Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
Sure, and there have also been lawyers who ran successful enterprises. Just as there have been lawyers who failed in politics and business.

I don't think a law degree is going to be on the CFL's list of desired attributes, nor should it be. A lawyer might turn out to be a good commissioner, but anyone -- lawyer or otherwise -- who isn't good at running a complex business will almost certainly fail.

Well, sure, but you didn't say 'lawyer or otherwise.' Your point was that being a lawyer doesn't automatically qualify someone to up to the task of running a large business. My counter-point is that is doesn't disqualify you either; therefore, why make that the basis of your argument in the first place?

I am sure we agree; it'll take a good person with good vision and the ability to sell it while managing 9 distinct Governors on the board. Law tends to be one of the jobs that is a benefit to a resume in this regard.

As this pertains to Jock Climie, it would be a benefactor. We already know he's bright, enthusiastic, he knows the game, and he can communicate. Day to day good businesses are run by VP's anyway. This would be essential regardless. This is also why I believe that Pinball could handle this roll. He'd SELL the game.