Hybrid View

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    The CFL may not be screwing Canadian QBs anymore but their luck sure hasn't changed. They never seem to be in the right place at the right time. I'm seeing Isaac Harker has a chance of starting for the Riders, that's THE Isaac Harker of NCAA II Colorado Mines (stadium capacity 4000). Ok, I know the comparison isn't fair and good players can come from anywhere but I'll bet the perception some of the coaches hold for him is still different than any CIS QB. Not tryin' to start something, just sayin'
    The problem with the CIS QBs is that they have only faced CIS defenses, never played against NCAA players that are bigger, faster, stronger and better coached, the NCAA also plays more games and their players train 12 months a year.
    The CIS QBs are playing against Canadian DBs, when a CIS QB goes to training camp he is throwing against NCAA DBs and ex-NFL DBs, it's rare for a Canadian to be a DB except at safety.

There are Canadian QBs in the NCAA, they have been scouted in Canada in high school and the QBs that have pro-potential are offered scholarships. The QBs that are not offered NCAA scholarships move on to the CIS.

Of course the preception of a CIS QB is going to be different, they just haven't played at the same level as an NCAA QB and they are not going to be up to the same standard as an NCAA QB in the training camp.

Banned
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    The problem with the CIS QBs is that they have only faced CIS defenses, never played against NCAA players that are bigger, faster, stronger and better coached, the NCAA also plays more games and their players train 12 months a year.
    The CIS QBs are playing against Canadian DBs, when a CIS QB goes to training camp he is throwing against NCAA DBs and ex-NFL DBs, it's rare for a Canadian to be a DB except at safety.

There are Canadian QBs in the NCAA, they have been scouted in Canada in high school and the QBs that have pro-potential are offered scholarships. The QBs that are not offered NCAA scholarships move on to the CIS.

Of course the preception of a CIS QB is going to be different, they just haven't played at the same level as an NCAA QB and they are not going to be up to the same standard as an NCAA QB in the training camp.
    More uninformed, inferiority BS.

Better coached, do you have qualitative proof for that? Do you have any idea of the restrictive rules the NCAA has on the amount of time coaches can be with their players. A Canadian coach doesn't have those same restrictions. Bigger, faster stronger? Are the concepts of the barbell and kinesiology not known across our barren wasteland.

A little fact checking for you, Chris Merchant, Hugo Richard and Michael O'Connor all had NCAA scholarships and "moved on" to CIS

Thank you for confirming the bias, now tell me about that great competition Colorado Mines was facing in NCAA II.
    Last edited by bannedforlife; 06-19-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedforlife View Post
    More uninformed, inferiority BS.

Better coached, do you have qualitative proof for that? Do you have any idea of the restrictive rules the NCAA has on the amount of time coaches can be with their players. A Canadian coach doesn't have those same restrictions. Bigger, faster stronger? Are the concepts of the barbell and kinesiology not known across our barren wasteland.

A little fact checking for you, Chris Merchant, Hugo Richard and Michael O'Connor all had NCAA scholarships and "moved on" to CIS

Thank you for confirming the bias, now tell me about that great competition Colorado Mines was facing in NCAA II.

You got fished in by spammer's typical Canadians are inferior at football B$; "ex - NFL/NCAA" talent ? - why a Canadian player out of the inferior Canadian system has no chance what-so-ever to compete against that ? ;o) Nice reply though.

There used to be a poster on one of the old pan-CFL fan sites - way back - that used to always chime in on this subject - and he insisted that only a NCAA Div I trained QB could possibly be good enough to play at the CFL level, and that's why CFL coaches would not bother to look at Canadian QBs with Canadian training. Goes way back in CFL GOB standard practice - Brancato having no use for Bill Robinson at QB; Chris Flynn got zero real CFL chance; etc. etc. etc. on to today. Why don't the Riders - with Collaros out and huge QB need - try to grab O'Connor off the Argos PR or bring in Merchant for a look ?

Funny how Div II QBs like Trevor Harris, Antonio Pipkin and now young Harker in Sask. have all merited CFL shots over the past few years, and mostly showed they can play QB in the CFL; also funny how Canadian QBs are never "lucky" enough to be in the right place at the right time to get such a CFL opportunity as well - kinda difficult when they're almost never even on a game roster as even a 3rd stringer; the Als have that Shitz guy at QB on the roster over Hugo Richard.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    You got fished in by spammer's typical Canadians are inferior at football B$
    Oh, I think I know where "cflfan" is coming from. I just hope Merchant is able to stick around for a bit and see if he gets lucky. Saskatchewan would be a nice place.

New Fan
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    A recurring nightmare/premonition I get from time to time: The NFL sets up shop here with a starting CANADIAN quarterback. Sometimes this League of ours just doesn't get it, and doesn't want to get it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dick View Post
    A recurring nightmare/premonition I get from time to time: The NFL sets up shop here with a starting CANADIAN quarterback. Sometimes this League of ours just doesn't get it, and doesn't want to get it.

The "radically" American CFL; run by mostly Americans / favoring American players; been like that for a long, long time; and that, IMO, is what a lot of people don't get or else are afraid to discuss and/or admit it.

Canadian QB Nathan Rourke might make an NFL team if he continues to progress with his passing arm at Ohio; doubt he even gets a serious CFL shot even if the NFL totally ignores him next year; there won't be an NFL team in Canada anytime soon - so no need to worry about that premonition.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dick View Post
    Sometimes this League of ours just doesn't get it, and doesn't want to get it.
    So true, the loyal CFL fan doesn't want the ratio touched and wants a Canadian QB. I am sure there are a few dissenters who truly believe in less ratio and could care less about the value of a Canadian QB but if you checked the majority's past posts (here and elsewhere) you'd probably figure out why.

This league needs a lot more radical fans who will "push back" and stop taking the crap they've been taking, only then will it stop. I've seen it here and at other CFL sites. Maybe some people think some of us are overzealous but I truly believe this league is worth fighting for and in today's toxic environment it has to be fought for or it will be lost.