Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Another Canadian QB prospect. I wonder if anyone drafts him.

https://3downnation.com/2021/03/03/i...ns-in-the-nfl/

"(Draft-eligible Canadian quarterback) Mike Beaudry might be better than Michael O’Connor. He’s not as good as (2020 second-round draft pick) Nathan Rourke, but he can sling it."

https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/foot...-beaudry/10238

I doubt he's better than O'Connor.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Mike Beaudry has transferred to Idaho for the 2021 season. He kind of lost his starting job last year to another Canadian QB Jack Zergiotis 6'1 205 at Connecticut. But I see he did get some time at QB this pass fall completing 48% of his passes 2 TD's and 1 Int. I thought they had moved him to TE last year. He's a big guy at 6'5 250. Maybe he can light it up next fall at Idaho.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Mike Beaudry has transferred to Idaho for the 2021 season. He kind of lost his starting job last year to another Canadian QB Jack Zergiotis 6'1 205 at Connecticut. But I see he did get some time at QB this pass fall completing 48% of his passes 2 TD's and 1 Int. I thought they had moved him to TE last year. He's a big guy at 6'5 250. Maybe he can light it up next fall at Idaho.
    A lot of CFL media or fans seem to be hoping for another Canadian QB to emerge from US college ball to get a CFL shot - like Rourke may from BC upcoming.

But this Beaudry guy has done little in US college ball so far. Maybe he will light it up there next season and get some CFL notice ?

And meanwhile, top Canadian QBs out of U Sports ball continue to be written-off by the GOB club (Richard, Merchant & Sinagra undrafted = WTF ???). The next Canadian QB on the CFL horizon should be Tre Ford - who has put up outstanding passing #s at Waterloo, plus is a real run threat (mobile QBs coming more to the fore lately - in the NFL and the CFL (like Fajardo, or even Strevler). Ford has opted out of the next CFL draft to play another season of U Sports ball - he could break passing records, win the Hec & Vanier, and I doubt the GOBs would take him seriously for a CFL try-out (or draft him in the early rounds) = sad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    Another Canadian QB prospect. I wonder if anyone drafts him.

https://3downnation.com/2021/03/03/i...ns-in-the-nfl/

"(Draft-eligible Canadian quarterback) Mike Beaudry might be better than Michael O’Connor. He’s not as good as (2020 second-round draft pick) Nathan Rourke, but he can sling it."

https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/foot...-beaudry/10238

I doubt he's better than O'Connor.

A QB from Ottawa - Christian Veilleux - has been recruited by Penn State (i.e. a big Div I program)