Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    We'd all like Canadian QBs to succeed, they should count for ratio purposes, etc. etc.
    No disagreement here. I believe that with 44 dressed for all games, it should be an even split of 22 imports and 22 non imports (I'm going old school today and boycotting the current terminology). It just may make it beneficial to a roster under such a scenario to have a Canadian QB dressed.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    No disagreement here. I believe that with 44 dressed for all games, it should be an even split of 22 imports and 22 non imports (I'm going old school today and boycotting the current terminology). It just may make it beneficial to a roster under such a scenario to have a Canadian QB dressed.
    Of course they are, they've been doing it for years.

Ask Jamie Bone, ever since he took the league to court in the late 70s, early 80s, it's purposely gotten worse.

Quarterback is just another position in football, sure it's important, but does that mean your left tackle is any less important in protecting him. If the CFL was honest in giving Canadian QBs an opportunity, they'd reward teams who keep a Canadian at QB, (like they do for every other position) by counting them in the ratio, period.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Sensible solution Angelo, would love to see a Canadian QB given a chance to develop and establish a career in the CANADIAN Football League.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Sensible solution Angelo, would love to see a Canadian QB given a chance to develop and establish a career in the CANADIAN Football League.
    As would I. As a QB growing up, it would have been a dream come true for me to play in the league. But I also get how tough the competition is.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    QB Asher Hastings - at the CFL Combine and draftable this year; 6-2, 215 size; set a CIS single season TD passing record with Mac a couple of seasons back. His combined completion % in the past 2 seasons as the starter there is over 68 %.

NOT drafted at all last week = gee, what a shocker; while all sorts of back-up depth / long range "projects"/ special teamer only types do get drafted - each and every CFL draft. Desjardins with Ottawa - who i give credit to for using more than just 7 NI starters in a GC winning season - used a 4th round pick for the 2nd-draft in a row to take a long-snapper ??? = WTF myopia - when Ottawa has nothing/zip-o in terms of proven Canadian ball QB talent behind Trevor Harris with Burris gone now, other than aging question mark Drew Tate. Canadian QBs need not even apply for a TC look there I guess?

Point continues to be - Canadian QBs just do not get even close to regularly viewed as legit prospects to compete in a CFL TC for teams that have need at the position. I wouldn't expect a CFL team that had 3 deep CFL experienced QBs, plus a couple of young US ball excellent resume QBs on their TC roster to be looking for more QBs; but this is just not the case with most CFL teams.

Not going to change much anytime soon with continued same old GOBs making CFL personnel decisions.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    QB Asher Hastings - at the CFL Combine and draftable this year; 6-2, 215 size; set a CIS single season TD passing record with Mac a couple of seasons back. His combined completion % in the past 2 seasons as the starter there is over 68 %.

NOT drafted at all last week = gee, what a shocker; while all sorts of back-up depth / long range "projects"/ special teamer only types do get drafted - each and every CFL draft. Desjardins with Ottawa - who i give credit to for using more than just 7 NI starters in a GC winning season - used a 4th round pick for the 2nd-draft in a row to take a long-snapper ??? = WTF myopia - when Ottawa has nothing/zip-o in terms of proven Canadian ball QB talent behind Trevor Harris with Burris gone now, other than aging question mark Drew Tate. Canadian QBs need not even apply for a TC look there I guess?

Point continues to be - Canadian QBs just do not get even close to regularly viewed as legit prospects to compete in a CFL TC for teams that have need at the position. I wouldn't expect a CFL team that had 3 deep CFL experienced QBs, plus a couple of young US ball excellent resume QBs on their TC roster to be looking for more QBs; but this is just not the case with most CFL teams.

Not going to change much anytime soon with continued same old GOBs making CFL personnel decisions.
    Agreed OV, instead we see the Cody Pickett's and Dalton Bell's of the world given extended opportunities to establish themselves.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Probably the next U Sports quarter back to get a chance in the CFL would be Michael O'Connor in 2019. Noah Picton looked great in the East West Bowl but is unlikely to get a chance unless he grows 6 inches or changes his last name to Flutie:-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    Probably the next U Sports quarter back to get a chance in the CFL would be Michael O'Connor in 2019. Noah Picton looked great in the East West Bowl but is unlikely to get a chance unless he grows 6 inches or changes his last name to Flutie:-)

There's been several CIS QBs of the past decade or more who have done more than Picton plus had pro plus size - most of them got zero CFL shot. Hugo Richard looked fantastic at times last year IMO in leading Laval to another Championship - and he's not even close to Flutie small for a QB.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    If you ever wonder that happened to Adam Sinagra. As expected, as a Canadian quarterback, he was never given a chance

https://www.cfperspective.com/podcas...k-adam-sinagra

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    CFL promoting U Sports Quarter backs at the combine. My guess is only Tre Ford makes it to a CFL camp. I wonder if McMaster's Andreas Dueck is going back for one more season?

https://www.facebook.com/CFL/photos/...6178147090444/
    Last edited by j-ski; 02-18-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level