Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    So who are "next ones" to follow Bridge and Buckley. I would suggest it would be Chris Merchant from Western and Michael O'Connor from UBC. I believe their draft years are
    2019. Noah Picton is draft eligable in 2018 and although he has great quarterback smarts, his lack of height will limit his opportunities. Michael Knevel from Laurier might also be
    a possibility.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    So who are "next ones" to follow Bridge and Buckley. I would suggest it would be Chris Merchant from Western and Michael O'Connor from UBC. I believe their draft years are
    2019. Noah Picton is draft eligable in 2018 and although he has great quarterback smarts, his lack of height will limit his opportunities. Michael Knevel from Laurier might also be
    a possibility.

Knevel is a big QB and seems to have a pretty strong arm; but if you watched Laurier play in the play-offs last season, he was terribly out-classed in QB skills by Laval's Hugo Richard - way more accurate passer and smarter, more poised QB with mobility (and it had zero to do with Laval having the better all-around team - Laurier had a pretty strong defence).

Boatman
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Knevel is a big QB and seems to have a pretty strong arm; but if you watched Laurier play in the play-offs last season, he was terribly out-classed in QB skills by Laval's Hugo Richard - way more accurate passer and smarter, more poised QB with mobility (and it had zero to do with Laval having the better all-around team - Laurier had a pretty strong defence).
    I have to agree that Knevel has a lot of work to do. But who knows, maybe with a lot of work he may progress a lot in the next couple of years.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by j-ski View Post
    I have to agree that Knevel has a lot of work to do. But who knows, maybe with a lot of work he may progress a lot in the next couple of years.
    His brother - David - starting OT at Nebraska - should be near the top of the list of next year's top CFL draft prospects.

Michael hasn't had that much playing time - as Laurier's starting QB - his first year starting was last season (?), so he has one or two more years left ?