Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
If Cuthbert or Miller are calling the game, and you believe they are inferior to Hogan, you are dead wrong. Hogie himself would not argue that.

If it's only because TV PBP is less descriptive, then I agree.

The likes of Miller or Cuthbert are smooth, polished vet play-by-play guys; but they don't have near the football knowledge of a Mike Hogan who is certainly a very well spoken guy on the radio. Different animals though - calling a game on TV vs. radio.

Whenever I have the chance - i will turn down the sound on the TV and gladly listen to the radio broadcast of the game while still getting to watch on TV - unless the radio play-by-play guy and/or his commentator are useless or clueless - the radio commentary is usually 10x more informative and interesting than the pablum we get to hear a lot of times on TV commentary - like Glenn Suitor and his boring, repetitive, cliched game notes; or commentary on some boring and irrelevant sidelline or crowd shot that an idiot TV producer decides to chase; and listening to a Rod Black as a main play-by-play guy who calls half the CFL games = just brutal.