Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
Popp has had was questionable draft picks over the years. But we just see them in game film where the GM's and scouts meet the players in person and know more about their private lives which would factor into some decisions.
Two years ago I hoped for Chungh with the first pick but Winnipeg beat Barker to it. Last year I wanted Lauzon-Seguin and Noel. Barker could have had Lauzon-Seguin and he would look very good a RG right about now. Jones seems like a good player but I would rather have the good O Lineman who can play ten years in the League. Tall guys like Jones are going to get whacked going over the middle sooner or later and be out with a knee injury. Still think Noel will be an impact player if they Coach him right. Campbell and Sackey kind of came out of the blue as to where where Barker picked them. Campbell just might turn out alright when they get the finished product by next year. Couldn't ask for a better physical speciman.
This year I like Spooner, Okafor and Wright and we will see where they end up and how they progress.
I expect them to get a DL (bpa) and a LB with their first two picks, should things go their way.

Secondarily, I see DB & Receiver.

The picks of Campbell and Sackey surprised even the most studied experts, but it shows that our recruiters place an emphasis on local products. We have seen this in Montreal with the French guys, and in Regina and BC over the years. Not a bad plan as you want guys who WANT to be Argos. BTW, we have those same recruiters, and I expect we'll see a couple more local products again this year.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one of the UofT prospects drated (Corey Williams, Arkarakas, Gillespie) or the York Receiver (Adeboboye) or a local type like Boeteng.