Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Aside from much improved marketing by the Argos & CFL in the area - how to combat this garbage ? Tough call. One thing I recommend - when an NFL hero worshipping wannabe bad mouths the CFL or you for being a CFL fan - tell them to F.O. and threaten a punch in their big moron yap. It`s something anyways. Staying a quiet little sheep to those types just encourages them, and helps the attitude thrive.
I never did back down, not in high school for sure, and not later, especially when I had a few "pops" in me, when these things would usually come up, I never threatened to punch anyone over it, but I pissed a few bigger guys than me off with it, and almost got a punch myself. I don't (or didn't then) care, I've always been of the mind, that if you happen to really like the NFL better, who am I to say you should like the CFL, but the belittling and snickering about something they almost always invariably knew nothing about, rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
Still plenty of wannabe types in Ottawa who mock or look down on the CFL. I don`t really know, but just seems to me - that attitude is just so much more prevalent and has been allowed to thrive in Toronnawannabe land ( or most of Southern Ontario) ?

There is TONS of RedBlacks gear - hats, Ts, jersey's, etc. - on display by the sports gear wearing public here, ever since the RedBlacks returned as a CFL franchise. Why does Toronto not have lots of people sporting Argo gear? - afraid to be mocked by a wannabe ?
I would say yes. Even though I would stand up to NFL wannabe types, I must admit, when I put on that Argo gear, I felt and I knew I would be mocked. And often I was. And as much as I didn't care, I didn't always want to bother with that. So imagine a fairweather fan? Why would he or she bother?