Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    You are correct about that. He is probably the only commissioner that had no real problems to deal with relatively speaking. Commissioners previous to him had to deal with NFL commish Bert Bell, regarding contract issues and disputes with the CFL raiding NFL players, constant in fighting between the 2 conferences and problems with another pro league the AFL which drove player salaries up the wall. We all know the issues that commissioners after Gaudaur had to deal with. Gaudaur probably had it the easiest of all. It could be said that Gaudaur had it so easy maybe he didn't do anything, which may have led to the issues his replacements have faced.
    I liked Gaudaur but I have been saying for over 30 years that he knew when to get out and got out at the right time. I can't imagine that he didn't know that there would be some rough waters ahead for the league when he retired.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I liked Gaudaur but I have been saying for over 30 years that he knew when to get out and got out at the right time. I can't imagine that he didn't know that there would be some rough waters ahead for the league when he retired.
    Wasn't Gaudaur responsible for the blackouts, which is arguably the root of the problems the Argonauts face in the market today.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Wasn't Gaudaur responsible for the blackouts, which is arguably the root of the problems the Argonauts face in the market today.
    Although I agree that blackout were not a good thing, I stand by what I have been saying for the last 20 years that blackouts have nothing to do with the state of mind of many that don't care for or are apathetic to the CFL. Society today is so money obsessed that many people look at the disparity of salaries between the major pro leagues in North America and automatically conclude they have no time for what they perceive to be a minor league product in the CFL.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Although I agree that blackout were not a good thing, I stand by what I have been saying for the last 20 years that blackouts have nothing to do with the state of mind of many that don't care for or are apathetic to the CFL. Society today is so money obsessed that many people look at the disparity of salaries between the major pro leagues in North America and automatically conclude they have no time for what they perceive to be a minor league product in the CFL.
    . Would that perception change if the league doubled the salary cap?
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    I don't think so. You have individual players in the other leagues making more than even double the salary cap of each entire team. For some reason, young people look up to those that are branded to the extreme. At the risk of sounding like an old fart, when I was a kid, we loved players based on how good they were at their game. Marketing had ZERO to do with it.

I can see LeBron James making close to 100M a year next year between NBA salary and all his endorsements. I think he'll make 40M just on his NBA salary alone with the huge bump in the cap after the new TV rights deals.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't think so. You have individual players in the other leagues making more than even double the salary cap of each entire team. For some reason, young people look up to those that are branded to the extreme. At the risk of sounding like an old fart, when I was a kid, we loved players based on how good they were at their game. Marketing had ZERO to do with it.

I can see LeBron James making close to 100M a year next year between NBA salary and all his endorsements. I think he'll make 40M just on his NBA salary alone with the huge bump in the cap after the new TV rights deals.
    An interesting note. The Chinese Super League (soccer), while professional, is not considered a top tier league. A few of their players are some of the most highest paid athletes in the world making close to 400 000 British pounds a week. A WEEK!

Banned
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by BATKINSON001 View Post
    We wouldn't have a league!! the Esks, Riders, Bombers are making a small profit and the others losing money or breaking even.
    If teams had to double the salary cap to $8 million none would survive.
    Maybe hire Gary Bettmen as the par time Commish and get him to re-negotiate the CFL TV contract or see if he can get $80 million out of Rogers.