion that a 10% discount on merch prices for STHs is not sufficient when shipping costs are factored in.

FOOTBALL STUFF

Re-signing Van Zeyl and Holmes was more important than pursuing FAs from other teams. VZ was described as "the best right tackle in the league, a cornerstone player." (There isn't much agreement in this forum for that sentiment, but for the record Popp seems to believe it.)

Copeland reiterated, with a bit more elaboration, what he said at the Popp/Trestman newser. He had to make sure Tanenbaum agreed with him that Popp was the best GM candidate, and doing so meant presenting LT with a wide range of candidates from the NFL.

Zimmerman did a great job in the interim period and is one of the best up-and-coming future GMs in the league.

2017 is not a strong draft year so they are not overly concerned with having no first-rounder. Added two new NAT starters last season in McEwen and Jones, so in good shape for young Canadians.

Popp likes Fajardo as at least the third-down QB. He noted CF is an athlete who can play on special teams as well. They will keep four QBs including at least one young one being developed. He noted that they have five guys with varying degrees of CFL experience but indicated he would like another QB. (I can't see six coming to camp, so if a kid is signed, IMO it's bye-bye to one of Kilgore, Matthews or Willy.)
    Given that 2018 Season Tickets are on sale now I felt that it was relevant to revisit what we were told at the Open Mic night.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just because they listened and nodded, never meant it was going to happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Just because they listened and nodded, never meant it was going to happen.
    It was more than that. They said that they were going to do certain things.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Well, I never left thinking they'd absolutely do anything they mentioned. I thought they were more so going to look at certain things. I never got the impression it was all set in stone.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Michael Copeland wasn't at the meeting I attended. Sara Moore was there. She did not take any notes about anything that was said by the fans in attendance. She had nothing with which to make notes, ie - laptop, pad, pen.

It was all a dog and pony show to try and make us feel like we mattered. I guess she felt she nailed the Grey Cup in 2016.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    This stuff was not listening -- this was talking:

There will be a new ticket price map in 2018, with fewer price points, less confusion and fewer instances where big price gaps are essentially side by side. Michael Hook, the new ticket mgr, seems committed to simplifying pricing.

Hypothetically, the team would rather have 25,000 fans at an average price of $50 than 16,000 fans at an average price of $90 -- the more fans in there, the better atmosphere and the more new fans can be won over.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Well, I never left thinking they'd absolutely do anything they mentioned. I thought they were more so going to look at certain things. I never got the impression it was all set in stone.
    Then we certainly left with different impressions!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    They can say one thing and do another or do nothing at all, the seating chart for when I look at the prices hasn't changed. I was expecting to see the new price points, if they want me to renew my seasons they need to be more affordable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    This stuff was not listening -- this was talking:

Exactly. This is what they told us.